First time To Lambau :)

Montreal_Myk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So here' the deal. Finally going to Green Bay to watch my Packers after following them for 15 years. I'm flying down from Montreal, Canada through Chicago and then driving to GB. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice in joining tailgate party. When it starts. It's literally my first time at an NFL game ever. Is it easy to join a tailgate party? how early? anyone going? I mean i'm definately down to chipping in. I'm guessing stubhub or ebay is best for finding tickets. I'll be checking and booking hotel tomorrow.

I mean if you have any suggestions on anything, i'd appreciate it. Meanwhile my friends have refused to join me as they're cowboy, giants, and eagles fans. I don't even know why i still speak to them lol.
Please suggest anything you can and if you're going to the game and would like an extra person to chip in for the party. I'm in.

Thanks Cheeseheads.
A very excited Packers Fan.
Myk

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are several corporate organized tailgates that you can buy admission into. Good food and drinks, excited fans, usually live music. Just show up and pay.

OP
OP
Montreal_Myk

Montreal_Myk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh Ya? how early do they start? howcome i'm having a hard time finding hotel. is it better to stay around the stadium or downtown, or are they close?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best bet would probably be to look in Appleton for night before. Green Bay is likely already booked up. Though you should be able to find a hotel for after the game in GB. I believe tailgating opens 4 hours before kick-off.

For hotels, near or far really doesn't matter. They all have shuttles if you don't want to drive. I've stayed at the Howard Johnson. It gets the job done..

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is the Bart Starr Tailgate party on Armed forces Drive which is about one block east of Lambeau Field in Bart Starr plaza which is right in front of Resch Center(Arena.). Armed Forces Drive intersects S. Oneida Street. You see the old large Brown County Veterans Memorial Arena located on the corner of Armed Forces Drive and S. Oneida Street. It is located right across the street from Packers Don Hutson Indoor Practice Facility.

There is $25 admission charge and Food , beer. soda. wine are included . There is entertainment and prize giveaways and tailgate party starts at 3 hours ahead of kickoff. You can tailgate inside of the Resch Center or outdoors.

There is the Brett Favre tailgate Party located in front of Brett Favre Restaurant, which is on Brett Favre Pass (Street) right behind Stadiun View Sport Bar and Grill on Holmgren Way (Street). Walk down Armed Forces Drive to Holmgren Way. You will find Brett Favre Pass (Street) is located on left side of Stadium View intersecting at Holmgren Way (Street). There is also admission charge which includes all thefood and beverage you want.

There are tailgate parties all over the area around Lambeau Field. The three Sports bars located on Holmgren Way have tents in front of their buildings in in their parking lots. There is food ,entertainment (music) etc happening in front of Stadium View bar and Grill, Auduzzzi's Sports Bar and The Bar Sports Ba r and Grill located on Holmgreen Way. The three Sports Bar are located right near each other and admission is free.

Activities around Lambeau Field start around 8 am to 9am.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
All hotel rooms in Green Bay hotels are booked up months in advance of Packer homegame weekend.

First, I would also suggest calling Green Bay Area Visitor and Convention Bureau They may have some idea where you could get a hotel room around Green Bay area for the Packer home game weekend. Tell them your problem and you are from Canada. Phone number 920-494-9507-- visitor hot line (24 hours a day) 920-494-1111. If they can't help you.

You will have to find a hotel room in city near Green Bay in Cities like Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Fond du lac, Oshkosh, Appleton . Or as a last resort , you may have to get hotel room in Milwaukee. It is between 112 miles on Interstate 43 or 130 miles on hwy 41 to GB from Milw.
Another suggestion is to check hotels in smaller cities like Sturgeon Bay (Door County) Algoma, Kewaunee, Shawano, Peshtigo, Marinette, Oconto, Brillion , Chilton etc
etc ,which are with in driving distance of GB (30 minutes to an hour) may have hotel rooms available.

Let me know under this topic, how you made out concerning getting hotel room for Packer home game weekend or any other information you need while you are here in GB . I will give you the information you need under this topic.

PWT (Phil) Life time Packer fan located in De Pere, Wi, which is located just 5 miles south of Lambeau Field

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manitowoc isn't a bad place to stay at all. Pretty short drive to Green Bay from there. As far as tickets, you'll probably get the best deal from scalpers on game day.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am envious, have fun. we always have a blast in green bay. great people, great food, greatest football team in existance.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't have your own tailgate party, the fans are generally pretty happy to take in guests. If you're happy-go-lucky, have a beer or two to share, and a good attitude you'll have a blast. We've walked around just seeing what others are doing, stopping to talk here and there, and moving on. That can be a lot of fun too and low cost. Unofficial tailgating (the real stuff) starts when the sun comes up but the official tailgates have start and end times.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts