First time visitor to Green Bay - advice needed please

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all,
New poster on this forum looking for a bit of info / help please.
I am travelling from the UK and making my first visit to Green Bay for the Falcons game on December 8th.

I arrive around 10pm (staying at Ecocno Lodge 2.5 miles from Lambeau) on Saturday night so will probably just crash out.
On Sunday I intend to go to Lambeau Field for the tour early in the morning and visit the pro shop for a bit (lot!) of merchandise. Hopefully I can then catch the NFL Sunday games in a bar or two.
On Monday I intend to tailgate & obviously go to the game (ticket sorted).
Quick questions:
Can anyone recommend bars to watch the NFL games on Sunday – preferably with plenty of Pack fans in. I have been looking on-line and Curly’s, Anduzzis, Distillery look like good options ?
Tailgating – as it may be a little chilly (freezing) would I be best getting a ticket for one of the 'organised' tailgate events rather than wandering around ?
How much do you think a 2.5 mile taxi ride would cost (or would walking be a better option) ?
Is the pro shop the best place to buy Packers gear ?
Any general do’s & don’ts that may save me embarrassment ?
Sorry for all the questions, any help appreciated.
Cheers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe we have a thread on this topic if you look around the forum a little

btson312

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a new member to the forum and am currently only allowed to post replies. I will be attending my first game this year and I am wondering which side of the field the Packers enter from/where is their locker room located? North or South end? Thanks in advance.

GO PACK!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
packers enter from south east side

Section 131

Locker room--not really sure, but you wouldnt be able to see it from the stands?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

pacman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all.

As I am new I can not start a thread so I am attaching to this one.

We are the UK Packers fans club and we are arranging a trip to Green Bay for the Chargers game in October. Apart from the fact that we are all soooo exited to finally watch a game at Lambeau and believe me we are. What else are the things you think we should do while we are in Green Bay.

We are up for anything and that includes meeting with your goods self's and enjoying life with a beer or 5.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hi all.

We are the UK Packers fans club and we are arranging a trip to Green Bay for the Chargers game in October. Apart from the fact that we are all soooo exited to finally watch a game at Lambeau and believe me we are. What else are the things you think we should do while we are in Green Bay.

We are up for anything and that includes meeting with your goods self's and enjoying life with a beer or 5.

Where are you based exactly ?

greeners29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are all scattered across the UK. So England, Ireland and Wales. We are coming over for the Chargers game but some are coming for 3 days and some a week.

We will be catching the Badgers game on the Saturday as well while we are over.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'd start here:
A few years back, the Packers came to San Diego. It was an epic tail gate with a ton of Packer fans, a number of which were members of this forum. This time Packer Forum is coming to Green Bay for the San Diego Chargers vs. the Green Bay Packers.

Sorry for the confusion about Madison. Packer Forum events will ALL be held in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Important Dates and Times:
  • October 17th - Packer Forum Pep Rally (Location: TBD | Time: TBD)
    We are talking to a few location. However, if someone has a cool place to have a pep rally/meet-up, send me the details. There will be a ton of giveaways at the pep rally. (Packer merch/tickets) And if half the stuff comes through that we are trying to setup, it will be one heck of a pep-rally...

• October 18th - Packer Forum Tailgate (Location: TBD | Time: WHEN THE LOT OPENS)
    Just like the above, we have a few ideas of where to tailgate, but we are still open to some suggestions from people who do it every weekend. We would also be looking for a couple co-captains to help us with the tailgate.
For out of town folks, we are working with a few local hotels to get a block of rooms(deals) for Packer Forum members. As soon as I get that info, I will post that as well. We are in contact with all the hotels around the stadium.

I know details are spares right now, but we will be filling in details as we get them. Again, for those of you who were at the Chargers/Packers tailgate in San Diego, it was amazing! We had 100's of fans there. I want 1,000's at this...

@realcaliforniacheese, its time to update your sig link photo... :)

More to come...
Then move on to the first sticky in this forum.

Kevinicus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going to be going to Lambeau for the first time for the Cowboys game in December. I have a bad back, so I definitely will need a seat back for the bleacher seats. Can anyone tell me how strict they are about what kind can be brought in? I know it can't be bigger than 18" wide, and can't have any zippers for pockets where things can be concealed. I have a seat back that has a fabric seat that is pulled tight underneath to create the tension for support, but the way the fabric is folded underneath creates sort of a natural pocket (not sealed in any way). Is this something that might be a problem?

Thanks

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to be going to Lambeau for the first time for the Cowboys game in December. I have a bad back, so I definitely will need a seat back for the bleacher seats. Can anyone tell me how strict they are about what kind can be brought in? I know it can't be bigger than 18" wide, and can't have any zippers for pockets where things can be concealed. I have a seat back that has a fabric seat that is pulled tight underneath to create the tension for support, but the way the fabric is folded underneath creates sort of a natural pocket (not sealed in any way). Is this something that might be a problem?

Thanks
Maybe. Just rent one at the stadium. Don't have to port it in or out.

greenbay486

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks

I was there in 2012 and you can rent them in the stadium for around $7, in there for the Chargers and thanksgiving game, so I'll be doing that. But I'm sure there is info on the packers website and nfl website about baggage and also other items you can carry in. If you get stuck I can do some digging for you.

greenbay486

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all.

Howdy Pacman, Iv just asked one of the moderators for more info about the pep rally as it sounds like a pretty cool thing to attend. Will wait till I get a reply then let Ste/Ryan know and also post in the whatsapp group.

Make sure you eat cheese curds

Members online

Latest posts