First Time Tailgating - Any tips?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesehog said:
They used to sell :bow: Klements brats(remember the dancing brat), but now serve Johnsonville :puke:

I'm glad you mentioned that. I've bought Johnsonville Brats here on the West coast and was not impressed. They weren't bad, mind you, but very average. So Klements is the way to go huh?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Cheesehog said:
They used to sell :bow: Klements brats(remember the dancing brat), but now serve Johnsonville :puke:

I'm glad you mentioned that. I've bought Johnsonville Brats here on the West coast and was not impressed. They weren't bad, mind you, but very average. So Klements is the way to go huh?

I live in Milwaukee, and to me johnsonville's are way better than klements. i mean compare the two, side by side in the package, johnsonvilles are way meatier than the klements sausage.

now for the best brats, they are sold at a little meat store in menominee falls wi.

Karls Country Market

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3723538317

The brats are so meaty and flavorful, you don't dare boil them in beer. put them right on the grill over a low heat, and keep turning them, they are the best in the state, hands down.

maybe some have confused usinger w/klements

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
All of the advice above is right on the button.....

All I will add is two suggestions.

1. BRING CANADIAN BEERWITH YOU! I am serious as a heart attack.
American beer is like drinking **** compared to good old Molson
Canadian that is brewed for Canadians.

2. Remember liquor before beer.... Never fear.
Beer before liquor.... Never sicker.
******** about the beer. There are thousands of great beers brewed in the US.
Hammer

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digerati_ca said:
Was there every any doubt that we would be bringing our own beer? Not that it will be Canadian, we'll stick to Heineken, Stella or Faxe. Maybe in a pinch some Kokanee Gold.

Although, I did have some Leinenkugel's two weeks ago, and it wasn't bad, not that I'll miss it, we can't get it North of the border.
Stop at a decent liquor store and look for these: Sprecher, Capitol, and New Glarus for starters. All made in WI, all highly regarded.
Hammer

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe there's too many young 'uns on here but...does anybody remember Falstaff?? i remember sippin some out of my dad's bottle when i was a little girl. kids clearly have NO tastebuds!! :)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey a few drinks are good but let me give a little warning. Remember what a huge experience this is and enjoy every minute. 3 years ago the eve before the Niner game we got back to our room at midnight and there was a fan passed out against our room door. The cops came and woke him up and got him to his room but the next day we asked his buddies and they said he wasn't gonna make it to the game. All I could think about was what an idiot, he got the privilage many people would die for and he pisssed it away. There is a happy note to this story.....

He was a Niner fan.....jack ***

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get some smoked fish. In the 80's I would stop in a bar in Oconto and buy a bunch of smoked chubs. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM...I'm salivating right now.
I don't think there's much commercial fishing anymore, but find some smoked salmon...to hell with the cost.

Smoked fish on crackers and good cold beer. I could poop my pants.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
digsthepack said:
Geez....it must bankrupt a person before they can develop problems with alcohol.

i thought the same thing but i think they're talking canadian dollars which still isnt cheap but closer to $17-18...

americans get f'd in that exchange

More like $30-$31 US now.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="Hammer"
Stop at a decent liquor store and look for these: Sprecher, Capitol, and New Glarus for starters. All made in WI, all highly regarded.
Hammer[/quote]

Had the Sprecher but not the others. Some Point would be another option. You can't drink Stella at a football game. It's just wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts