For official Brett forum peeps

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course not. Because that would not hold up to the statement "Favre gave the game away". Of the 5 TO's that MN had in that game only one amounted to any points for the Saints. And that was Harvins fumble. Petersons and Berrian's fumbles as well as Brett 2 INT's amounted to 0 points for the high powered Saints offense.

All 5 took away scoring opportunities. Only 1 gave away the game however. If you want to look at it like that. The way MN was moving the ball, if you take 3 of those away and make them scoring plays, even FG's, the overtime never happens. Vikings fans know this and hence don't blame Brett for losing the game. Only disgruntled Favre hater's blame him for the loss. IF, MN does not have those 5 TO's the game is a blowout by the middle of the 4th quarter.

I dont say Brett cost them the game, just as I dont say Rodgers didnt lose the AR game...

But when it mattered most they had the balls in their hands and failed to deliver, that is indisputable truth

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno why anyone would argue over who lost in what way or who is better etc.
The fact is that both the Packers and the Vikes lost and the Saints won.
Is Farve any better than A-Rod?
No. Both QBs lost.
Is Drew Brees better than both?
Yes because he won.

There.
End of discussion.

Now let's get back to the original discussion of the topic about how crazy and mad the Brent Farv fans are over on the OBF.
We are better than them.
So let's show it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Both QBs lost.
Is Drew Brees better than both?
Yes because he won.

There.
End of discussion.

Now let's get back to the original discussion of the topic about how crazy and mad the Brent Farv fans are over on the OBF.
We are better than them.
So let's show it.
We are?

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
No. Both QBs lost.

Maybe - but Rodgers was deep in his own territory on 3rd and 7 under heavy pressure. Throwing the ball away meant punting and giving a team they hadn't stopped once great field position. Don't think he didn't know that.

Favre had his team right on the verge of scoring position and was under no pressure at all. Favre could have run for 5 or even easier, thrown the ball to a wide open Berrian who he was rolling right towards and could not have possibly not seen unless he was completely focused on 1 receiver.

Favre was in scoring position, AR wasn't.
Rodgers had defenders all over him, Favre didn't.
Favre had easy plays he could have made to give his team a chance but chose to force it, AR didn't.

So, other than those critical observations, the situations were pretty similar I guess... :suicide2::

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
While I don't think it would be good for the NFL, and it would certainly lead to re-alignment with them leaving our division...

There isn't a more deserving, whiny ***** fan base for such a fate. If they move to LA I think I'd laugh for about a week straight. They'd likely never have NFL football back in Minny in my lifetime and it would be funny as hell watching several of them try to become Packer fans like their grandfathers were.
:viksux:

This is what I'm saying. It would be just a great way to extend a middle finger to those purple clad 'queen lovers. The Rams could go into the NFC north and the 'queens could take their spot in the west. It would be bad for the league.....but I would love it.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys think there has to be some sort of divisional realignment. How long was Tampa Bay in the NFC Central? I don't think anything would change. Not right away at least. We'd probably get 5 to 10 years of having L.A. in our division before the NFL granted someone an expansion team or something that really made realignment necessary.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys think there has to be some sort of divisional realignment. How long was Tampa Bay in the NFC Central? I don't think anything would change. Not right away at least. We'd probably get 5 to 10 years of having L.A. in our division before the NFL granted someone an expansion team or something that really made realignment necessary.

The NFL re-aligned a few years ago for a reason - so the divisions made more geographical sense. They did try to preserve rivalries as best as they could too.
You are right, there is no reason they'd "have to" re-align. Yes, Tampa was in our division for a long time and that made no sense. But, IMO, if the NFL allows the Vikes to leave for LA, not re-aligning right away would only be postponing the inevitable. It will happen sooner or later so why not sooner. The NFL can't like having St. Louis in the West... But, that is another unsure franchise and future too so maybe they wouldn't re-align until all of the franchise moving is all done and settled "for good" (meaning until the next owner isn't satisfied with the profits in his current market).

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
While I don't think it would be good for the NFL, and it would certainly lead to re-alignment with them leaving our division...

There isn't a more deserving, whiny ***** fan base for such a fate. If they move to LA I think I'd laugh for about a week straight. They'd likely never have NFL football back in Minny in my lifetime and it would be funny as hell watching several of them try to become Packer fans like their grandfathers were.
I have always thought of the Packers as my second team and have never made any bones to the fact that if the Vikings move out of MN I would more than likely follow the Packers full time. LA Vikings just does not do it for me. The team most likely to move right now however is Jacksonville. They had at least 6 blackouts this season alone. So for now it looks like at least for the next few years the Vikings will be around to annoy you Packer fans.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always thought of the Packers as my second team and have never made any bones to the fact that if the Vikings move out of MN I would more than likely follow the Packers full time. LA Vikings just does not do it for me. The team most likely to move right now however is Jacksonville. They had at least 6 blackouts this season alone. So for now it looks like at least for the next few years the Vikings will be around to annoy you Packer fans.
I agree that the Vikings are #5 or #6 in the list of moveable teams. But the sole fact that they are on the list should be a deep concern for their fans.

And sheering for the Packers? Really? I could never envision myself cheering for anyone else, let alone a hatred rival.

But I don't know your history, so I can't really call it. Don't know if you have relatives that bleed Green and Gold or such, but it's strange for me...

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Vikings Loving L.A.? | National Football Post

I think there are several realistic candidates. The only reason I don't think it will be the Jags is because Wayne Weaver is over 75 years old. He has stated that he isn't interested in selling his team and IMO that is what it would take to get them to LA right now. I can't see this old coot moving to LA. I obviously could be wrong but I don't see the team going anywhere until Weaver sells or passes on.

Buffalo? Maybe, but I actually see them as most likely to end up being the first international team landing in Toronto if they move. That would make total sense. Short move, many of the fans would stay loyal...

The Rams could always go back to LA. That would solve the re-alignment problem (LOL). Then they'd totally belong in the NFCW. This one is a bigger possibility to me than the Jags.

The Vikes will only move if they don't get a new stadium deal (duh right)... But IMO it all hinges on that Vikes fans. If a new stadium is not built for the Vikes (particularly after the state ponied up and helped the Twins and Gophers), that team is NOT sticking around. IMO, be it by hook or by crook, I think they will get it done. I just can't see the state of Minnesota not coming up with some solution (even if not tax money) to keep that team there. They have lost the Lakers and the North Stars already. They were LUCKY to get both of those major sports to come back. IMO if the Vikes move on, that state won't see NFL football again for several years, if ever. I think that even in the 11th hour, they will see the gravity of this and find a way to build a stadium. That said, Wilf didn't buy that team to lose money or to lose football games. If they force him to choose between the metrodump and the road, my money is on the road.

As far as I know the only other teams possibly in play are the Chargers (I think they stay in SD) and the Raiders. Al Davis is a nut... It wouldn't surprise me if he moved his f'n team to Fargo.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Imagine how big a star Adrian Peterson could become with the bright lights of L.A. shining on him. My god. He'd be a global icon.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I think AD goes to the Tiki Barber School Of Curing Fumbleitis this summer. And that scares me.

It doesn't scare me until favre is gone. With favre as the QB they will always be a passing team first and that is one hell of a pretty decoy.

I know there is value is taking pressure off of the passing game because you have to respect the run BUT, if he isn't fumbling he is in the top 3 players in the league and not having the ball in his hands IMO makes you a less dangerous team. If favre could ever take a back seat to somebody and AD would stop fumbling THEN the Vikes would really scare me as a SB threat.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I agree that the Vikings are #5 or #6 in the list of moveable teams. But the sole fact that they are on the list should be a deep concern for their fans.

And sheering for the Packers? Really? I could never envision myself cheering for anyone else, let alone a hatred rival.

But I don't know your history, so I can't really call it. Don't know if you have relatives that bleed Green and Gold or such, but it's strange for me...
Well that is one thing that separates us. I don't hate any other team. Well maybe Dallas. And most of my relatives bleed Green and Gold, since I grew up 30 miles from Green Bay. One of my sisters had season tickets until she moved to Alaska. Hell, one of you may be related to me if your from the Fox Valley area. I only have 89 cousins.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I'm from the FRV (possible cousin)... Went to Green Bay West. How can you grow up in that area and be a Viking fan? Seriously?? That doesn't compute. Even when the Pack wasn't any good - like my whole childhood and early adulthood - they were still MINE. Being from Green Bay, I can't imagine cheering for any other team, let alone a divisional foe... But, to each their own... I guess.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'm from the FRV (possible cousin)... Went to Green Bay West. How can you grow up in that area and be a Viking fan? Seriously?? That doesn't compute. Even when the Pack wasn't any good - like my whole childhood and early adulthood - they were still MINE. Being from Green Bay, I can't imagine cheering for any other team, let alone a divisional foe... But, to each their own... I guess.
It's simple really. I was watching a Packer-Viking game one day. Starr v. Kapp(or Tarkenton, not sure at this point. I do know that the Packers had lost the game) When I went to school the next day a bunch of kids were talking about the game. Well being smaller and someone who studdard, I mentioned kinda liking the Vikings helmet and the **** hit the fan. Needless to say, part of me liked the way it got under the skin of people who had been teasing me for years. And from there it just grew. In college I was frat brother with the son of a VP of the company that built the Dumpty Dome. That's how I got tickets to see the games at the old Met and when done, the Dome.

GBW are they the "Trojans" or is that Southwest? I remember being in the lunch room there one time with my on of my cousins and we couldn't help laughing at the big sign that said "Support your Trojans!". He said he supported them every time he had sex with his girlfriend.

Oh, BTW Appleton West.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The "admin" is saying Bretts intentions will be made known on his site..

Who knows how long? Maybe July

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

I agree with you man. I grew up on Thorndale St, less than half a mile from the stadium just off Oneida. I went to Southwest High and went to every Packer game. We were horrible when I was growing up and I still bled green and gold. If the Packers moved out of Green Bay I would be done being a football fan. There is NO WAY I could cheer for another team, let alone a team like the Bears or Vikes. If my team moved away I would feel so scorned that I would probably never be able to watch another NFL game.

You are right though. The Vikings staying totally relies on their fans. The state is not going to pony up for a third stadium in as many years. God I hope they move.:viksux:

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I agree with you man. I grew up on Thorndale St, less than half a mile from the stadium just off Oneida. I went to Southwest High and went to every Packer game. We were horrible when I was growing up and I still bled green and gold. If the Packers moved out of Green Bay I would be done being a football fan. There is NO WAY I could cheer for another team, let alone a team like the Bears or Vikes. If my team moved away I would feel so scorned that I would probably never be able to watch another NFL game.

You are right though. The Vikings staying totally relies on their fans. The state is not going to pony up for a third stadium in as many years. God I hope they move.:viksux:
Funny - My uncle and aunt lived in a small house on Thorndale and that is where I parked when I went to games... LOL

Raptor - doing things to get under other people's skin is no way to go through life. I don't get that at all. The Packers are YOURS and you choose to root for the enemy? That just sucks. However, it does explain why you seen to want to take the contrarian point of view on this board so much - I guess it is what gives you enjoyment. BTW, Green Bay West is the Wildcats...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Funny - My uncle and aunt lived in a small house on Thorndale and that is where I parked when I went to games... LOL

Raptor - doing things to get under other people's skin is no way to go through life. I don't get that at all. The Packers are YOURS and you choose to root for the enemy? That just sucks. However, it does explain why you seen to want to take the contrarian point of view on this board so much - I guess it is what gives you enjoyment. BTW, Green Bay West is the Wildcats...
I stopped trying to get under peoples skins a long time ago. I was 8 years old back then and it was a defensive mechanism to get me through some tough times. As to taking the contrarian point of view, I will do that from time to make a point. And at other times its because I believe differently then others on this board. If we all agreed, this would become boring rather quickly and the board would cease to exist. I have left several boards because the Mods over reacted to confrontation and if you didn't "toe the line" you were banned or ostracized. While the boards are still up they have few people posting.

The reasons fans follow the teams they do are wide and varied. I never question why someone follows a team, even Cowboy fans.(although they must have something wrong in their heads!:crazy:)

I always respect fans of other teams because their reasons for being fans are no better or worse then mine. Just different. And I always remember were the term fan comes from. So if I don't agree with you on something, don't take it personal, it's not.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I always respect fans of other teams because their reasons for being fans are no better or worse then mine. Just different. And I always remember were the term fan comes from. So if I don't agree with you on something, don't take it personal, it's not.

That is all well and good but the Packers are hardly just any other team. They are truly unique to all the sports world. You lived right on their doorstep but made a willing decision to turn your back on them.

That isn't like growing up in some town with no franchise and deciding who you are going to root for. Adding in how unique and special the Packers are it makes even less sense. But hey, far be it from me to tell what an odd decision you made. You seem to think this is no different that deciding that you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches better than grilled cheese. It is quite different but it isn't like making you see a point of view has ever been easy.
:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there really an obligation to LOVE the Packers if you were even born in the parking lot?

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Is there really an obligation to LOVE the Packers if you were even born in the parking lot?

Yeah - I think there is. Check out the city guide page 3.

In seriousness, not saying there is an obligation - just that it defies logic.

The only way it would possibly make sense to me is if you don't care about football at all or if your parents were from somewhere else and so you followed the team that they followed. I live in Viking country and it will be a cold day in hell that a Viking jersey is allowed in my house. Iron ****** dad? Maybe - but my house, my rules. My boys can love the gay purple if they want as soon as they are living somewhere else.

No rule to living in Green Bay and being a Packer fan - but when the person chooses not just some random other team that they like but rather, the arch enemy - that is just weird.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
That is all well and good but the Packers are hardly just any other team. They are truly unique to all the sports world. You lived right on their doorstep but made a willing decision to turn your back on them.

That isn't like growing up in some town with no franchise and deciding who you are going to root for. Adding in how unique and special the Packers are it makes even less sense. But hey, far be it from me to tell what an odd decision you made. You seem to think this is no different that deciding that you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches better than grilled cheese. It is quite different but it isn't like making you see a point of view has ever been easy.
Yeah - I think there is. Check out the city guide page 3.

In seriousness, not saying there is an obligation - just that it defies logic.

The only way it would possibly make sense to me is if you don't care about football at all or if your parents were from somewhere else and so you followed the team that they followed. I live in Viking country and it will be a cold day in hell that a Viking jersey is allowed in my house. Iron ****** dad? Maybe - but my house, my rules. My boys can love the gay purple if they want as soon as they are living somewhere else.

No rule to living in Green Bay and being a Packer fan - but when the person chooses not just some random other team that they like but rather, the arch enemy - that is just weird.
And at what age did you become aware that the Packer ownership group was different then the rest of the league? Ownership was never an issue with me until I was out of college. I had no one following football in my family at the time. It wasn't until I started following the Vikings that the rest of my immediate family really became Packer fans. Not hard core ones mind you. And yes, they do try to convert me to the "dark side". (or the Pack side as they say.) So really, I am responsible for creating at least 8 Packer fans.

The last time they sold Packer stock if I had the money I would have bought some, now wouldn't that confuse you? My son can follow any team he wishes at anytime he wishes. Right now he's not into football.

And logic? Come on man, this is about being a fan. From the word fanatic: " marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion " Logic never comes into play.

As far as making a willing decision to turn my back on them. That would have required some commitment on may part to them in the first place. The Packers or any team don't have exclusive rights to the people who live in their area. If they did, then CJS would have to be a Vikings fan. And I am pretty sure he would not like that one bit.

When Rocky Bleier was playing for the Steelers a lot of people in Appleton became Steeler fans. Now that would be turning your back on you team.

Members online

Latest posts