Flynn showed yesterday why he is only backup QB material

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the kid, think he deserves to be our long-term backup, and although he has showcased two weeks in a row why he may be a good starting QB, when things really mattered he ultimately let the team down on the last play.

Blame the coaching all you want on that strange call to run the ball when the false start happened, but when the referee CLEARLY stays "Clock will wind on my whistle", there is no place for a QB to be taking his time at the snap. We easily get two plays in if Flynn takes charge and snaps the ball quickly, something I'm 100% sure Rodgers would have handled better.

Why does it matter now? Because next week is going to be a brutal, down-to-the-wire game and while some insist Rodgers would be a risk and rusty ala Jay Cutler against the Eagles, I think he's still our best option over Flynn who has been pretty good these past weeks. We need that guy that's going to deliver when it matters most. Not to mention with Lacy and Matthews likely out, we need Aaron to step up. My two cents.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not every QB is perfect and they are human and make mistakes just like the rest of us.
If the defense had played better and we didn't get those penalties during crucial times, we could have won.
Don't pin it all on Flynn. This is a team sport and others deserve or need to share the blame as well.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the outcome of the game is always a team effort, but the deciding play in this particular scenario falls squarely on Flynn. The QB is the commander of the offense and needs to take charge. With 10 seconds left you scream "HIKE THE DAMN BALL" or whatever, and you make some magic happen. In fact I would have probably even liked to see him spike the ball to give them an opportunity to re-group and think about their last play.

My point is Rodgers is more trustworthy than Flynn when it comes to crucial must-have situations like that, and in playoff games like next week will be I'd rather have him at the helm.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Love the kid, think he deserves to be our long-term backup, and although he has showcased two weeks in a row why he may be a good starting QB, when things really mattered he ultimately let the team down on the last play.

Blame the coaching all you want on that strange call to run the ball when the false start happened, but when the referee CLEARLY stays "Clock will wind on my whistle", there is no place for a QB to be taking his time at the snap. We easily get two plays in if Flynn takes charge and snaps the ball quickly, something I'm 100% sure Rodgers would have handled better.

Why does it matter now? Because next week is going to be a brutal, down-to-the-wire game and while some insist Rodgers would be a risk and rusty ala Jay Cutler against the Eagles, I think he's still our best option over Flynn who has been pretty good these past weeks. We need that guy that's going to deliver when it matters most. Not to mention with Lacy and Matthews likely out, we need Aaron to step up. My two cents.

Is a broken collarbone something different in the U.S.A. or something ? The doctor has said he isn`t fit, does the doctor really work undercover for the Bears or something ?
Why would we risk possibly a career ending injury so we can be sure of getting to the playoffs, where some in form team can wipe the floor with our injury riddled team ? I`m not trying to disrespect you or anybody in particular here but some people seem to think there is some kind of conspiracy or something going on. CM3 was an example of returning too soon, and what was a simple broken thumb will now require surgery, and we all know how THAT can work out.
Flynn did the best he could with the tools he had, and with the plays he was given. My two cents worth

I

[/quote]
My point is Rodgers is more trustworthy than Flynn when it comes to crucial must-have situations like that, and in playoff games like next week will be I'd rather have him at the helm.[/quote]

Of course he is, thats why he`s our starting QB. When he`s fit

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is a broken collarbone something different in the U.S.A. or something ? The doctor has said he isn`t fit, does the doctor really work undercover for the Bears or something ?
Why would we risk possibly a career ending injury so we can be sure of getting to the playoffs, where some in form team can wipe the floor with our injury riddled team ? I`m not trying to disrespect you or anybody in particular here but some people seem to think there is some kind of conspiracy or something going on. CM3 was an example of returning too soon, and what was a simple broken thumb will now require surgery, and we all know how THAT can work out.
Flynn did the best he could with the tools he had, and with the plays he was given. My two cents worth

Unless I missed something the initial report was a minor fracture that would require 6-8 weeks to heal, and we're closing in on that 8 week timeline. Also reports keep saying he's no at 100% but he's zipping the ball pretty accurately, which tells me that most of this is precautionary. He can play, but erring on the side of caution for now. After 8 weeks I don't see how a minor fracture equates to taking a big hit leading to anything career-ending. Pretty sure Charle's Woodson suffered a more severe break of the same injury and played the following year.

I

Unless I missed something the initial report was a minor fracture that would require 6-8 weeks to heal, and we're closing in on that 8 week timeline. Also reports keep saying he's no at 100% but he's zipping the ball pretty accurately, which tells me that most of this is precautionary. He can play, but erring on the side of caution for now. After 8 weeks I don't see how a minor fracture equates to taking a big hit leading to anything career-ending. Pretty sure Charle's Woodson suffered a more severe break of the same injury and played the following year.
The starting Quarterback is a bit more important to the team than a secondary team player. Sorry, we`d have to agree to disagree here but, I SERIOUSLY think a doctor would not say he wasn`t fully fit if he actually was.
The Bears would target him from the word go, and we know some of them would happily take the fine and ejection from the game to re-injure him. This game is that important.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The starting Quarterback is a bit more important to the team than a secondary team player. Sorry, we`d have to agree to disagree here but, I SERIOUSLY think a doctor would not say he wasn`t fully fit if he actually was.
The Bears would target him from the word go, and we know some of them would happily take the fine and ejection from the game to re-injure him. This game is that important.

And that might be the case, but why is everything being so shady right now? To me every week seems like there's a good chance of a green light since he's continually re-evaluated. If he was seriously not close, why don't the team doctors just come out and say he's done? I think that's what is frustrating me more than anything.

I

And that might be the case, but why is everything being so shady right now? To me every week seems like there's a good chance of a green light since he's continually re-evaluated. If he was seriously not close, why don't the team doctors just come out and say he's done? I think that's what is frustrating me more than anything.
And I respect your opinion on that, maybe they have a good reason to keep their cards close to their chest.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score

Pardon me but ********!!! Matt Flynn didn't lose that game! We put up 31 points! That should have been enough but for our awful defense!!! Capers must go!!! We can't stop anybody!! Win or lose next Sunday it will be because of our crappy defense! We would have lost that game no matter who the QB was!!!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Blame the coaching all you want on that strange call to run the ball when the false start happened, but when the referee CLEARLY stays "Clock will wind on my whistle", there is no place for a QB to be taking his time at the snap. We easily get two plays in if Flynn takes charge and snaps the ball quickly,

They had two plays called...The ref wouldnt allow EDS snap the ball..Wasnt Flynn's fault

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After 8 weeks I don't see how a minor fracture equates to taking a big hit leading to anything career-ending. Pretty sure Charle's Woodson suffered a more severe break of the same injury and played the following year.
Displaced fractures actually have a tendency to heal faster because more blood supply is directed to the fracture site to promote healing. Cracks can take longer to heal because that infux of blood to the area doesn't really happen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn zeros in on 1 WR. He always has. He doesn't go through the progressions.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pardon me but ********!!! Matt Flynn didn't lose that game! We put up 31 points! That should have been enough but for our awful defense!!!

Our defense only gave up 24 points by their own fault. Flynn gave them 7 points by throwing up one of the worst ducks of a pass I've seen in a long time. They got 7 more points because Flynn fumbled and put us in a situation where we had to let them score so we could have a chance at overtime -- a strategy that would have worked if he had not missed a wide open Jordy Nelson on the final play. Flynn certainly DID have a major hand in this loss.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

This isnt a minor fracture...Why do people think they know how bad, or not so bad Rodgers injury is? No offense, but unless people have real connections, no one knows whats up with it

Clavicle fractures in children (younger than 8 years old) may heal in four or five weeks, and clavicle fractures in adolescents may take 6 to 8 weeks. However, fractures in adults or teenagers who have stopped growing take 10-12 weeks to heal and may take longer. Most clavicle fractures will heal completely by four months in an adult.

Woodson was out 10 weeks with his break...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Our defense only gave up 24 points by their own fault. Flynn gave them 7 points by throwing up one of the worst ducks of a pass I've seen in a long time. They got 7 more points because Flynn fumbled and put us in a situation where we had to let them score so we could have a chance at overtime. Flynn certainly DID have a major hand in this loss.

Heard that was a run and Flynn checked out of it and Quarless didnt hear the call..

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson was open on the final throw. Flynn locked on Boydkin. Fumble was all on Flynn but Quarless affected throw on int.

D

Deleted member 6794

Nelson was open on the final throw. Flynn locked on Boydkin. Fumble was all on Flynn but Quarless affected throw on int.

It's true Quarless affected Flynn on the interception, but it seems like Flynn opted out of a run play but only told the targeted receiver about it.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I will get beat up for this but, it's Flynn from here on. it's up to the COACH to get this guy prepared!! prepared!! if not they can't be much use as a coach(s) and should be replaced,I have myself a broken collar bone with 5 screws and even today is still a problem, and I do not have 300 pounders landing on me, besides A-rod never has a come back game win when down by 20+pts,(let the beating begin)…….

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will get beat up for this but, it's Flynn from here on. it's up to the COACH to get this guy prepared!! prepared!! if not they can't be much use as a coach(s) and should be replaced,I have myself a broken collar bone with 5 screws and even today is still a problem, and I do not have 300 pounders landing on me, besides A-rod never has a come back game win when down by 20+pts,(let the beating begin)…….
I'm going to second you, Flynn doesn't deserve to be criticized for his 4th quarter play, and as much as it'll hurt to hear these numbers, Flynn has three 4th quarter comebacks in less than 10 career starts while Rodgers has five in six years as a starter. Not taking anything away from Rodgers, there are many reasons for those numbers that don't involve him but my point is that Flynn has been very solid in the 4th, overall.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to second you, Flynn doesn't deserve to be criticized for his 4th quarter play, and as much as it'll hurt to hear these numbers, Flynn has three 4th quarter comebacks in less than 10 career starts while Rodgers has five in six years as a starter. Not taking anything away from Rodgers, there are many reasons for those numbers that don't involve him but my point is that Flynn has been very solid in the 4th, overall.

Could it be Flynn doesnt do good in 1st half (Dallas, Falcon games) that makes him HAVE to get a 4th q comeback?

And maybe Rodgers is winning at half time, 3rd q and no need to have a comeback?

Someone find the score of the Packers with Rodgers going into the 4th q

Members online

Latest posts