1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Football memorabilia (non packers)

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ivo610, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    We have a section to post your packers stuff so I figured I would post some non packers football stuff. Lets see what everyone else has got too. The Reggie White Panthers jersey, Robert "Dr Doom" Brazile oilers jersey, and badger jersey are all game worn. The rest are game issued.

Attached Files:

2. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +307
    Are you trying to sell these?

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    a couple are up on ebay but no not through here. Anything game worn isnt for sale.

4. robdog

Ratings:
    +307
    I am asking because if this thread is to advertise stuff you have for sale, we need to move it to the classifieds section.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    No thats not my purpose I was just posting some of my nfl collection. Wasnt trying to mislead or upset anyone. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

6. robdog

Ratings:
    +307
    No worries, glad we got it all cleared up. In that case, it is quite a collection!

How long that take you to get to that point?

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    I have been collecting about 5 years. The past year I have gotten into game worn equipment. I dont have that many pieces yet, as I try not to buy anything that I dont know enough about and am 100% its real. I have been lucky enough to get to know several collectors that help me when I have questions on pieces. Hopefully as I build my collection I will be able to become as knowledgeable as some of my friends. And since I am unmarried with no children I am at this point in my life, I can fund my passion with time and money. In 5 years we will see, lol, i might be too busy changing diapers.

Tonight I received 2 new game worn jerseys that I will post in the next couple of days or so.

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Game used Bruce Smith jersey from the 97 season worn in several games and photomatched.

Attached Files:

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Game worn John Lynch Jersey (broncos) photo matched.

Attached Files:

10. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    Can you post some more pictures of your Lebron James jersey?

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Some helmets as well. And Ill post some more pics of the lebron later tonight or tomorrow.

Attached Files:

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    I have the game worn jersey that matches the Brian dawkins signed helmet. Helmet is not game worn. just proline. joe thomas jersey photomatched and has alot of blood on it, and is one of my favorites since he played for UW

Attached Files:

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    A couple more helmets

Attached Files:

14. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339
    Nice IVO.....you have a really awesome collection there. Very cool.

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    I have some signed footballs too, but no need to really post any of those. I am buying a Steve Young game worn and a Leroy Butler game worn in the next couple weeks, I think, so they should be up soon. There is even a packers connection to the Young jersey. but in the mean time, here are some more jerseys and helmets.

Attached Files:

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Non of these are game worn they are just either game issued and signed or just regular jerseys that are signed.

Attached Files:

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    More pictures of the lebron jersey as requested, and a couple other jerseys. not game worn.

Attached Files:

18. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339
    How much money do you have invested in all this stuff? Its a very awesome collection man. Nice job.

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    more non game worn just game issued.

Attached Files:

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    I have been selling off some stuff to slim down the collection and I have been buying more game worn equipment. Unfortunately the Packers havent released much as far as game worn stuff goes since the 90s. I have never seen a Driver, Woodson, Jennings, Rodgers, or Collins equipment up for sale. So I have been stuck buying stuff from other teams. As far as how much I have it all of my stuff I would say somewhere around 20k. Thank you and glad you like it.

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Damn... But that's an incredible collection...

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    The Woodson helmet is not mine, just on loan for two months until i get it signed for a friend. I wonder what chuck will say when he sees it...

The Steve Young is one of my favorites, it was given to Kevin Greene the packers Linebackers coach after his first game with Steve. It was worn week one against the Bucs. The jersey is pictured on the cover of the following weeks Sports Illustrated. I have it photomatched as well. Kevin exchanged the jersey from work from a friend of mine, who sold it to me.

The Drew Brees helmet is the throwback from his chargers days, and has a Certificate of authenticity from the NFL. I was fortunate to get a helmet of a SB MVP at a "reasonable" price.

I should have two more game worn jerseys coming and after that I will not be buying anything else for awhile. Need to save up for a couple big purchases later this year.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  23. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Man, your collection is FANTASTIC. Seriously, that's some dedication right there.

I have a small wall in my house with I have autographs on etc. Most notable ones are Sir Ian McKellen's autograph, Christian Bale's autograph, Ric Flair's autograph (I was/am a wrestling geek), all of the members in Iron Maiden autographs, and ditto for Linkin Park). Oh I have a signed Children of Bodom vinyl too (not sure if anyone here would know them?)

On my other wall, I have some signed stuff from players of my local soccer team, Liverpool F.C. I have a signed Steven Gerrard picture from when we won the Champions League in 05. Signed Jamie Carragher picture, signed Fernando Torres picture and a signed Dietmar Hamman picture. Also have a Liverpool F.C jersey signed by the whole squad above my bed.

I don't know if anybody knows much about Liverpool F.C or UK soccer, but yeah haha

24. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    You should post some pictures of your stuff. And thank you.

I went to the same high school as Ric Flair, woooooooo! I was a big wrestling fan growing up but not as much these days. I pay attention to the big picture but dont watch every week. I had MVP stop me about 1 yr and a half ago in the middle of times square to compliment me on my suit, it was the most random celeb encounter I have ever had. Do you attend events when they are across the pond?

25. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I'll take some pictures in the week and get them up :)

Haha, that's so cool about Ric Flair!

I stopped watching wrestling for a while, but got back into it :)

Haha, that's sweet about MVP too! Very random indeed! But great none the less.

I went to see the TNA Wrestling a month or two ago, when it was over here, but I haven't been to a live WWE/F event since the first ever No Mercy, which was a fair few years ago now! Maybe even as many as 10!