Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: [FLASHBACK] Packers sign Thompson to five-year deal as G

porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
Add the fact that Marvel Underwood will be the top backup at safety in the coming years and Montgomery as the backup DE. Hawkins as a Dime Back. Yes that Class is very promising.

I thought Roman would be the top back up. Collins, Manuel for starters and Roman and Underwood as backups with Romam obviously being the top.

Guess I'm curious as to how its fact and where it was printed or acknowledged.

I would have to agree that our Draft class is pretty decent. Last year and I think this year is going to be good as well.

I did put coming years for Underwood. Roman isn't going too be here probably after this year and I believe I also read (someone posted it on this board) that if GB feels strong about Underwood as the top backup, they'd release Roman.

Ahh I see. I've been looking for roster/depth charts and haven't found anything worth a hoot and thought maybe you had one lol...
I didn't like Underwood when he had to replace Collins in the Lions game. It seemed like once Collins was out an he was in they had a passing game.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
Collins....that's it. If Coston was the answer we wouldn't have gone after Colledge AND Spitz, who apparently have the inside track at the starting positions. Poppinga is a special teams player if he stays healthy, borderline starter at best. We drafted two lb's in the first 3 rounds and went after Ben Taylor. Rodgers hasn't shown anything YET and Gado isn't even a member of that draft class. Underwood, Montgomery and Hawkins have shown nothing so far. Just because someone says they looked great at camp, last season means nothing. I think Murphy's injury really hurt this draft but it is what it is. If we could only get one starter out of that class in a year that I could've started I don't think you can call it very successful. Of the five you mentioned as starters only 1 will start this season.

I didn't mention camp at all. The fact that this team had 14 or so rookies on the roster is a statement to the teams scouting department. More than any other team a year ago.

The only real bust of the draft is Terrance Murphy because of the injury and Craig Bragg.

Coston did start the year in mini camp as the starter. At worse he's the top backup guard. That's a quality player for a 5th round pick.

Gado was a rookie last as was Roy Manning. They're a part of the 2005 Draft Class.

Ben Taylor signed a one year deal. Abdul Hodge is mainly a Inside LB so unless they decide to move Barnett to SLB, Poppinga will be in the run for starting SLB in the future. Once again he'll be a top backup. Good quality for a 4th or 5th rounder. I personally agree that he’ll be a top backup. Like stated good quality pickup in round 4 or 5.

Hawkins as a 6th round pick made the team which for one is a start. 2. He's probably going to be the 4th CB this season and possibly the nickel in he future. For a 6th round pick that's quality.

Montgomery is going to be the top backup DE this year. For a 6th or 7th rounder that's quality again.

Rodgers is the difference in average to great.

Just because the draft class didn't produce 12 out of 12 starters and didn't produce the next "Tom Brady at their position" doesn't mean it's a bad class. You usually use the 1st day picks on starters and the 2nd day picks on projects and quality depth players. That's exactly how things are falling into place with last years class after one year. Now they very well could just bomb out. That is possible.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
DePack said:
Collins....that's it. If Coston was the answer we wouldn't have gone after Colledge AND Spitz, who apparently have the inside track at the starting positions. Poppinga is a special teams player if he stays healthy, borderline starter at best. We drafted two lb's in the first 3 rounds and went after Ben Taylor. Rodgers hasn't shown anything YET and Gado isn't even a member of that draft class. Underwood, Montgomery and Hawkins have shown nothing so far. Just because someone says they looked great at camp, last season means nothing. I think Murphy's injury really hurt this draft but it is what it is. If we could only get one starter out of that class in a year that I could've started I don't think you can call it very successful. Of the five you mentioned as starters only 1 will start this season.

I didn't mention camp at all. The fact that this team had 14 or so rookies on the roster is a statement to the teams scouting department. More than any other team a year ago.

The only real bust of the draft is Terrance Murphy because of the injury and Craig Bragg.

Coston did start the year in mini camp as the starter. At worse he's the top backup guard. That's a quality player for a 5th round pick.

Gado was a rookie last as was Roy Manning. They're a part of the 2005 Draft Class.

