For those who thought that Christl was unfair to Rodgers...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From today's camp report:

Camp Report, Aug. 22

THUMBS UP

On a visit to Green Bay during the off-season workouts, former NFL quarterback Rich Gannon told Aaron Rodgers that the best thing he could do for his own career, the Packers and Brett Favre would be to push Favre every day in practice. More than three weeks and 26 practices into camp, Rodgers seems to have accomplished that goal.

He has completed 136 of 228 passes, for 59.6%, with six interceptions in 11-on-11 periods. In seven-on-seven sessions, Rodgers is 82 of 135, for 60.7%, with two interceptions. On Tuesday night when Favre completed less than 50% of his passes in team drills, Rodgers was 7 of 10, as well as 4 of 4 in seven-on-seven.

Rodgers isn’t at the point where he’s pushing Favre for the starting job, but his camp numbers are comparable with fewer interceptions. Favre has completed 60.7% of his passes in 11-on-11 periods with nine interceptions and 57.9% in seven-on-seven sessions with six interceptions.

Rodgers has come a long way in a year’s time. He credits the new coaching staff for some of his improvement, but said the main thing was that he came to camp this year with a better attitude and a stronger commitment. “I didn’t want to have another training camp like last year,â€

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: For those who thought that Christl was unfair to Rodgers

It's good to see Bretts heir apparent making significant strides this year.

I feel quite comfortable with Rodgers if Brett does actually retire after this year.
Hopefully the offensive line will make similar strides by this time next year.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ironically Cliff's thumbs down from yesterday went to an offensive lineman

THUMBS DOWN

With two rookie guards in the starting lineup, the Packers are going to endure some growing pains. A case in point occurred during a team period Tuesday night when the Packers were working on a blitz pickup. There was a jailbreak on three successive snaps with pressure coming mostly from middle linebacker Tim Goodwell and outside backer Brady Poppinga.

The culprit was rookie guard Tony Moll, but coach Mike McCarthy said it wasn’t a recognition problem or a mental mistake. “It was a technique thing,â€

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's good to see Christl give credit where credit is due. A lesser columnist would've refused to acknowledge Rodgers' progress. Christl was a little slow to come around, but he's there.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have taken issues with a couple writers in GB after the way they handled the AJ Hawk situation in camp. Cristl, I agree, is actually good at just reporting what he sees wether it be good or bad. He's not perfect, but then again no one is...

AR has come on strong and makes me personally feel more comfortable for life after Brett. I think he can be a very good QB in this league.

Members online

Latest posts