For all those who want to replace Favre

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consider John Elway when Denver beat the packer's in that superbowl. If not for Terell Davis the packers would of won that superbowl. Look at the Giants when they won a superbowl with Dilfer. Look at Chicago this year at 10-2 and Grossman is playing real bad. My point you need a whole team to win not just a qb. Look at our defense giving up 22 first downs in the first half and 31 points.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consider John Elway when Denver beat the packer's in that superbowl. If not for Terell Davis the packers would of won that superbowl. Look at the Giants when they won a superbowl with Dilfer. Look at Chicago this year at 10-2 and Grossman is playing real bad. My point you need a whole team to win not just a qb. Look at our defense giving up 22 first downs in the first half and 31 points.
You must be referring to Baltimore.

Dilfer and the Ravens beat the Giants in the Super bowl.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evary one knows that its not all favres fault that the team loses, they beleave that favres accuracy and power are fading.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think the accuracy issue is a confidence issue with Brett. I think the coach needs to throw some plays that build his confidence and he'll be fine.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago hasn't won the Super Bowl yet.

John Elway was playing at a Pro Bowl level yet.

Trent Dilfer was just managing the game and didn't have to do to much.

It's not that Favre is a bad QB or it's his fault. It's he might not be the right QB for this team any longer. This team lives and dies with him and lately it hasn't been pretty.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly, if you think the bears are gonna win it all with evil grossman playing, ur nuts(I still think he could play well like earlier, but..maybe not)

GB would be better off with a game managing type at this point like trent dilfer was for his team.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom that's the one point I can't agree with you on. With our D what chance do we have with a QB who's checking down and thinking of the punt as his friend. Sure we may die when Favre's off but at least we win when he's on. Using you're math
Lousy D+Lousy ST+Conservative QB=30-0 Loss

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never even said a new QB would win us games.

Im sad people miss what im trying to say no matter how much I try to break it down.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I get what you're saying I think we just have a different outlook on it, but I'd even concede that I don't think yours is wrong or right just a different viewpoint. I'll admit, I still come from a place where if I don't see a big improvent elsewhhere my only joy now comes from still watching Brett. But actuall over the last while I am seeing which I believe is your side that if he's not doing anything to help us maybe it's best he moves on.
At least I'm in a better place to debate this now cause it did take a while to accept he's not God anymore and that attitude is where a lot of the arguments start

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Im sad people miss what im trying to say no matter how much I try to break it down.

Face it. You'll always be labeled a Favre-basher on this forum. You can't escape it.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Exactly, if you think the bears are gonna win it all with evil grossman playing, ur nuts(I still think he could play well like earlier, but..maybe not)

GB would be better off with a game managing type at this point like trent dilfer was for his team.

That depends on which Grossman shows up.
Are you talking about the one who is currently stinking up the joint or the one who was torching the league early in the season? He only has to play half that well for them to be able to win it all. Just cut out the turnovers.
If worse comes to worse they have a QB on the bench who has had some sucess in the league and they will not have to turn to a rookie like last season.
The Bears are still 4th in the league in points per game; they have the most dangerous return man in the game and a very good FG kicker.
Their defense has given up the fewest points in the league, lead the league by far with the most take always and are more of a threat to score points themselves than some teams offense.

The Bears are outscoring their opponents by an average of 26.5 to 12.5 points a game so this is far from a team that is just squeaking out wins here.
Grossman does not need to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs for the Bears to win the Super Bowl this year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats the thing, his inconsistent stuff probably wont work in the playoffs. great one game, god awful the next wont work in the playoffs. it might get them to an extra game cuz of the great D\special teams...but not the whole thing.

he needs to slow his role, and work with kyle "i dont do anything except try not to mess up, but even then i usually fail" orton.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you just said they'd be better off with a more conservatiove type QB. So in essence, you basically are saying we would stand a better chance of winning.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats the thing, his inconsistent stuff probably wont work in the playoffs. great one game, god awful the next wont work in the playoffs. it might get them to an extra game cuz of the great D\special teams...but not the whole thing.

he needs to slow his role, and work with kyle "i dont do anything except try not to mess up, but even then i usually fail" orton.

If they run the ball the way that they proved that they can and reel in Grossman from throwing long to Berrian every play they will be fine.
They are 10-2 you know.

By the way, I still say that Kyle Orton has gotten a bad rap. The guy was just a rookie with no real reps in the pre-season and was thrown into a playoff hunt.
He completed more passes than the Super Bowl champs QB last season and only cost them in one game. He even took his benching when Grossman came back like a man and there are some QBs around the league who cannot say the same.

Members online

Latest posts