Ben Taylor signed a one year deal. Abdul Hodge is mainly a Inside LB so unless they decide to move Barnett to SLB, Poppinga will be in the run for starting SLB in the future. Once again he'll be a top backup. Good quality for a 4th or 5th rounder. I personally agree that he’ll be a top backup. Like stated good quality pickup in round 4 or 5.

Hawkins as a 6th round pick made the team which for one is a start. 2. He's probably going to be the 4th CB this season and possibly the nickel in he future. For a 6th round pick that's quality.

Montgomery is going to be the top backup DE this year. For a 6th or 7th rounder that's quality again.

Just because the draft class didn't produce 12 out of 12 starters and didn't produce the next "Tom Brady at their position" doesn't mean it's a bad class. You usually use the 1st day picks on starters and the 2nd day picks on projects and quality depth players. That's exactly how things are falling into place with last years class after one year. Now they very well could just bomb out. That is possible.

It's still one damn starter for chrissakes. On a 4-12 team you better do better than that if you're gonna call it a successful draft.....give it up. Just because you make your post unnecessarily long doesn't mean they are right. For instance GADO and MANNING ARE NOT PART OF THE 2005 DRAFT CLASS......no matter how many times you say it.

You believe TT's crap don't stink. I don't. Let's just leave it at that.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

DePack said:
Well, that would be false. Everyones crap surely does stink.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:

It's still one damn starter for chrissakes. On a 4-12 team you better do better than that if you're gonna call it a successful draft.....give it up. Just because you make your post unnecessarily long doesn't mean they are right. For instance GADO and MANNING ARE NOT PART OF THE 2005 DRAFT CLASS......no matter how many times you say it.

Judging from how you reacted you have nothing else informative to say. Instead of whining about how long the post is and whining about zero saying good post (by the way thanks Zero) why don't you provide info other than he's not starting as a rookie so he's not good. :roll:

Manning and Gado could've been Drafted in 2005. They entered for the Draft and worked out for the Draft. They were on some teams draft boards. They were apart of the 2005 Draft hence they were rookies a year ago. They're apart of the 2005 Draft Class. They had every bit of a chance at getting drafted as Mike Hawkins and Michael Montgomery did. They were undrafted free agents from the 2005 Draft Class.

By the way settle down and don't take disagreements so Personal

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Yeah, and Sherman's stunk so bad his 1/4 of his roster had to be replaced by rookies and undrafted free agents.

Can July 28th get here fast enough!!!!!!!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Yeah, and Sherman's stunk so bad his 1/4 of his roster had to be replaced by rookies and undrafted free agents.

But only one starter? That's the point Dak.....Sherman's players sucked so bad but TT could only find one starter in the draft? That's all I've said. You guys wanna suck off TT so bad to turn it into TT vs. Sherman go at it.

Porky...if you can't admit that Gado and Manning were not part of the Green Bay Packers draft class of 2005, you have no credibility at all. Everybody reading this thread has to be laughing their **** off at you.

Just saying the 2005 draft class looks very promising doesn't make it so.

One starter on a 4-12 team. Even YOU, with your lack of football knowledge, could throw darts at a draft board and do better.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

But only one starter? That's the point Dak.....Sherman's players sucked so bad but TT could only find one starter in the draft? That's all I've said. You guys wanna suck off TT so bad to turn it into TT vs. Sherman go at it.

Porky...if you can't admit that Gado and Manning were not part of the Green Bay Packers draft class of 2005, you have no credibility at all. Everybody reading this thread has to be laughing their **** off at you.

One starter on a 4-12 team. Even YOU, with your lack of football knowledge, could throw darts at a draft board and do better.

Wow do you enjoy typing with fury. You take this stuff too personal.

Gado and Manning were apart of the Draft Class of 2005 which goes from the #1 pick to the last undrafted Free Agent signed. Gado and Manning were undrafted Free Agents. It's as simple as that.

As for my lack of football knowledge?

Since I've made my post in which I disputed all of your statements with facts about 4th and 5th rounder not expected to start as rookies, all you've responded with is potty humor towards anyone who decides to defend TT against your comments (mainly towards me). :roll:

Latest Example:

That's all I've said. You guys wanna suck off TT so bad to turn it into TT vs. Sherman go at it.

So your stalling technique hasn't work and it’s been exposed.

Once again like I stated trace yourself back. Read the post and bring some football related Reponses and then maybe some will take you seriously.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
DePack said:
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Wow do you enjoy typing with fury. You take this stuff too personal.

Gado and Manning were apart of the Draft Class of 2005 which goes from the #1 pick to the last undrafted Free Agent signed. Gado and Manning were undrafted Free Agents. It's as simple as that.

As for my lack of football knowledge?

Since I've made my post in which I disputed all of your statements with facts about 4th and 5th rounder not expected to start as rookies, all you've responded with is potty humor towards anyone who decides to defend TT against your comments (mainly towards me). :roll:

Latest Example:

That's all I've said. You guys wanna suck off TT so bad to turn it into TT vs. Sherman go at it.

So your stalling technique hasn't work and it’s been exposed.

Once again like I stated trace yourself back. Read the post and bring some football related Reponses and then maybe some will take you seriously.

Damn you're an idiot. Do you know what DRAFT means?

I'm done with this. You aren't a good enough adversary for me. Your debating skills suck. Work on it and come back if you want to take on the bigboys of the forum, son!!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He shall be my protege. Give me a couple weeks with him, Depack.

I'm mickey and hes my Rocky!

jk..lol...so bored...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:
www.dictonary.com[/url] works)

And this is what we get...

A set, collection, group, or configuration containing members regarded as having certain attributes or traits in common; a kind or category.

SamKon Gado and Roy Manning were apart of the 2005 Rookie Class. They were in the draft, they just didn't get drafted. They had every bit of a shot of getting drafted as the next guy. They were in that group of members that had certain attributes or traits in common. Football being that main trait.

This has been a public service announcement by packer forum member Porky88. If your not down with that we've got two words for you..... Wrestling fans will know them, ehh I think I might of went a little korny with the announcement but hey at least I managed one football paragraph That's more than some. :p

AllaboutdaPackers this is where you close the topic. You might want to wait for DePack to respond so he can feel much better about himself by making sentences like this...

Damn you're an idiot.
You guys wanna suck off TT so bad to turn it into TT vs. Sherman go at it.

That maturity level of the quotes above are that off a 13 year old. I bet I can guess his response.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:
DakotaT said:

A set, collection, group, or configuration containing members regarded as having certain attributes or traits in common; a kind or category.

SamKon Gado and Roy Manning were apart of the 2005 Rookie Class. They were in the draft, they just didn't get drafted. They had every bit of a shot of getting drafted as the next guy. They were in that group of members that had certain attributes or traits in common. Football being that main trait.

This has been a public service announcement by packer forum member Porky88. If your not down with that we've got two words for you..... Wrestling fans will know them, ehh I think I might of went a little korny with the announcement but hey at least I managed one football paragraph That's more than some. P

AllaboutdaPackers this is where you close the topic. You might want to wait for DePack to respond so he can feel much better about himself by making sentences like this...

Damn you're an idiot.

That maturity level of the quotes above are that off a 13 year old. I bet I can guess his response.[/quote:1p4j0qfa]Since I've been lumped into this argument, I must respond. I don't like to be accused of sucking off TT and I find comments like that very inappropriate. Depack, call TT or any player or coach anything you want, but when you say things like the three examples Porky listed to the members of this forum, you cross a line. Take the high or low road here Depack.

I approve of what TT is doing so far and that's it. I couldn't stand the Sherminator anymore, and I won't apologize for it. In my opinion, TT is ten times the GM Sherman is. He walked into a delapitated football team, made his assessments, came up with a strategy, and is following it. Sorry boys, but TT addressed the Defense, maybe because Sherman let it erode to the point of laughability. Yeah the O-line is a huge question mark, and we will all have to watch the youngsters grow. In the end, we are going to have a very good football team.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:
DakotaT said:

This has been a public service announcement by packer forum member Porky88. If your not down with that we've got two words for you..... Wrestling fans will know them, ehh I think I might of went a little korny with the announcement but hey at least I managed one football paragraph That's more than some. :p

Damn you're an idiot.

That maturity level of the quotes above are that off a 13 year old. I bet I can guess his response.[/quote:3edm3nvo]

Now look up draft!

BTW, pickles....errr porky are you talking about yourself in the third person?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DakotaT said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:

This has been a public service announcement by packer forum member Porky88. If your not down with that we've got two words for you..... Wrestling fans will know them, ehh I think I might of went a little korny with the announcement but hey at least I managed one football paragraph That's more than some. P

Damn you're an idiot.

That maturity level of the quotes above are that off a 13 year old. I bet I can guess his response.[/quote:34izrg60]Since I've been lumped into this argument, I must respond. I don't like to be accused of sucking off TT and I find comments like that very inappropriate. Depack, call TT or any player or coach anything you want, but when you say things like the three examples Porky listed to the members of this forum, you cross a line. Take the high or low road here Depack.

I approve of what TT is doing so far and that's it. I couldn't stand the Sherminator anymore, and I won't apologize for it. In my opinion, TT is ten times the GM Sherman is. He walked into a delapitated football team, made his assessments, came up with a strategy, and is following it. Sorry boys, but TT addressed the Defense, maybe because Sherman let it erode to the point of laughability. Yeah the O-line is a huge question mark, and we will all have to watch the youngsters grow. In the end, we are going to have a very good football team.[/quote:34izrg60]

Dakota.....grow some skin!

Go back and look at my original argument. I don't think the DRAFT class of 2005 was "very promising". That's all. It p1ssed off porky to the point of Bill Clintonlike defense just because I disagreed.

I never said TT was doing a bad job. I love what this years DRAFT class looks like so far. You are the one that turned it into a TT vs. Sherman thing so you may not wanna suck off TT but judging by your posts you certainly wanna lick him :lol:

There, does that feel better?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
DakotaT said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:
porky88 said:

Damn you're an idiot.

That maturity level of the quotes above are that off a 13 year old. I bet I can guess his response.[/quote:2ep7sql4]Since I've been lumped into this argument, I must respond. I don't like to be accused of sucking off TT and I find comments like that very inappropriate. Depack, call TT or any player or coach anything you want, but when you say things like the three examples Porky listed to the members of this forum, you cross a line. Take the high or low road here Depack.

I approve of what TT is doing so far and that's it. I couldn't stand the Sherminator anymore, and I won't apologize for it. In my opinion, TT is ten times the GM Sherman is. He walked into a delapitated football team, made his assessments, came up with a strategy, and is following it. Sorry boys, but TT addressed the Defense, maybe because Sherman let it erode to the point of laughability. Yeah the O-line is a huge question mark, and we will all have to watch the youngsters grow. In the end, we are going to have a very good football team.[/quote:2ep7sql4]

Dakota.....grow some skin!

Go back and look at my original argument. I don't think the DRAFT class of 2005 was "very promising". That's all. It p1ssed off porky to the point of Bill Clintonlike defense just because I disagreed.

I never said TT was doing a bad job. I love what this years DRAFT class looks like so far. You are the one that turned it into a TT vs. Sherman thing so you may not wanna suck off TT but judging by your posts you certainly wanna lick him lol

There, does that feel better?[/quote:2ep7sql4]
Yeah, I do take my shots at poor Mike Sherman! I will try to do better.

Do you think you can stop resorting to name calling every time you get pissed off????

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DakotaT said:
DePack said:
Yea....I didn't call you names though, but I get your drift. Truce?
Truce

De, I have absolutely no problem with you, we just have a tremendous difference of opinion on certain issues.

Oh, I know. The problem is is that mine are right and yours are wrong :wink:

Just kiddin'

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
DakotaT said:
DePack said:
Yea....I didn't call you names though, but I get your drift. Truce?
Truce

De, I have absolutely no problem with you, we just have a tremendous difference of opinion on certain issues.

Oh, I know. The problem is is that mine are right and yours are wrong wink

Just kiddin'

Yeah, I know, and I'm suppose to respect my elders too, right!

Good stuff!