1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

First Time Tailgating - Any tips?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by digerati_ca, Sep 14, 2006.

1. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad you mentioned that. I've bought Johnsonville Brats here on the West coast and was not impressed. They weren't bad, mind you, but very average. So Klements is the way to go huh?

2. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Milwaukee, and to me johnsonville's are way better than klements. i mean compare the two, side by side in the package, johnsonvilles are way meatier than the klements sausage.

now for the best brats, they are sold at a little meat store in menominee falls wi.

Karls Country Market

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3723538317

The brats are so meaty and flavorful, you don't dare boil them in beer. put them right on the grill over a low heat, and keep turning them, they are the best in the state, hands down.

maybe some have confused usinger w/klements

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Me.....i prefer Polish sausage over brats.

4. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bullshit about the beer. There are thousands of great beers brewed in the US.
    Hammer

5. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Stop at a decent liquor store and look for these: Sprecher, Capitol, and New Glarus for starters. All made in WI, all highly regarded.
    Hammer

6. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    maybe there's too many young 'uns on here but...does anybody remember Falstaff?? i remember sippin some out of my dad's bottle when i was a little girl. kids clearly have NO tastebuds!! :)

7. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey a few drinks are good but let me give a little warning. Remember what a huge experience this is and enjoy every minute. 3 years ago the eve before the Niner game we got back to our room at midnight and there was a fan passed out against our room door. The cops came and woke him up and got him to his room but the next day we asked his buddies and they said he wasn't gonna make it to the game. All I could think about was what an idiot, he got the privilage many people would die for and he pisssed it away. There is a happy note to this story.....

He was a Niner fan.....jack ***

8. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    tee hee!! what a dumbshite! and remember, the more you drink, the more you gotta pee pee. :)

9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's why you bring the stadium pal! :lol:
    Except in December where if it freezes you could have real issues :shock:

10. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    Get some smoked fish. In the 80's I would stop in a bar in Oconto and buy a bunch of smoked chubs. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM...I'm salivating right now.
    I don't think there's much commercial fishing anymore, but find some smoked salmon...to hell with the cost.

Smoked fish on crackers and good cold beer. I could poop my pants.

11. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    More like $30-$31 US now.

12. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [quote="Hammer"
    Stop at a decent liquor store and look for these: Sprecher, Capitol, and New Glarus for starters. All made in WI, all highly regarded.
    Hammer[/quote]

Had the Sprecher but not the others. Some Point would be another option. You can't drink Stella at a football game. It's just wrong.