Fitz

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

Anybody else hear this rumor about TT trading a no. 2 pick in the draft for Larry Fitz!?

Idle minds are the devil's playthings.

This deal makes no sense. He's going to be 30 years old, he's got 5 years left on an 8 year $129 million contract, the 2014 dead cap in this deal is $22 million, and the cap hit for 2014 is $8.6 million. Double ouch!

That was one of those "sign your own guy " to a super-elite deal that has turned into an albatross. Terrible, cap busting deals are not confined to outsider free agents. Fitzgerald has some game left, but he's on the downside of his career, and the financials are dreadful.

Arizona would have to give us draft picks or eat a chunk of those future cap dollars for us to take this contract off their hands because we might have to release him and get stuck with the dead cap if he balks at a renegotiation.

Otherwise, the only way you can begin to even hallucinate such a deal is if AZ took a hatchet to this contract in a renegotiation, took the dead cap hit for us, and then traded him to us. But this is not the NBA. Sign-and-trade is rare in the NFL. Can anybody think of one instance? And why would Fitzgerald go along with this? The $22 mil in dead cap has AZ over a barrel.

And after all that, Nelson and Cobb are FAs after 2014. I'd just as soon pay Nelson (less).

I'd like to know who suggested this...so I know who to avoid as clueless.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only way I see it happening would be if Fitz restructures before the trade happened. His current contract is huge and its one I wouldnt want to take on.

Fitz is still a elite WR and it would be fun seeing Rodgers throw to him, but man, not under his current contract.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Not only would this never happen due to $$$ reasons.....Fitz may be a nice guy, but he is known for being a ball hog and complaining when he does not get enough targets. Now, with fitz, nelson, cobb......and the way Arod spreads it around, you really think Mr. throw me the ball only will be happy here? No. I like the guy, think he one of the best in the game and he is dynamic, but he is NOT a fit for the GBP system.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody else hear this rumor about TT trading a no. 2 pick in the draft for Larry Fitz!?

Hasn't this been the "rumor" for the past couple of years? I wouldn't even call this one a pipe dream because I, for one, don't want it to happen. Too much money owed to Fitz at a position where we aren't in need with 2 big money free agents to be at that same position. There was an article on Yahoo about a potential Fitz trade but even the writer suggested that it wasn't going to happen...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/larry-fitzgerald-look-green-bay-packers-162400163--nfl.html

H

HardRightEdge

Hasn't this been the "rumor" for the past couple of years? I wouldn't even call this one a pipe dream because I, for one, don't want it to happen. Too much money owed to Fitz at a position where we aren't in need with 2 big money free agents to be at that same position. There was an article on Yahoo about a potential Fitz trade but even the writer suggested that it wasn't going to happen...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/larry-fitzgerald-look-green-bay-packers-162400163--nfl.html
I don't know who Evan Massey is, but it goes to show they'll pay anybody to make sh*t up these days. Massey can't even figure out what he's trying to say.

What's this supposed to mean?:

"Fitzgerald's contract is extremely pricy, which makes acquiring him next to impossible for the Packers. They could afford to bring him in, but their primary focus is going to be on the defensive side of the football.

Is it next to impossible or is he affordable, Evan?

I think of all the free agent signing ideas and trades floated over the last few years, this is the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know who Evan Massey is, but it goes to show they'll pay anybody to make sh*t up these days. Massey can't even figure out what he's trying to say.

What's this supposed to mean?:

"Fitzgerald's contract is extremely pricy, which makes acquiring him next to impossible for the Packers. They could afford to bring him in, but their primary focus is going to be on the defensive side of the football.

It it next to impossible or is he affordable, Evan?

I think of all the free agent signing ideas and trades floated over the last few years, this is the worst.

So much THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts