1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

For Jules....

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Bogart, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Currently in my 1995 season of TSB III and I didn't even think about this when I first got the game, but it features Captain Comeback!

I am currently 3-1 with the Comeback kids Colts, and have been working teams over with Mr Captain Comeback himself and Marshall Faulk

[​IMG]

Here is to winning the Super Bowl the Colts came close to reaching in '95! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Thats awesome!!! Oh man, what a team. What an unlikely team. The year I truly got excited about football I think.

Never got closure on the Steelers though, still to this day. It has been a missing piece to me, although last years Packers really helped. They had no choice but to beat Pittsburgh IMO and I would never hear an argument for the Steelers winning for two weeks.

Jim Harbaugh did get revenge I guess on the Steelers this year himself though. ;) He pretty much also kept them from a bye week and a chance to get healthy.

3. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    That's twice Harbaugh has lost a Championship game with some questionable calls in it...That fumble on Bradshaw, the whistle was blown too quick. And there were many, many blown calls in the Steelers game, which is not a shock really, this was probably the first year the refs didn't bail them out.

4. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    This is true. Poor Jim.

As for the Steelers. I think a certain other AFC team might have sucked the calls up this season as we both know.

5. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Even though we all hate Denver and the most overrated quarterback there, I think it's karma hitting the Steelers back. The refs missed many calls and could have easily gave that game to them against the Broncos, but in the end, the Steelers won a Super Bowl they did not deserve off penalties (Seattle) and I didn't lose any sleep over seeing the refs turn against them like that.

Currently in my Tecmo season I am average 32.1 points a game under the Colts. 4-1 after a 49-7 thrashing of the Rams, holding them to just 116 total yards on offense. Marshall Faulk had 142 yards, 2 TD's.

Next I play the Dolphins who also are 4-1, and Marino is currently is the leading passer of the league and they are averaging 350 passing yards a game. Hopefully I can get some picks off him and return them for points.

This Colts team is actually really really good on this game. Marshall Faulk and Harbaugh easily rack up points, and on defense Steve Emtman is a sack monster.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    *sigh* The good old days. Many Colts fans don't even remember that team......the new school Manning kids I mean. That 1995 team was a true TEAM. So much heart too. If the Manning prime teams had half the heart that '95 squad had they would have won more then one SB title.

I would take the 1995 season over any season the Colts had outside of 2006. It was that enjoyable and got me to love football while before that I was more casually into it on the side. I was never a team sport kinda girl. I never played them. I was a ballet dancer and figure skater till I was in my early 20's. I got into watching football young due to my dad but never grew up with brothers or anything. My town is more a basketball town too.