1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

FISHING IN WISCONSIN!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Raider Pride, May 28, 2007.

1. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Up until yesterday I figured I was a damn good fisher. River Fishing, Coho, Steel head, Spring, Chinook Salmon, B.C Lake Rainbow, I know my stuff.

Being in Wisconsin on business I had to experience fishing in Wisconsin.

OHHHHH... How much I had to learn.

I went to Lake Puckaway.

The best thing I did was hire a guide. I hired a guide that made my weekend, and if not for him and his Captain "The World Famous Cassie" I would have been killed, shut out. blanked, skunked and gone home saying "Wisconsin Fishing Sucks."

Most of you know RAIDER PRIDE... I despise commercials on this site, but I have to say the best thing to do is hire a guide. Hire a guide even if it is just once.

I have never seen side board runners with flip flags so one can fish three lines on both sides of the boat. I have never been in a lake where the depth at it's deepest is perhaps 6 feet and averages 4.5 feet.

I have never caught so many fish so fast and had such a blast. The Northern Pike here are incredible and with in 15 minutes I had a 32 inch Northern on a bent rod. The Walleye are incredible even the ones who came in under size.

I never killed one fish over the weekend. Not one. I could not. I had too much respect for them. Catch and release and my arms were tired.

It was just incredible. The people at Smokey Joe's Tavern were all locals and Wisconsin people are just like Canadians, the nicest people you would want to meet.

My Guides Name was Justin and of course there was his Captain... Cassie.

I highly recommend you give this guide a shot. Even if you are experienced. A half day with him will make you better. Trust me on that. Even the locals were telling me how good this guy is.

I admire people who are very,very good at what they do.

Guide- Justin Kohn- 920-229-3494

R.P.

EDIT: Also his rates are just stupid. $100 for a half day? That is nuts, he has a 20 foot Tournament class boat. I do not know how this guy is making money?

2. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not a giant tourist area. I'm sure people in Minocqua charge 4 times that

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    RP!
    Sounds like you had alot of fun!
    I caught a few bluegills yesterday when i fished at a small pond. I've never tried a guide yet. Matbe someday i will get that chance.

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you had a blast fishing, when I lived in WI I mainly caught bluegills and they are so good to eat...

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love to fly fish out here in some of our Blue Ribbon trout streams, but I miss the Musky fishing up around Eagle River. I show people my "big fish" tackle box and some of my Musky lures are bigger than the brookies we catch.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I tried fly fishing once..........................came home with about 20 flys! :rotflmao:

7. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Cheesey is back to being Cheesey.

All is well in the world again. :thumbsup:

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    glad to hear you had fun!!!! I have fished many times up in that area of Wi and it truly is the best I have ever found.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! Yes.....after a small time away, i have returned! (To the dissapointment of some!) :rotflmao:

10. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    True, however I believe that Darth Cheesey is still lurking.

Awaiting to attack, ever vigilant, biding his time to defend the evil empire (packers), and the OLD Sith Master (Lord Fave). :razz:

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Don't anger me Vikes!!!! You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    Yes......tis true, Darth Cheesey IS still here, waiting, IF needed!!! :thumbsup:

12. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Let me at him... let me at him... (Darth Cheesey wants out :twisted: )

[​IMG]

13. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Love the pic of Darth Vader.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Where did you get that photo of me Pack93z?????
    (Did you notice i was doing the Polka???)LOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    Thought it looked like pocket pool

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I thought it was more of a "Why didn't I go BEFORE i put this damn suit on?" dance! :rotflmao: