For all you Sherman Backers

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't you gettting tired of another Packer team coming out of the gates unprepared and unready to play the game. I mean it's national tv, even though the rest of the contry is probably watching some country and western channel, and we come up and we lay a big old egg once again. That kind of lack of preparation falls right back in the lap of the head coach.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee, how about the fumble by Brett, the whiff by the backer to pick up the blitz late, the offensive line missing blocks, or how about Mr. Big play Ferguson can't make a catch; or, how about the two missread plays by the our middle linebacker? Or how about the forty yard run that Barnett miss on once again. And all of this happening in the first quarter. Or maybe we should talk about the great play call in the fourth quarter having your running back starting 8 yards back on the one yard line. His knowledge of the rules paid off however and I do salute that.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very good point. Hey it's nice to finally get a win, but considering where we are at this point in the season, I'd just as soon had a chance to get Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, Brett fumbling is Mike Sherman's fault, Leach completely whiffing is Mike Sherman's fault, the blocked field goal is Mike Sherman's fault, the poor punts are Mike Sherman's fault, high taxes are Mike Sherman's fault, $50 a barrel oil is Mike Sherman's fault, a $1 trillion deficit is Mike Sherman's fault and winter is Mike Sherman's fault.

I gues neither of you is going to give him credit for bringing the officials' attention to that intentional grounding call which saved this win for us eh?

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Very good point. Hey it's nice to finally get a win, but considering where we are at this point in the season, I'd just as soon had a chance to get Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart.

Yeah, the win feels great.. BUT.. it's almost mixed emotion when you look at the draft position in a lost season. I feel ashamed almost for even feeling that way..lol

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
right, it couldn't have been that he was more aware or knew the rules better than anyone out there.

Listen, I'm no huge fan of Sherman, and I'll be the first to criticize him for something he does that I think is wrong, but I do think he deserves credit when he does things well and I do think he deserves to stay (mostly because I'm not sure there's anyone else out there who's more qualified to replace him).

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sixone..

I agree..the blind squirrel did find a nut...it's not consistent with all the other things that Sherman's done in the past...like trying to call two consecutive time-outs in a row..(Eagles.)

Also..it was a major ******* play call to begin with...running out of a deep I - formation from your own end zone?

I would call that the epitome of STUPID...

But this is the same guy who called a slow developing trap block play on the Eagles 1 yard line during the playoffs a few years ago...so there you have it...

TO...

Calling that stupid, slow developing play from their own endzone..WAS SHERROSSLEY'S FAULT...

(this also shows you the sad state of the receiving corps for the Packers now...there weren't too many people open all night...and also a noticeable lack of firepower (or playmakers) on the offense..led to a very boring, predictable offense.....)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
it was a major ******* play call to begin with...running out of a deep I - formation from your own end zone?

I would call that the epitome of STUPID...
AMEN. AMEN

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still crying after a win. I won't name names but a couple of you Packer "fans" seem miserable when they win. You sure are alot more happy after a loss. HMMMMM

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Leach hadn't whiffed the play would have worked. It had nothing to do with it being a slowly developing run from a deep I formation. Leach missed his block and Gado was dropped for a loss end of story. The play would have worked with proper execution.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding the slow-developing play from the end zone: The main alternative was to punch it up the middle, which would mean that Gado would've been running right into the strength of the Lions defense (Rogers and Wilkinson) which happens to match up with our offense's biggest weakness (the interior O-line). There's a good chance that would've resulted in Flanny getting blown up by Rogers or Wilkinson, leading to a safety, in which case you guys would all be complaining about how Sherman ran the ball right into the strength of the Lions defense. You all would've said, "Why couldn't they have run to the right, where they had been having their biggest success all night?"

Oh, I forgot, I'm sure you guys would've been DELIGHTED if Sherman had called a pass play. Or maybe an end-around? How about a flea flicker? The possibilities are endless when you are one foot beyond your own goal line.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't that also the play that worked for long gains and a touchdown? Except Flanagan did not pull as you don't want to pull anyone that deep and create holes for blitzers.

Running to where Tauscher is blocking can't be that bad a call.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Right, Brett fumbling is Mike Sherman's fault, Leach completely whiffing is Mike Sherman's fault, the blocked field goal is Mike Sherman's fault, the poor punts are Mike Sherman's fault, high taxes are Mike Sherman's fault, $50 a barrel oil is Mike Sherman's fault, a $1 trillion deficit is Mike Sherman's fault and winter is Mike Sherman's fault.

I gues neither of you is going to give him credit for bringing the officials' attention to that intentional grounding call which saved this win for us eh?

1. longwell being uncomfortable this season because of his shaky holder is his fault.

2. Leach being in the game is his fault

3. the poor punts sure are his fault, he drafted sander in the 3rd round. worst draft...ever

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz.....why the downer today? You're from Chicago. Packers won....bears lost. As a Packer fan it doesn't get much better than that does it? Unless........

I know you guys HATE Sherman.....todays not the day to state your case. All bear fans want Sherman gone because they think Favre is tied to that departure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts