For your Sunday Packer fix.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we have to wait till Monday for this week's Packer game here's one you can watch in full from history on your Sunday. The 1983 season opener Packers at Houston Oilers (today's Tennessee Titans..)

The Packers had a terrific offense and a terrible defense that year and both are on full display in this 41-38 OT shootout. Enjoy seeing Lynn ****ey, James Lofton, John Jefferson, Eddie Lee Ivery and Paul Coffman for the Packers and you should get a kick out of rb Earl Campbell and qb Archie Manning (Peyton & Eli's daddy) for Houston.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...r2=sb-top-search&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Since we have to wait till Monday for this week's Packer game here's one you can watch in full from history on your Sunday. The 1983 season opener Packers at Houston Oilers (today's Tennessee Titans..)

The Packers had a terrific offense and a terrible defense that year and both are on full display in this 41-38 OT shootout. Enjoy seeing Lynn ****ey, James Lofton, John Jefferson, Eddie Lee Ivery and Paul Coffman for the Packers and you should get a kick out of rb Earl Campbell and qb Archie Manning (Peyton & Eli's daddy) for Houston.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...r2=sb-top-search&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003
I was at this game. Couldn't believe how many empty seats there were in the Astrodome. I believe it was Dan Pastorini that was QB for the Oilers. Jan Stenerud won the game with a FG.

D

Deleted member 6794

Really? The old man lit us up. I remember thinking, neither one of these teams can play defense.

Well, Manning threw for 348 yards but only had one TD pass with two interceptions. Earl Campbell ran for 123 yards and 3 TDs though. It was one of two career games in which Lynn ****ey threw for five touchdowns.

Members online

Latest posts