Flynn showed yesterday why he is only backup QB material

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Sure, fire McCarthy or Clements or McAdoo because they can’t make Flynn’s arm stronger or because he doesn’t go through progressions. I’m sure they’re teaching him to zero in on one receiver. And one of them should have told Flynn if someone is wide open in the EZ, throw it to him instead of a covered receiver.

BTW on the pick 6 Larry McCarren said it was a running play on which the QB has the option to throw that pass. If you look at a replay, the OL is blocking for a run, not pass. Quarless took the wrong route to lead block on the play. But according to McCarren, there wasn’t an audible missed. The fumble and missing Jordy in the EZ were on Flynn, but not the pick 6 IMO.

I hope both Flynn and Tolzien are in TC next year but IMO Tolzien has the potential to be the better backup QB because his arm is significantly stronger. His ability to hit the longer throws accurately stretches the field and opens up the intermediate passing and running games. IMO his mechanics lack the fine tuning an off season would provide and of course he lacks the familiarity with the offense Flynn has. But he’s smart and dedicated and he’s signed for next season for $645K. “One thing Tolzien hasn't done is mope. "No!" McCarthy exclaimed. "The guy goes forever after practice. Tremendous, tremendous work ethic. I love his mind. We have some things we can help him with." http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...t-tolzien-a-packer-b99163157z1-235832321.html
Coaches are responsible for developing strengths and overcoming weakness in players thats why you have coaching,or after school help..mistakes in theory are suppose to be addressed and eliminated through practice up close (coaching) if a player does the same thing over and over and over again after countless dress rehearsals (coaching)and is still allowed to start (see offensive line)and a coach blathers about how he is still confident in him, and the player still goes out and does the same thing over again and not changing his routine (Lemons) who is to blame? we know the player is easy, but the game plan comes from the (coaches)…..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On radio today a Josh Hayes from 95.3 Appleton was on 540 AM Milwaukee with afternoon hosts..

I wasnt really listening to much was just on the radio in the car..But they were talking about the Bears Josh Mccown----

Then Wham------------He said it

He compared Josh to Wallace...Said if you took the stats from both q.b before this year and didnt have names attached to the stats, you couldnt tell who was who..And that he wished Wallace had a real chance at playing..

He blamed only have 4 snaps in practice as part of the reason he didnt look good in the Bears game..

Some one else said EXACTLY what I have been saying all along..The host on 540 Am agreed with that train of thought..

And yet I get ridiculed for it...

So Josh if your reading, you could have given credit to our forum :)

We have had our forum mentioned in the papers before...It was right before the Pack Steeler SB, some sports reporter took posts of ours and re printed them..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
rodell330 said:
Wow people, really? Flynn is a major reason why the Packers are still thinking playoffs.

Actually, the Eagles and Giants are the ONLY reasons we are still thinking playoffs today.

True....If Detroit was really good, the division would been gone long time ago

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
On radio today a Josh Hayes from 95.3 Appleton was on 540 AM Milwaukee with afternoon hosts..

I wasnt really listening to much was just on the radio in the car..But they were talking about the Bears Josh Mccown----

Then Wham------------He said it

He compared Josh to Wallace...Said if you took the stats from both q.b before this year and didnt have names attached to the stats, you couldnt tell who was who..And that he wished Wallace had a real chance at playing..

He blamed only have 4 snaps in practice as part of the reason he didnt look good in the Bears game..

Some one else said EXACTLY what I have been saying all along..The host on 540 Am agreed with that train of thought..

And yet I get ridiculed for it...

So Josh if your reading, you could have given credit to our forum :)

We have had our forum mentioned in the papers before...It was right before the Pack Steeler SB, some sports reporter took posts of ours and re printed them..
I would not be surprised, even politicians read our forum…..

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Our defense only gave up 24 points by their own fault. Flynn gave them 7 points by throwing up one of the worst ducks of a pass I've seen in a long time. They got 7 more points because Flynn fumbled and put us in a situation where we had to let them score so we could have a chance at overtime -- a strategy that would have worked if he had not missed a wide open Jordy Nelson on the final play. Flynn certainly DID have a major hand in this loss.
Could not agree more with Jesus….

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would not be surprised, even politicians read our forum…..

No, I know..

I did say so josh if your reading give us credit...

We had a reporter use actual quotes from our forum, but didnt give us credit..I had to email him to tell him to give the forum credit

So I know there are "famous" people reading all sorts of forums.

I used to help MOD Brett's forum and we had Packer players reading it along with Brett from time to time...He would even reply to posts..

but most of the time, the real admin of the forum posted for Brett under Bretts log in..

I know as I would check the ip of "Brett's" posts and would be the same as the admin.

Brett was in GB or Mississippi..And the admin was in Madison area

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn reminds me of Doug Pederson, a back-up to Favre in the '90's who was thought to be starting material elsewhere for awhile. He went to Philly with Andy Reid but was promptly beaten out by rookie Donovan McNabb. I believe he tried out for one or two other clubs as well with no better results before coming back to Green Bay and was a serviceable back-up again in the early 2000's.

I can understand guys wanting a chance to start in the NFL and getting a big payday to do it but some, like Flynn and Pederson, seem to be just born to be decent back-ups. They can still get paid a lot more than the average joe and still be good at their role. They just need to accept that fact and stay in the place where they really belong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts