1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Five Questions for a Saturday Morning.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackOne, May 3, 2008.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    1. Are you an early riser? Would you be if you could? Why?

2. If anyone could play you in a movie about your life, who would it be? You can't play yourself.

3. Are you married? If so did you do a traditional wedding, or something outside of the box?

4. What is your secret talent? Do you do something that most people don't know about? If so, what?

5. If you actually did meet Tromadz in person would you be scared? Do you think he is normal in 'real life' or would you worry about an eventual game of 'sack tag'?

Bonus: Do you think Trippster ever had hair? If so, what color was it?

36FFF. What was your favorite TV show as a child? If you didn't have a TV what was your favorite activity?

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    1. Yes I am an early riser. Normal wake-up time is 5:30-6:00. If I sleep past 8am I feel like I've wasted an enormous amount of productivity, and am basically wracked with an overwhelming sense of laziness for the rest of the day. I turn into a zombie at around 2pm and stay that way until around 8pm, when I wake up again, full force. Bedtime is usually around midnight. I have learned to function on about 5.5 to 6 hours of sleep/night.

2. I would say Matt Damon. Not "Bourne Supremacy" Matt Damon. More like "Good Will Hunting" Matt Damon, only he'd have to be smarter than he was in that movie.... and more bad-*** than he was in "Bourne"

3. I am married. I guess it was a traditional wedding. We did the service out of the Lutheran Book of Worship (I wouldn't budge on that one, much to Ann's consternation). Had a dance afterward (complete with karaoke), and everyone got hammered... except me. I was too busy.

4. I like to think I'm a pretty decent carpenter, and general fix-it guy. I worked carpentry and construction for years, so if this pastor gig ever goes down the *******, at least I'll have something to fall back on.

5. Yeah, I'd be scared... scared that he'd kiss me. He tries to hide it with sarcasm and dry wit, but I know how he really feels about me. *Tromadz, if you're reading this, quit with the perfumed love letters, already.

Trippster invented baldness.

I had a lot of favorite TV shows. I loved watching TV and I still do. favorite cartoons were Masters of the Universe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Thundercats (OH!!!!!!!!!!). I was also THE Lego Maniac. Now, when I go to visit my nephew's, I pretty much just lock myself into their bedrooms and play with their lego's until Annie tells me it's time to go.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    1. Yes, i get up early most of the time, as my wife has to be at work at 6am. So i get up at 4:15am to help her get ready for work. I often take a nap during the day.
    2. Oh....i would love to have Robin Williams play the part of me. It would only make about a 15 minute movie though........
    3. I'm married, and it was pretty traditional. I did sing "The Wedding Song" to my wife though, which surprised everyone. I had one of my groomsmen play the 12 string guitar while i sang. Wasn't a dry eye in the place.
    4. I love to sing, and have had MANY people say i have a beautiful voice. I have done karaoke a few times. At one place, i took my wife there for some HUGE great cheeseburgers they have there, and they had karaoke. (It was a bar/restaurant) So while we were waiting, my wife said "Go up there and show them how it's done". So i sang one song, and a bunch of people came up to us, and a guy said "Your a plant!" I had NO idea what he meant, so i said "What?" He said "No one comes off the street singing like that! You came here with the karaoke guy!" It took me several minutes to make the guy believe that i was just there for supper! We were just gonna be there for supper, but i had people coming up to me and requesting songs. This went on for literrally 4 or 5 HOURS. They didn't want anyone else to sing! People would come over, and buy us drinks, and i would sing for them. I had to cut off the drinks, or i wouldn't have been able to drive. We were there at 9pm, and ended up closing the place at 2am. It was verterans day, and they requested that i sing "I'm proud to be an American" as the last song. They dimmed the lights, lit candles, and everyone in the place sat on the floor surrounding the stage. They passed around bottles of wine while i sang. There wasn't a dry eye in the place......including mine. I wish i could have had that on video, it was a special time.
    5. "Trommykins???" Nah.......i wouldn't be scared of meeting him! I bet he's a great guy to sit and talk with!

Ok.....Trippster? When you ask if he ever had hair........do you mean on his head??? :wink: :lol:

When i was a kid, my favorite TV shows were "Lost in Space" and "Batman".
    But i LOVED the "Looney Tunes" cartoons! Bugs Bunny was, and still is cutting edge comedy! Now when i see the cartoons, it amazes me how much "grown up" comedy was spliced into them. It was for kids, AND adults.

4. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Too many hard questions especially for a Th nite.
    1. Yes. Yes. Because my Dad was and he wanted me to be also.
    2. What's the movie about? :wink: Someone once said that I reminded him of Kevin Costner. I think he was drunk.
    How about Billy Crystal? We have so much in common. He was born in Manhattan. I am from a rural town in central IL. He is Jewish. My Dad's family is German. He loves the Yankees. I loved the 1964 World Series. He has fuzzy hair. I wish I had some hair of any kind. It's like we are twins with one of of us stolen at birth. (There is only 10 years between us.)
    3. Last time I asked, my wife told me yes. TRADITION! (Imagine Chaim Topol playing Tevye in the Fiddler on the Roof singing the song. I would be the cow manure he steps in at the end of the song.)
    4. Is sarcasm a secret talent? I mean if you are good at it then people would know that you are sarcastic right? And if they didn't know, then I wouldn't think that could be considered a "talent".
    5. Trom? Us IL guys have to stick together no matter how slimy one of us can be. We would get along fine. Just as long as I don't turn my back on him. What time of the day and what day of the week am I going to meet him? If it is after he gets off work he is probably too tired to act up too much. If it is on the weekend after he has had a chance to swill a few cocktails I think we all would be afraid. Or at least should be.
    6. I think think lack of hair jokes by people who have hair is just plain discrimination. Most of the time you guys aren't funny anyway. Leave the no hair jokes to the experts. Those of us who haven't run to the Hair Club for Men or spent $5000 trying to get the stuff to grow back again. I know a guy who spent big bucks and endured a lot of pain getting a hair transplant. 20 years later the new stuff fell out as well. And he had little pock marks all over his head. What a moron.
    7. Favorite tv show? tough one. It had to be something that I could watch when my Dad wasn't around because if he thought I was watching too much tv he would find something else for me to do. I liked cartoons on Saturday mornings. Johnny Quest was always good. But overall I would say Batman. Later it was Star Trek. When not watching tv I was outside. We always could find something to do. baseball, football, biking, trying to figure out a way to sell the golf balls we would find back to golfers. Plus a lot of work. Did I mention my Dad would find things for us to do if we weren't as productive as HE thought we should be?

Did I pass? Is this graded on a curve? I figure Cheesey would boost everyone's grade up.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    WPR said:"Did I pass? Is this graded on a curve? I figure Cheesey would boost everyone's grade up."

Such SARCASM!!!! :lol:
    Hey....look at things positively........think of all the money you have saved on shampoo!!! :lol:

6. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Traaaaa-Diiition!

7. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What's shampoo?

8. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

1. Yes I am. 5:30AM every morning.
    2. Arnold Schwarzenegger(when he was younger). I would want to rewrite my life a bit to make it more of an action adventure.
    3.Yes. Regular wedding. We didn't get married in a box though.
    4. I can't talk about that here.
    5. What should I be scared about? I don't understand.

Bonus. He doesn't have hair? Anywhere?

36FFFF. Lost in Space.

9. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought about using Arnie but I figured that would be too sarcastic even for me.

10. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22

Pretty consistently up around 6am... Work and kids, plus I love a morning on the deck seeing the world come to life so to speak.

2. If anyone could play you in a movie about your life, who would it be? You can't play yourself.

A cross between Brad Garrett and Tim Allen.. Big, Tall, sometimes goofy sometimes serious as heck.

3. Are you married? If so did you do a traditional wedding, or something outside of the box?

Yes, married on the beach in Maui.. just quiet with just parents and the ocean.

4. What is your secret talent? Do you do something that most people don't know about? If so, what?

If I tell then it won't be a secret anymore eh.. :lol:

Probably a carpenter, helped build three complete houses and contempating a fourth.. this time mine. ;)

5. If you actually did meet Tromadz in person would you be scared? Do you think he is normal in 'real life' or would you worry about an eventual game of 'sack tag'?

Scared no.. fist clinched, maybe.. :lol:

Full of hot air online.. probably a introvert in person

Yep, and a guess would be black.

36FFF. What was your favorite TV show as a child? If you didn't have a TV what was your favorite activity?

Thundercats.. but most of the time I was either working in the fields or hunting or fishing in the nearby creek. Fresh pan fried trout on a summer morning.. yummy.

11. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

1. Right now I rise early because my wife has to be at her office at school at 7:00 am. and I leave for my school then. Starting June 13 my wake up time will be whenever the hell I decide to get up.
    2. Bill Murray (think Caddyshack and gophers/squirrels)
    3. I am married and have been for 44 years to the same wonderful girl. Let's see, ..................geez, 44 years is a long time. My memory has slipped a bit. I think it was traditional. All I remember is my wife yelling at me "Just say I Do, you dumb ***."
    4. My secret talent? Well, I go with Cheesey. I can sing. And pretty good. Really! Not joking here. :lol:
    5. Who's he? :wink: What is "normal"? Hey, maybe those of us who think we are normal are really the screwed up ones and those we consider just short of a full load are really normal. Huh? ever think about that? Just look at what is running our country. Naw, I wouldn't be afraid of him. I carry my .357 on me at all times. :lol:
    Bonus: Judging from his green hue on his picture I think at one time he had hair like AJ Hawk. Then it thinned out and he went to "The Donald" look, and finally said the hell with it and shaved it all off.

Favorite childhood TV show. Watching the test pattern for hours on end. :shock: That was exciting.

12. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bob-
    Love it.
    "Well, I go with Cheesey." Does this mean you are a switch hitter????
    I remember watching the test patterns. Good call. How about the guy holding up the handmade sign- "We are experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by."

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

14. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well wpr....when I played Legion ball in Milwaukee I was a switch hitter and pretty good. Struck out as much right handed as I did left handed. :lol: As for Cheesey....not gonna touch that one..or him! But, we are in line for a contract with Atlantic Records. They are billing us as "Cheesey and the Squirrel Killer," the next next generation of old farts who think they can sing."

Trom...you're too late. The squirrels egged my house last weekend. First job this summer is power washing the thing.

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Heck no. I'd sleep until noon if I could.

2. Antonio Banderas. The babes love him. The babes love me. Perfect fit.

3. Yes. Went to Vegas. Neither of us wanted to deal with our relatives' b.s.

4. I can't answer that here. This is a family forum.

5. Nah. At first, I thought he was a jerk and I not only once put him on ignore, but I got him banned for a few days. Now I think he's pretty cool. I think we're just different generations and wasn't used to his extreme sarcasm.

Bonus: The Trippster? No, he was born bald, got it when he was 2, and it was gone by the time he was 8. He doesn't even remember the color of it.

36FFF? I thought this was a family forum. Well, since it's not, where are the pics? Oh, that's the number. Never mind.

I didn't watch much tv. It was sports, every chance we got. We all ended up being athletes on some level and my younger brother was the closest any of us actually getting paid for it. But tv? Nah. Waste of time.

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

17. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

I work nights, but on the week ends, yes, an early riser.

Brett Favre

No, and never.

I do a pretty kick *** Sling Blade impression.

I would not be scared. We would probably get drunk and get into a fight, then hug each other afterwards.

I want to see the fro.

36FFF.

I prefer around 34 b-c cup

What was your favorite TV show as a child? If you didn't have a TV what was your favorite activity?

Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats...HOOOOOOOOOO!

18. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    1. About 6:30 everyday, to the library by 7:00. Eight o'clock on weekends if I'm lucky. Five o'clock if I am going ice fishing.

2. John Cusack in his early years.

3. Got married barefoot on the beach in Negril, Jamaica. Killer.

4. I am an accomplished piano player,actor, and singer.

5. I would only worry about my sack. Otherwise, Trom knows he is one of my favorites.

Bonus: I agree with IronMan - that pic needs to be posted. Soon.

36FFF: I always loved watching football. I would have to throw Batman in there as well.

19. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  20. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    [​IMG]

21. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    THOSE PICTURES!!!!
    I'M ABOUT READY TO PEE MYSELF!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Trippster's prom nite photo:
    :mossfro:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh....WPR....."shampoo" is......uh......a MUSICAL!!! :lol:

23. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked the line in the M*A*S*H tv show where the doctors (BJ & Hawkeye) said that they got one of the new nurses shampoo because they couldn't get her real poo.

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!! A classic!!! :lol:
    Before i couldn't picture Trippster with hair.......now i'm afraid i can't get it out of my head! :shock: :lol:

25. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol:

I've seen that smilie before and always wanted to use it, but never had the context for it.

Perfect. :cool: