First time to Green Bay!!

staybek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all!!

I am heading to Green Bay for the first time this Friday for the big game on Sunday night!! Can anyone point to the right direction foodwise and barwise?? Local fav food places and not huge teeny-bopper bars would be preferred. We like to party, but into the 21 year old crowd. ANyways, I think you might understand what I mean!! Laid back bar, yet fun..:happy0005:
We are doing the Brett Favre Steakhouse tailgating party before the game. ANybody have any good or bad experiences at this tailgate party??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

OP
OP
S

staybek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks!! I did see on-line that Fuzzy's was a cool place for memorabilia, but it didn't mention anything about the "atmosphere". We'll have to check it out!

I also heard that the steakhouse is packed for tailgating, but I figured that since we were from out of town and we want to try and cab it to and from the game that that would be an ideal place to go.

Don't think we will be at *******. Not a huge UFC fan, and it will probably be way packed, although I like their wings!!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
The one time I did get to go to Lambeau for a game, I got the Steakhouse for the last few minutes of the tailgate party...but ate a brat, and slammed a bloody mary or two and was good to go! So no real expierence to speak of! lol!
Looking forward to going to at least one more game at Lambeau soon! I want to take my whole family this time! Will probably do more of the regular tailgating scene then I'm sure!

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure where you are staying, but titletown brewery is a great place. Not too pricey and great beer.
Thats not far from the bar scene on washington. Malones, Oasis, Kittners. Theres a bunch there.

To help with the hangovers, Karvana coffee is great too if you are staying at Hotel Sierra, quality inn, Holiday inn City Centre.
Hit that up on your way to the game.

OP
OP
S

staybek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hotel

We are staying at the Comfort Inn due to the fact that was the place to stay for all 3 nights in a row!! Didn't think about how hard it would be to get a room to go to the game. I feel fortunate to have found a hotel in GB for all 3 nights when I reserved it only a little over a month ago.

Anyways, those streets you mentioned, are they near Lambeau or across the river??

Thanks for all the suggestions!! Can't wait to get there tomorrow!!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hotel prices sky rocket for games. I know because I work at one and well I quite enjoy raising it higher for opposing fans. The 3 night reservation has got to hurt the pocket book, I plan on staying in Appleton for $200 cheaper than GB for one night in December.

It will be my first regular season game. Though I am going to the one game the team won't be green and gold.

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The comfort inn works. It's a clean hotel. Right off the highway on Oneida.
Those bars/restaurants I mentioned are more north of where you are staying at.
On the other side of the river. Maybe a 10 minute drive from your hotel.

You're close to Grazies, which has declined in past few years quality-wise, but it's okay.
Margaritas up on Lombardi is solid. I have a few clients that like to go there for lunch.

The only downside to where you are staying is that there aren't any bars super close.
You could drive up oneida more by lambeau and go to Tom **** and Harrys, anduzzis, or "The Bar"
They are about 5 minutes away. Go north on Oneida and turn right on Potts.

If you're willing to drive into the city more (and have a DD) you will get better food/bars.

Oh, go to Curlys pub inside Lambeau on Friday/Saturday. Trying to get service there on gameday is impossible.

OP
OP
S

staybek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I really appreciate all your input!! If you ever come to Grandville, MI, I will lead you to the right places!!:happy0005:

The pocketbook did take a hit from the hotel!! But actually the tickets is where I had to dig deep!! Oh well, it's a lifetime experience!

I think we will end up cabbing it a lot! Only two of us and we both like to drink, and it just would be a easier that way!!

Thanks again!!

OP
OP
S

staybek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just had an awesome weekend in GB!! It was an awesome experience, and an even awesomer game!!

Ended up going to Curly's, Fuzzy's, Willis's Corner Bar, Tom **** & Harry's one night.
Brett Favre's steakhouse, "The Bar" & Stadium View on Sat.
then all over on Sunday!! It was AWESOME!!!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Go to the Keewanaw in West Depere. Cheapest drinks and best bar food in town. Stadium Bakery by Lambeau field is a great place to eat breakfast. Family owned for the 50 or so years and currently owned by the guy who has sat next to our family in Section 121 since 1970.

Members online

Latest posts