1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Flanagan visiting Houston.....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DePack, Mar 12, 2006.

1. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Apparently at the request of Mike Sherman. If Sherman steals Flanagan from TT after TT has said he wants to keep him, then we can start worrying. Close all the bridges around Green Bay.....the jumpers will be coming out of the woodwork!

It may also spell the end for Brett Favre :cry:

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Dang, Flanny gone? He was the sole reason Gado got over 500 yards last year... ... ... ... ... ... ... Let him go.

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    WOW.....you guys really do kiss TT's a$$. When TT announced he wants to re-sign him, I don't remember the same response.

4. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Jeez....Zero..

You want to let everyone go...

(Why not let all of the old Packers go..and let TT start from scratch with a bunch of rookies....???)

Don't you want to see anyone...stay???

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

If TT can't or won't sign them than he wants them to go.

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I say let Flanagan go, he broke down several times last year and was inconsistent...he will get hurt at some point during his contract, that's a guarantee...sign Hartwig or McCollum

7. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is my worry,

Mike Flanagan was on ESPN radio about 3-4 weeks ago and told them(I forget which show), "if Brett Favre decides to come back I will do anything I can to be the guy snapping the ball to him" that is not an exact quote, but is real close.

With Flanagan looking elsewhere, I am wondering if him and Brett have talked recently and he is convinced Brett isn't coming back.

Hopefully I am completely wrong and Flanagan is going to visit Texas because he was asked to come down.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    If he goes, he goes. If he stays, he stays. Either way we need a center to step up as Flanny will not last more than two years, if that. I like Flanny, I like Brett too. I would prefer BOTH be a Packer next year. However just because we have them both does not mean they will be here for more than two years tops. You don't ignore a position with an aging starter and expect to be successful after they retire. For instance. If the Packers would have passed up on Rodgers last year and Brett retires now everyone would be bitching about TT passing up on a player who was projected to go as the number one pick.

Here ... What I am saying is whether we have Flanny or not we still have to address the Center position either with a young FA or via the draft.

You are awfully quick on the kissin someone's *** comments arent ya? Take your lips off your own and pay attention to what those of us who have common sense, logic and reasoning behind our posts and perhaps you will learn something, son.

9. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Flannigan didn't have a great year and very well might have his best years behind him. That doesn't mean he can't play anymore, it means he wasn't at his best this past year. I honestly don't worry about what Sherman does. He's the guy who is responsible for putting this franchise in dire straights. If it's true Flannigan is gone, we have to move on. A more important need right now is to fill those two guard spots, and I'd like to keep Berry if at all possible.

10. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    USUALLY a cute avatar of a dancing baby, or something similar, is to cover up the fact that your football knowledge is EXTREMELY limited.

Blind faith in TT, or anyone else, just cements it!

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Zero, having a positive attitude makes you an asskisser. According to dumb and dumber, anyway.

I woulda liked flanagan to stay cheap, but he had the injury\surgeries, and is getting old...and was outplayed by Wells. If it turns into a bidding war, adios mi amigo, god bless.

this is a douche move by sherman too. He continues to piss me off, even from the grave.

12. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Didnt Scott Wells doa fine job filling in for Flanny?

13. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    "this is a douche move by Sherman?"

Isn't it Sherman's job to help out Houston now? Was it a "douche move" by TT to sign Manuel? Raiding his old team. Or was it a case of TT trying to improve the Packers?

You teenagers talk out of your a$$es. Get a room.

14. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wtf is your problem?

Ryan, that's a personal attack.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    GP_1_Again - Yes, I agree, Wells is not getting NEAR the credit he deserves for the work he put in at center when he was there. He is probably more useful at LG, but if he worked all offseason\preseason at center, that would be more than good with me.

Gakk - Try to ignore some of the ignorant idiots here. Just wait until the ignore feature is set up(At which time I will worship the ground ryan walks on). I've explained multiple times why people who support TT(me obviously being one of them) aren't doing it blindly. I've listed the reasons why many times, but they choose to ignore it, because it would hurt their irrational reasoning. Ignorance is bliss, isn't it, DePack?

16. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You should worship all the supporters ground too, since they are the ones that probably will pay for it :)

17. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and I will, I am going to throw some money in the pile when I can, but I have to spend all my money on tylenol cuz I spend all my time here, and reading DePack\Pack66 posts give me migrantes. :(

18. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hahaha :p

but personally I don't like the idea of having an ignorefeature

19. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Are you laughing at the way he spells migrantes. :p :p I mean I don't think you can be so far off if you tried :lol: :lol:

20. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    WOOHOOO Tons of Cap room!!! And we let all these people go by. Look at the Browns they only had a tiny bit more room than the Pack and they are signing like crazy. They just got Ted Washington, although he is old. What is TT doing...waiting for the market to die.

21. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love flanny but man he is just getting to old and injury prone so he should not be a starter

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    lol thx. i think but ryan jus assumes i deserved it (most cases that's the safe bet haha)

23. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i accidentally hit the T key...wow. I'll take one of my typing errors over your mental errors any day.

Aren't you like 40? Shouldnt you be showing us hippy gen-xers how to do things, and not act like a 14 year old? "hehe, you misspelled a word!" wow.

24. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Never called you a hippy. Quit flattering yourself. And what does "like" 40 mean