First time ever..

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I see the source of your confusion here. Let me see if I can help you out. You see, your opinion "the truth."
According to you my opinion is that the Packers choked today. Did you even watch the game?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tr
So you know every players responsibility during every play in question?

What was the run pass option for the series the Packers had after that Burnett int with 5 mins to go?

What was the truth?
the truth is that no team has ever squandered a 12 point lead with 5 minutes to go in a championship game! Multiple breakdowns by multiple players on a string of plays. Now if that is not a choke then what is?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to you my opinion is that the Packers choked today. Did you even watch the game?
Nice try, but I was mainly referring to this particular bit of absolutely stupidity:
"Now the green and gold will deservedly be remembered for being chokers just like the pathetic Vikings."

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using a scapegoat is common for misapplied anger. Which is derived from misunderstanding the true reason we failed. Anyone who has watched this game as a novice understands the momentum. The gane was lost twice. The first time up 12 with 5 minutes left on Offense we chose to go Lacy middle -4. Lacy middle -2 with 8 in the box against the best run D in the NFL
knowing quite well a 1st down means certain victory. A 1st down is better than points due to clock management. Then in 3rd n 16 we run guess what? Lacy middle. Zero yards.
The second massive mistake was a the next drive Seattle was at 3rd and 19 and we rush 3. We should've rushed our best 5 pass rushers. And had a Safety spy Russell in the middle. This "play not to lose" attitude has failed numerous times both this year and past years and is an insult to a capable QB and shows a gross incompetence of the game IMO. Somebody on Defensive play calling is either too stubborn to admit repeated failure or incompetent or both
The Dix and Bostick plays would've never factored they were the result of mismanaged opportunity

Just want to point out your timeline is off. You claim the 3rd and 19 play was on 'the next drive' after the 3 Lacy rushes with 5 minutes to go. The 3rd and 19 playactually happened in the 3rd quarter and it was on the drive that ended with the fake field goal when Seattle go their first touchdown so I don't think you can use the excuse that they were playing not to lose at that point. But I do agree that only rushing 3 on that play (actually 2 with a spy) was one of the worst calls you can make in that situation. If you give any qb that much time they are going to eventually find an open receiver. You've got to at least rush 4 in that situation so Wilson doesn't have all day to find someone. If they don't give up the 3rd and 19 Seattle would have punted.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tr
the truth is that no team has ever squandered a 12 point lead with 5 minutes to go in a championship game! Multiple breakdowns by multiple players on a string of plays. Now if that is not a choke then what is?

Under the MM era:
* No team ever scored 45 points and lost a playoff game, until we did.
* No 15-1 team ever lost a divisional round game, until we did.
* No team ever gave up 200 rushing yards to a QB in a playoff game, until we did.
* No team ever led by 16 at the half and 7 in the 4th quarter of a NFC-C game and lost, until we did.

We are on the wrong side of history way too often under MM.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Twiddle....you mean maybe play action against a team stacking the box???

What....you think MM is some kind of arena league coach or something??

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Under the MM era:
* No team ever gave up 200 rushing yards to a QB in a playoff game, until we did.
* No team ever led by 16 at the half and 7 in the 4th quarter of a NFC-C game and lost, until we did.

Sometimes I feel like people who come up with stats (referring more to the media) will find anything they can and blow it out of proportion. It feels like every game some new record or stat of some sort is broken or matched.

That being said some of those stats are awful, and remarkable to be honest.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes this would be considered the Chokes of Chokes what people saw today......

They will just have to pick themselves back up and hope they can get better and keep winning and maybe get another chance someday to get there again.

I am not going to lie this was an Epic Historical Choke.

I thought there was no way they could lose this game and they did.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The tr

you still didnt answer the question

multiple breakdowns??

so what was the assisngments these players had during the break downs on?

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why was bostik even trying to catch the ball on the onside kick. his job there was obviously to block to make sure Jordy could recover the ball, the pundits on skysports made this point last night when i was watching, basicaly telling us that when people have there own specific job on a specific play you want them to do what they have been told to do and not try to do someone elses job on that play

this was only one mistake when there were a few that contributed, and I in no way think that it is solely BB's fault. we win as a team, we lose as a team

D

Dan115

Under the MM era:

Maybe YOU should not be WE--- move on

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a bigger problem with with falling down after the 4th INT and blowing it on the 2pt converstion than i did with Bostick losing the onside.

It's my opinion that our defense is terrible when plays breakdown and they end up having to play backyard football, a la the 2 pt conversion, the 3rd and 19, the fail mary, the giants playoff game hail mary at halftime. It's like they're not coached on how play in instances like these. It seems like we get burned by those more than any other team.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why was bostik even trying to catch the ball on the onside kick. his job there was obviously to block to make sure Jordy could recover the ball,

Bostick would have blocked if the ball went over his head. Instead the ball was underkicked and it went right to him. Of course he was going to try to catch it.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bostick would have blocked if the ball went over his head. Instead the ball was underkicked and it went right to him. Of course he was going to try to catch it.

Bostick had to leap up in the air to try and grab it so technically it was going over his head. If he would have just done his job and took a step or two forward to block Matthews (the person who recovered the ball) and let Nelson, who was standing right behind him, catch the ball the game would have been over. Now if the ball had been on the ground right next to him then yes, he needs to try to recover it, but in the case where the ball is in the air it is his job to block and let Nelson catch the ball. Bostick messed up.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I try to put myself in his shoes. If i see the ball coming right at me i feel like my natural instinct would be to try to catch it myself.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree - it's his primary job to block and let someone else catch the ball. The ball wasn't coming right to him, he had to jump up in the air to reach it. If he just blocks his guy, it's an easy catch for Nelson. That's why McCarthy was chewing him out on the sidelines, not because he didn't catch the ball, but because he wasn't supposed to even try and catch the ball.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that I'm ashamed of the Packers. Trully terrible loser Viking like meltdown.

Bostick, you are completely worthless and should feel nothing but shame and dejectmant. Get ****** you useless idiot.
I am EMBARRASSED how they played, but will never be ashamed to be a packers fan. green and yellow blood will run through my veins as long as i'm alive. even thought the colors are pretty ugly but you have to admit they are uniquely ugly. LOL

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we suck and will never recover from this. Get a grip. You so called fans that are blasting everyone from Bostick to MM to Morgan are pathetic and I don't give a damn if this gets me booted or exiled from this site. Our boys played their hearts out yesterday and I am proud of the season they had. Am I just crushed and still getting waves of crappy emotions about every 20 minutes? Yep. Am I going to come on here and chastise the coach of the team I love and the players who made some errors that cost them a chance at greatness? No. As a father I am teaching my daughter the importance of losing as more times than not in life you are going to end up on the losing side. That is the simple, brutal reality of life. How you lose shows the character and mental toughness one has and some of you make me sick to my stomach as I read your hateful posts. Coach sucks. Morgan is a bum. Dix is a knucklehead. Bostick should be sent to live the rest of his life in Siberia. The first thing I did this morning was find Bostick on Twitter and send him words of encouragement. That young man is probably feeling as low as one could feel right now and on top of that he has computer assassins taking snipes at him and calling him every name under the sun. Yes, he made a brutal mistake and I bet you that mistake will haunt him until the day he meets his maker. However, he didn't run and hide from the media and the oncoming S-Storm he had to know was about to head his way. He manned up and answered the tough questions and for that I respect him. Ever since my wife and I had our beautiful child I have had a different perspective on football and its importance and impact on my day to day life. 5-10 years ago I may have been partaking in some of this nonsense blasting away at anyone in my sites but I have grown up and do my best to treat people with kindness and compassion. I am not saying that all involved parties shouldn't be held accountable and have to answer for their decisions/actions. I am saying that personal attacks, calling the franchise dead for all intents and purposes and the other BS I am reading makes me question your love for the Packers and your overall character as a human being. How would you feel if you were Bostick right now? Think about that the next time you are about to start bombing him up and down. For goodness sakes, get over yourselves and act like adults. The team we all love had the game in their hands and crapped it away. It happens. We are one of the youngest teams in the league and have an all-world QB at the helm for many more prime seasons. I am choosing to take the high ground and show faith in our team knowing that we will rebound and use this loss as motivation for another great campaign in 2015/16. To all of you haters I suggest you jump ship and look for another team because I for one would rather not have my name associated with a bunch of trolls who have never made an error in their life. I am looking forward to a strong draft and another great season next year. Go Pack Go and if you are offended by this post than you are one of the ones this is targeted at. Screw you and screw your crappy attitude. G P G!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
that I'm ashamed of the Packers. Trully terrible loser Viking like meltdown.

Bostick, you are completely worthless and should feel nothing but shame and dejectmant. Get ****** you useless idiot.
I have to admit. I don't think my Vikings ever blew a 16 point lead in a playoff game. You may want to find another team to compare them to. :D

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his starting position was near the sideline, and he had to run past Jordy and other blockers to have been in that position to try to catch it. as i said in my post it's about doing the job on that play that the player is supposed to do. i'm not blaming the loss on him as there were other errors from the team

Members online

Latest posts