1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

For those who think Iowa cant beat Ohio State

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cyoung, Sep 15, 2006.

1. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    the games only in a few weeks and to reassure myself I just think back to last time they played back (2004) Iowa: 33 OSU: 7.

OSU vs Iowa 2004 highlights (made by scothawk)

Players regonized on Defense for this game was Matt Roth (Iowa/Dolphins) Abdul Hodge (Iowa/Packers) Jonathon Babinueax (Iowa/Falcons) and AJ Hawk (Bucks/Packers).

2. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I only think Iowa can't beat Ohio State because they played like *** outside of 1 goal line stand last week, and played badly until the 4th quarter this week. That was against Syracuse and Iowa State.

Oh, FYI. You don't have Roth, Hodge, and Babineaux, and the Buckeyes didn't have a QB back then. :lol:

3. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes those were the days when Iowa had a solid Defense, and I dont know what happened against Iowa State but the offense **** performence against Syracuse was Jason mansons 4 interceptions.

About OSU quarterback situation, the quarterback who threw the interception and was sacked twice by Roth was Troy Smith, and half of the bad performence was Zwick

4. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Justin Zwick is garbage, and Smith was a sophmore. Whole different situation.

Ohio State by 2 TDs.

5. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Tate was a sophmore

Ohio State will probaly win I just hate that Iowa is looking bad and isn't beating Montana more than 41-7 or Syracuse 20-13 and they need 2OT (but Tate wasn't playing and Manson threw 4 interceptions) and Pulled the Iowa State game out of there *** and played Sluggish against Illinois so Iowa is 4-0 but Ohio State is going to give them a gold slap to the groin. I say Ohio State 27-10 (hopefully hawks play better than the 31-6 beating they took in 2005)

6. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Iowa is nothing this year. I don't care who was at QB, Iowa should've lost to Syracuse. The 'Cuse can't win anymore so they got lucky. Ohio State will win, but I think they are overrated. Everyone talks about how great Smith is, but honestly, what has he done? He's all potential. Can't win a Heisman for what you should be able to do. Don't get me wrong, I think OSU is very good, but they haven't done much. Sure they beat Texas, but they didn't show up in that game.

7. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Well now we can say there playing like **** but we cant say there nothing. Drew Tate is a great quarterback no matter what anybody says, but he gets emotional and frustrated if he would take sit down (when the defense is out there) and take a couple of deep breaths and calm down he'd be fine but if somthings go wrong, he feels its his fault and he gets mad. Thats one problem I see in Drew Tate. Albert Young 2nd rusher in the Big Ten last year I think, he is fast and strong, two great abilities to have. He can also catch so the power, speed, and Catching ability go a long way. The receiving corp is not as talented as their predecessors Herb Grigsby and Calvin Davis are not BY ANY MEANS Ed Hinkel and Clinton Solomon (AND Calvin Davis is Injured) But this Dominique Douglas is very Impressive IMO he is their 2nd best and he is a true freshman so I cant wait to see him as a Senior he is very talented. The Defensive Line is good with Bryan Mattison and Kenny Iwembema at End and Mitch King (one ugly *** son of a bitch) and Matt Kroul at Tackles. The Linebacking corp is Talented with senoir Edmound Miles at MLB and Mike Klinkenborg (R.I.P to his father who died last week at the clay county fair 20 miles away from my town) at the OLB. The Defensive Backs are a little Fresh with Charles Godfrey playing last year and Adam Shada seeing the field from time to time they know whats going on (Adam Shada just a little touchy for pass intereference) Marcus Pashcal and Miguel Merrick, No comment I like them a lot and they can play football.

8. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't need Iowa's roster. I know Ferentz has been tearin it up in recruiting, but it's not doing anything for this year's team. Next year they should be killers.

9. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that OSU is so overrated. Went into the #13 team's home and smacked em down hard. Went into the #2 rated teams home and smacked them down hard. Three ranked teams in september and beat them all by an average of 20 pts. What an overrated team.

10. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    osu is for real

11. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I win.

12. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Frankly I'm beginning to want to hire Jim Heacock(OSU D coordinator) as the Packers D coordinator. Nine new starters on D and it actually looks better than last season's D with Hawk, Whitner, and Carpenter.

13. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, OK. First of all, it's college. Second of all, Iowa sucks.

14. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, it's true...they did do all this. One thing they haven't done yet though is beat Michigan. If they do that this year, they're for real. If they don't, the Wolverines will be playing for the national championship.

15. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    M go Blue!

16. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe you should read. That was before the Iowa game. And Texas was only #2 because of last year, and haven't even played anybody other than OSU. I didn't say OSU sucked, but they hadn't done anything to deserve the hype until this weekend.

17. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol I have and did read and knew where it came from, but to say OSU was overhyped was ridiculous. OSU is never "overhyped" and if anything never really gets respect. They went into Austin and smacked em on their home turf, but that's not enough. Then beat a ranked PSU team that always plays us tough. They were 4-0 going into Iowa while not allowing more than 12 pts in a game and not allowing a rushing TD all season(until Iowa).

Btw, whomever said what they said about Michigan. Tressel is 4-1 against Meatchicken including two major upset victories.