1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

First time visitor to Green Bay - advice needed please

Discussion in 'The Green Bay Life' started by Fwoodpacker, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Fwoodpacker

Fwoodpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all,
    New poster on this forum looking for a bit of info / help please.
    I am travelling from the UK and making my first visit to Green Bay for the Falcons game on December 8th.

I arrive around 10pm (staying at Ecocno Lodge 2.5 miles from Lambeau) on Saturday night so will probably just crash out.
    On Sunday I intend to go to Lambeau Field for the tour early in the morning and visit the pro shop for a bit (lot!) of merchandise. Hopefully I can then catch the NFL Sunday games in a bar or two.
    On Monday I intend to tailgate & obviously go to the game (ticket sorted).
    Quick questions:
    Can anyone recommend bars to watch the NFL games on Sunday – preferably with plenty of Pack fans in. I have been looking on-line and Curly’s, Anduzzis, Distillery look like good options ?
    Tailgating – as it may be a little chilly (freezing) would I be best getting a ticket for one of the 'organised' tailgate events rather than wandering around ?
    How much do you think a 2.5 mile taxi ride would cost (or would walking be a better option) ?
    Is the pro shop the best place to buy Packers gear ?
    Any general do’s & don’ts that may save me embarrassment ?
    Sorry for all the questions, any help appreciated.
    Cheers

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I believe we have a thread on this topic if you look around the forum a little

3. Fwoodpacker

Fwoodpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Ah Green Bay life . Thanks for your help

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    I'm going to move this there also.

5. btson312

btson312 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a new member to the forum and am currently only allowed to post replies. I will be attending my first game this year and I am wondering which side of the field the Packers enter from/where is their locker room located? North or South end? Thanks in advance.

GO PACK!

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    packers enter from south east side

Section 131

Locker room--not really sure, but you wouldnt be able to see it from the stands?

[​IMG]

7. pacman

pacman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

As I am new I can not start a thread so I am attaching to this one.

We are the UK Packers fans club and we are arranging a trip to Green Bay for the Chargers game in October. Apart from the fact that we are all soooo exited to finally watch a game at Lambeau and believe me we are. What else are the things you think we should do while we are in Green Bay.

We are up for anything and that includes meeting with your goods self's and enjoying life with a beer or 5.

8. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,010
    Where are you based exactly ?

9. greeners29

greeners29 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We are all scattered across the UK. So England, Ireland and Wales. We are coming over for the Chargers game but some are coming for 3 days and some a week.

We will be catching the Badgers game on the Saturday as well while we are over.

10. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,626
    I'd start here:
    Then move on to the first sticky in this forum.

11. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to be going to Lambeau for the first time for the Cowboys game in December. I have a bad back, so I definitely will need a seat back for the bleacher seats. Can anyone tell me how strict they are about what kind can be brought in? I know it can't be bigger than 18" wide, and can't have any zippers for pockets where things can be concealed. I have a seat back that has a fabric seat that is pulled tight underneath to create the tension for support, but the way the fabric is folded underneath creates sort of a natural pocket (not sealed in any way). Is this something that might be a problem?

Thanks

12. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Maybe. Just rent one at the stadium. Don't have to port it in or out.

13. greenbay486

greenbay486 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    I was there in 2012 and you can rent them in the stadium for around $7, in there for the Chargers and thanksgiving game, so I'll be doing that. But I'm sure there is info on the packers website and nfl website about baggage and also other items you can carry in. If you get stuck I can do some digging for you.

14. greenbay486

greenbay486 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Howdy Pacman, Iv just asked one of the moderators for more info about the pep rally as it sounds like a pretty cool thing to attend. Will wait till I get a reply then let Ste/Ryan know and also post in the whatsapp group.

Make sure you eat cheese curds