First Pick

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on the point system but in most leagues RB's are premium so LT or Larry Johnson are both good picks along with Tiki Barber and a few others.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
in most leagues RB's are premium

agreed

which is why most leagues blow. You have the best RB in the league? you will most likely win? You have better RBs than your opponent? You will most likely win.

Thats why the Gold League is different.

for information on the packerforum.com Gold League, PM me.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whatever you do dont take larry johnson.... he has a lot of upside but not a lot of starting experience, what really impresses most scouts is his length. a great athelete, but many suspect he is injury prone... and i dont know what im talking about i just wanted to sound like stephen *** smith for a minute. but seriously dont take lj or lt. lt has rivers who is a rookie which means no pass threat, which means hole clogging, which equals less stats. Take Peyton... you can never go wrong with that.

Reaction score
Packnic said:
whatever you do dont take larry johnson.... he has a lot of upside but not a lot of starting experience, what really impresses most scouts is his length. a great athelete, but many suspect he is injury prone... and i dont know what im talking about i just wanted to sound like stephen *** smith for a minute. but seriously dont take lj or lt. lt has rivers who is a rookie which means no pass threat, which means hole clogging, which equals less stats. Take Peyton... you can never go wrong with that.

Unless of course the Colts secure a playoff birth and decide to rest their starters.

Take LJ or LT, because the chances are there teams will still be fighting for a playoff spot come week 16 and 17.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Packnic said:

Unless of course the Colts secure a playoff birth and decide to rest their starters.

Take LJ or LT, because the chances are there teams will still be fighting for a playoff spot come week 16 and 17.

How about I'll take Peyton in the Gold League w/ the 5th pick. He is going to dominate !

packinducks76

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with Packnic, Johnson does have very good physical ability, and also the fact that he'll be playing in a more run oriented offense with Edwards at the helm. But for some reason I get this feeling that he's got some attitude problems, not necessarily at the TO level, but some that might affect his will to pound the ball three yards at a time. As for Tomlinson, I love the guy. He's got great speed, great moves(see screen play catch one on one with Ty Law), a great head on his shoulders, and most of all he's pretty durable(he's missed only one game in five seasons) yet with Rivers behind center all of the defensive focus is going to be on LT. Yet then again LT was there during the Dark Ages for the Chargers and still put up solid 1000 rushing seasons.

Members online

Latest posts