1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

For arguments sake...

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by Cardsmc25, Apr 24, 2010.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    BIG head scratcher. You could understand the Neal pick (though I still think it was a reach). But THIS????

2. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The only pick I've understood so far is Bulaga. Neal over Cody makes 0 sense. A Safety in the third when we need a guy who can PLAY NOW at corner while Harris is recover/in case he doesn't came back? We should've snatched McFadden. Oakland upgraded their secondary with a guy we should have.

3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Morgan Burnett IS a guy that can play now. It wouldn't surprise me to see Burnett thrown in at a nickel spot or something.

4. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Burnett can definitely play now. There are still a few good corners who weren't even drafted. Maybe they are going to take one or two as undrafted FAs. Who knows? Our last 4 picks really frustrated me.

5. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Neal is very VERY athletic, more than Cody. I think this was a good pick. Someone on the inside who can blow by olineman. Raji takes the power boulder route whil Neal comes in in relief and speeds by... I think Neal is a good compliment and he will keep those interior lineman thinking and on their toes.

Maybe he could be a lineback one of these days :crazy:

6. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    I think Neal is destined for 3-4 DE not DT behind raji, we wouldnt have picked someone in the 2nd round and hope they would develop into a backup DT. CJ Wilson will also probably be in the 3-4 DE spot, but theres a chance he will go to OLB.

7. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I am really baffled at the Corner and OLB non-picks. The only thought that runs through my mind is that they think they can handle things in house with the guys we have. I just would have thought we would have at the very least got a guy like A.J. Jefferson.

I will say, that fourth round just gobbled up all the corners. It was a tough round to be sitting and and watching Philly pick four times. Makes me wonder why we didn't try to jump back into the fourth round.

I am no professional picker, but I just don't get it... I'm really disappointed.