For the sake of argument...

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say Harvey or Beasley drop to late teens or early 20's. I'll give you a couple scenarios.

1.) Ted does nothing to move, drafts whoever at #30

2.) Ted moves up and

A.) They move Perry inside to make room for the rookie, or

B.) They put the rookie inside.

Do any of these scenarios work for you guys? If it's Beasley I worry about his size being a 220-something pound linebacker. Yes it worked for Nick Barnett but Beasley? If it's Harvey I can see it working well, though I think I might want to put him inside. I think Perry is better outside than inside, and I think Harvey could pick it up, and with his 240 or so pound body wouldn't get run over as easy as Beasley. As always interested in everyone's opinion.

D

Deleted member 6794

Let's say Harvey or Beasley drop to late teens or early 20's. I'll give you a couple scenarios.

1.) Ted does nothing to move, drafts whoever at #30

2.) Ted moves up and

A.) They move Perry inside to make room for the rookie, or

B.) They put the rookie inside.

Do any of these scenarios work for you guys? If it's Beasley I worry about his size being a 220-something pound linebacker. Yes it worked for Nick Barnett but Beasley? If it's Harvey I can see it working well, though I think I might want to put him inside. I think Perry is better outside than inside, and I think Harvey could pick it up, and with his 240 or so pound body wouldn't get run over as easy as Beasley. As always interested in everyone's opinion.

If Vic Beasley (who actually weighed 246 pounds at the combine) miraculously drops close to the Packers pick I would be fine with Thompson moving up to draft him. The Packers would still have to address the ILB position but in this case the team could continue to play Matthews there. Perry isn´t capable of playing inside.

BTW I really have no idea who you´re talking about with Harvey.

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Vic Beasley (who actually weighed 246 pounds at the combine) miraculously drops close to the Packers pick I would be fine with Thompson moving up to draft him. The Packers would still have to address the ILB position but in this case the team could continue to play Matthews there. Perry isn´t capable of playing inside.

BTW I really have no idea who you´re talking about with Harvey.

I meant Gregory out of Nebraska. Sorry guys for the confusion, but it's good to know some of you can talk about a bad movie from the 1940's so eloquently on a football forum.

RyanO4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya Perry lacks the athleticism and speed to play ILB. He would be a 2 down ILB at best after reaching his potential for that position. Coverage would be his achilles heel in my opinion. Bradford on the other hand is a different story and does have some potential.

D

Deleted member 6794

I meant Gregory out of Nebraska.

Gregory would be a nice pickup as well but it´s highly unlikely he drops close to the Packers pick.

Ya Perry lacks the athleticism and speed to play ILB. He would be a 2 down ILB at best after reaching his potential for that position. Coverage would be his achilles heel in my opinion. Bradford on the other hand is a different story and does have some potential.

The Packers already have a two down ILB on the roster with Barrington and I would really like Thompson to bring in Brandon Spikes as another. The Packers need a three down inside backer capable of covering RBs and TEs, Perry isn´t capable of doing that.

Members online

Latest posts