For those of you who want Brad Childress

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things:

#1...he missed his interview with TT yesterday. He stayed in Minny overnight. Looks like they will sign him.

#2...Rumor in Philly is that IF he gets a head coaching job he will offer Darrell Bevell the offensive coordinator position.

Please scratch him from your list TT.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A guy from Philly on another board said Childress melted this year when things got tough.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea net. TO tore him a new one. He told Childress "not to speak to him until he is spoken to". This was his offensive coordinator. It was one of the reasons Andy Reid suspended him.....the first time.

I see Childress all the time....he doesn't impress me as a take charge type of leader.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as Childress goes I am a badger fan and cannot tell you how much I dreaded watching Badger games it just drove me nuts with all the running and very unoriginal play calling. Childress would definetly be a wrong direction for this team as was firing Sherman in my opinion.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed JB i don't think this Guy is right for thr Packer job..His time in Madison was weak at best. The Badgers have looked much better in my eyes after he left. Now they a effective passing game to go along with their running attack. When he was there... we got behind and didn't have a chance to catch up with his three run playbook.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed Gota the new guy there is great took a young offense and beefed it up with a good mix of pass and run. Wisconsin dominated a a top ten defense.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that much about the guy......or the others for that matter. My fear is, that we won't get somebody better then Sherman. That it will be another Dan Devine era.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at Childress' offenses when he was with the Badgers. That should tell you all you need to know about him. I really hope he signs with the Queenies and we get someone like Bates, Rivera or Mangini (though the last one's a long shot).

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOP, I would LOVE to get Ron Rivera. I think he is going to be a star in the league. Although, if TT decidesto go with Bates, I would be quite happy as well. I just think his age will be a detriment to a HC job....at least in the eyes of the guys who do the hiring.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Look at Childress' offenses when he was with the Badgers. That should tell you all you need to know about him. I really hope he signs with the Queenies and we get someone like Bates, Rivera or Mangini (though the last one's a long shot).

I'm switching to Jim Haslett as my top choice...he was the head of one of the poorest-ran organizations in football, and took them to the playoffs--their only playoff win ever...i'd like to see an aggressive, intense, fiery coach...he's my top choice now that Childress looks to be out

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
dhpackr said:
what about the fact he got to the nfc championship three years in a row?

and choked everytime as well. oops forgot they made the sb last year and lost as well.

yeah the oc choked , and that's why philly lost the superBowl! greta post! :roll:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Evening news in the twin cities are reporting that Childress is about to sign. I would think that will pretty much doom the Yikes to a few more years of mediocrity.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts