Fleener?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colts just gave TE Dwayne Allen a 4 year 30 million dollar deal. Giving speculation Fleener probabally wont be signed...

Fleener 54 catches last year. Would be a good addition IMO.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fleener would for sure add much needed athleticism to the tight end position. I would prefer Ladarius Green over him though.

D

Deleted member 6794

The other forums point to what Allen and have already written off UFA TEs.

Yeah, I was shocked as well after seeing that the Colts signed Allen to a four-year, $29.4 million contract after he had 16 catches last season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This one is really a head scratcher to me. The Colts must really see some potential in Allen to pay him that much. 4 year career 91 receptions and 1045 yards. I had to double check these numbers when I saw the signing amount. Is there something special about Allen? Phenomenal blocker?

Ladarius Green must be waking up smiling!

D

Deleted member 6794

This one is really a head scratcher to me. The Colts must really see some potential in Allen to pay him that much. 4 year career 91 receptions and 1045 yards. I had to double check these numbers when I saw the signing amount. Is there something special about Allen? Phenomenal blocker?

Ladarius Green must be waking up smiling!

Allen is a decent but not great pass blocker but struggles mightily as a run blocker. This deal is a real head scratcher.

BTW Greg Olsen seems to agree with us:

https://twitter.com/gregolsen88/status/707193462408531970

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I know we were talking about Crosby being overpaid to stay, but this Allen deal looks even worse on the surface. Prior to last year Allen had a nice yards/catch average and 8 TD's in 2014, but beyond that his numbers look pedestrian at best. I fully admit to never have seen the guy play, so I'm going only based on stats and how they stack up against other TE's. It will be interesting to see how this effects the FA TE market, but........"Hello Hunter Henry!"

D

Deleted member 6794

I know we were talking about Crosby being overpaid to stay, but this Allen deal looks even worse on the surface. Prior to last year Allen had a nice yards/catch average and 8 TD's in 2014, but beyond that his numbers look pedestrian at best. I fully admit to never have seen the guy play, so I'm going only based on stats and how they stack up against other TE's. It will be interesting to see how this effects the FA TE market, but........"Hello Hunter Henry!"

It's really tough to understand why the Colts decided to significantly overpay for Allen instead of keeping Fleener. If that deal sets the market for free agents at the position there's no way Thompson will or should sign any of the top guys available.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe someday $7.35 M/year for a TE like Allen may look like a bargain, but not today. The $739K we are paying RR looks like a steal all of a sudden LOL

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe someday $7.35 M/year for a TE like Allen may look like a bargain, but not today. The $739K we are paying RR looks like a steal all of a sudden LOL

Well, the salary cap would have to increase to a number way higher than it is now for that deal to ever look like a bargain.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really tough to understand why the Colts decided to significantly overpay for Allen instead of keeping Fleener. If that deal sets the market for free agents at the position there's no way Thompson will or should sign any of the top guys available.
unfortunately. I have to agree. But hopeful we can get one who wants a MVP calliber QB throwing him the ball. Takes a fair deal to do so...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is just a real downer to open up the FA signing period with a deal like this in a position where I was truly hopeful of an upgrade coming via a FA. Not giving up hope, but looking ahead to an even more important position....ILB. Let's just hope someone doesn't set that bar too high right out of the gate.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colts just gave TE Dwayne Allen a 4 year 30 million dollar deal. Giving speculation Fleener probabally wont be signed...

Fleener 54 catches last year. Would be a good addition IMO.

If you can get him at the right price, I think he'd be a good fit for the Pack. He's no Antonio Gates, but he can move the chains and would be a nice option on third downs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Their success at QB has led to some to overlook some atrocious personnel decisions in indy.

P

proudsoftballdad

Fleener looks like a TE and can definitely stretch the seam but his hands can also betray him all to often ,would have to get him cheap

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green signed with the steelers for 4 yrs 20 mil that would just been fine and dandy!! Ugh there is no one I want now lol hopefully Martelus Bennett gets cut other than that we may be screwed for another yr hopefully we resign Starks Dolphins are interested in him

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Green signed with the steelers for 4 yrs 20 mil that would just been fine and dandy!! Ugh there is no one I want now lol hopefully Martelus Bennett gets cut other than that we may be screwed for another yr hopefully we resign Starks Dolphins are interested in him

Zach Miller is still out there. He was seeking $5M/year from the Bears.

I think Green was the steal of the TE FA's and now almost think that you ride it out with RR and hope to draft a faster TE. While Miller wouldn't be a terrible signing (at the right price), I would rather see an ILB FA signed. Although those are fewer as well.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say go after Henry maybe but ride it out and see who produces draft a mlb or just stick with bpa it's all good yeah it's frustrating as fans but I mean come on our team is good yr in yr out we gotta stop hating and just ride it out we will be just fine we should be focused on Reggie Ragland he is a monster

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We always get our hopes up to get let down yr in yr out let them do there thing lol in Ted we trust! Haha

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not so convinced anymore that Hunter Henry is our long term solution at TE. If TT doesn't find an ILB in the FA market, I would rather see the #1 pick address that and a #2 or #3 find our future (2017) TE.

I remember last year when we lost both Williams and House in the FA market and mass panic of signing a FA CB went across Packerland. TT was able to address the problem in the draft.

Letting both Williams and House walk in Free Agency, in hindsight, looks like one of those good quiet after the fact moves that TT makes, that nobody really remembers.

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I have been saying long before randy moss son Thaddeus moss!! Couple yrs or next yr whatever he is lol he is gonna be good just because lol theory for thought

Members online

Latest posts