OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver game of 07?

So one play?

How many games did Gb play in Milwaukee in the last year they were there?

I thought they always played 3 games in Milwaukee, that is why there are "green" and "gold" ticket holders.

What year did the "G" go on the helmets?...any one know who designed it?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does any1 know Chad Clifton's full name? Hint: His first name isn't what you think it is.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
early 60s but I am not sure on the year. I would guess he came up with it in the union hotel where he lived.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
???????????????????
Per Wikipedia:

The oval "G" logo was created in 1961 by Packers equipment manager George "Dad" Braisher. The team actually used a number of different logos prior to 1961, but the "G" is the only logo that has ever appeared on the helmet.[31] Although the Packers have granted limited permission to other organizations to utilize a similar logo, notably the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Bulldogs"]University of Georgia[/ame] and [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grambling_State_Tigers"]Grambling State University[/ame], the Packers hold the trademark for it.[32] Adopted in 1964, the Georgia "G", though different in design and color, was similar to the Packers' "G". Then Georgia head coach [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Dooley"]Vince Dooley[/ame] thought it best to clear the use of Georgia's new emblem with the Packers. However, since its inception in 1961, the Packers' "G" has been redesigned several times and now looks like Georgia's original 1964 "G."[33]

Didn't know it. Had questions about who'd created it first, thought Georgia used it before...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
They were colored blue and gold to mimick notre dame, and changed because they adopted the colors of the Packing company? i think...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Per Wikipedia:

The oval "G" logo was created in 1961 by Packers equipment manager George "Dad" Braisher. The team actually used a number of different logos prior to 1961, but the "G" is the only logo that has ever appeared on the helmet.[31] Although the Packers have granted limited permission to other organizations to utilize a similar logo, notably the University of Georgia and Grambling State University, the Packers hold the trademark for it.[32] Adopted in 1964, the Georgia "G", though different in design and color, was similar to the Packers' "G". Then Georgia head coach Vince Dooley thought it best to clear the use of Georgia's new emblem with the Packers. However, since its inception in 1961, the Packers' "G" has been redesigned several times and now looks like Georgia's original 1964 "G."[33]

Didn't know it. Had questions about who'd created it first, thought Georgia used it before...

I "knew" all that

But he SAID DAD DID as in Dad created the G??????

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now im confused. I said dad did. Didnt dad come up with the G? I say dad because I always forget his full name.

It's my question, and you are correct, "Dad" Brasher came up with the "G"

Now, we all know who the "Minister of Defense" was, everyone knows who the "Golden Boy" was, but how about the nicknames of these former Packers?

The Golden Palomino

Mad Dog

The Virginia Rifle ( he was know by a much better name later, that was his name in college)

The big Oaf

That should keep ya busy for a while...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's my question, and you are correct, "Dad" Brasher came up with the "G"

Now, we all know who the "Minister of Defense" was, everyone knows who the "Golden Boy" was, but how about the nicknames of these former Packers?

The Golden Palomino

Mad Dog

The Virginia Rifle ( he was know by a much better name later, that was his name in college)

The big Oaf

That should keep ya busy for a while...

Golden Palomino= Donny Anderson (NOBODY called him that)
Big Oaf= Gale Gillingham
Mad Dog= Mike Douglass
Virginia Rifle= Don Majkowski (not sure of this)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What Packers were enshrined in the NFL's first Hall of Fame class in 1963?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hubbard, Hutson, Lambeau, McNally--you were right on. We've got 21 altogether, 2nd to the Bears' 26. But our 12 (soon to be 13) Championships will never be equaled.

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who ate the "$1000 hotdog" on the sidelines during a loss to Denver during the 1980 pre-season? (The 1K fine was from then head coach Bart Starr...)

Hey the boy must have been hungry! ( wonder if he washed it down with an ice cold Schlitz...)

Members online