First Mock Draft

ehoepker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me know what you think.

Round 1- Kyle Wilson- CB Boise State
With the signing of Clifton and Tauscher I do not think an OT is a need in the first round. Our secondary took big beatings from Roethlisberger/Favre/Warner. Harris and Woodson are aging and I think Kyle Wilson will fill in nicely for them. He is an athletic player that will give immediate depth to our secondary.

Round 2- Dexter McCluster- RB Ole Miss
What’s not to love about this guy? He’s a very quick and explosive running back that makes guys miss tackles. I could see him possibly play some WR but he’d certainly be the solution to our PR/KR issues. He could be the Packers version of Percy Harvin.

Round 3- Jason Fox- OT Miami (FL)
He was a four year starter for Miami and played both right and left tackle. He would provide depth behind Clifton and Tauscher and could be groomed into a future starter at either tackle spot.

Round 4- Jason Worilds- DE/OLB Virginia Tech
As a huge Hokie fan I would love if we could get our hands on Worilds. He was very impressive at the combine and his pro day. At Tech he was a dominate force up front. He is a tough competitive athlete that is best at attacking the line of scrimmage. He played down on the line so he will have to transition to standing up.

Round 5- Myron Rolle- S Florida State
I like that we have Collins and Bigby coming back but a little depth and competition at the position never hurts. He has a great combination of size and speed. He’s a versatile defender and athletically capable of contributing immediately. He has had some time off from the game but he is obviously a VERY smart guy so I have no doubt that he will pick it right back up.

Comp. 5- O'Brien Schofield- DE/OLB Wisconsin
He tore his ACL at Senior Bowl and is expected to miss a good amount of the 2010 season but I think he would be a great fit in the 3/4. Shows he can rush the passer and get his hands up to knock down passes. Said to be an aggressive, high motor, high character guy.

Round 6- Sergio Render- OG Virginia Tech
I think that we should take the best Guard available at this point. Who it might be, I don’t know? I only picked him because he’s a solid OG from Virginia Tech that will probably be available.

Round 7- Walter Thurmond- CB Oregon​
A tough, competitive cornerback that has the speed, quickness and agility to be effective in man schemes as well as combination zone coverage’s. He can transition well out of his peddle and can flip his hips quickly to run with speed receivers. Thurmond is an aggressive perimeter defender that can re-route receivers off the line of scrimmage as well as leverage the ball effectively as a run defender (NFL.com).

MSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love your 1st 3rd and both 5th round picks if the draft went like that I would be happy for sure nice mock!

OP
OP
ehoepker

ehoepker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of banking on the fact that the Australian football guy Chris Bryan will take over the punting duties

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me know what you think.

Round 7- Walter Thurmond- CB Oregon​

A tough, competitive cornerback that has the speed, quickness and agility to be effective in man schemes as well as combination zone coverage’s. He can transition well out of his peddle and can flip his hips quickly to run with speed receivers. Thurmond is an aggressive perimeter defender that can re-route receivers off the line of scrimmage as well as leverage the ball effectively as a run defender (NFL.com).

Hey.........here is our answer to the Jarret Bush question.!!!!! LOL

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Said numeorus times, I'd be all for whatever TT picks (except Mays), and this draft of yours is really good.

But any draft that doesn't have us taking an OL with our first pick (be it 1st or early 2nd) isn't a great draft to me...

onquack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like this mock. I agree, taking an OT with the first pick is not a necessity unless he is a start right away kind of guy. It doesn't appear that we will have a shot at the can't miss OT's so this draft looks great and fills needs and best player available. Good job!:viksux:

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a very good mock draft. I would have to agree with what you said about the OT, we shouldn't waste a first round pick with one if we know that he isn't going to start immediately, Clifton will be there starting day 1. An impact OT would be one that I could see beating out Clifton for the starting spot and since those guys are most likely Russell Okung, Trent Williams and Brian Bulaga, they certainly won't be there by our pick for sure.

Back to the draft all of your picks are solid. Recently I've been reading up on Mccluster and I'm starting to fall off the bandwagon. I think his role would mostly be as a returner which is where I could see him starting. But if we're going to be looking for KR/PR starter from this draft I'd like a guy with a better resume. Mccluster has never took a kickoff or a punt to the house. He's better as a third down back rather than our returner. Couple that with the fact that he ran a 4.53 and he's been having a nagging shoulder injury since freshman year and red flags start to pop up. I know he improved his 40 time on his pro day but the track that colleges use are so much more different.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a very good mock draft. I would have to agree with what you said about the OT, we shouldn't waste a first round pick with one if we know that he isn't going to start immediately, Clifton will be there starting day 1. An impact OT would be one that I could see beating out Clifton for the starting spot and since those guys are most likely Russell Okung, Trent Williams and Brian Bulaga, they certainly won't be there by our pick for sure.

Back to the draft all of your picks are solid. Recently I've been reading up on Mccluster and I'm starting to fall off the bandwagon. I think his role would mostly be as a returner which is where I could see him starting. But if we're going to be looking for KR/PR starter from this draft I'd like a guy with a better resume. Mccluster has never took a kickoff or a punt to the house. He's better as a third down back rather than our returner. Couple that with the fact that he ran a 4.53 and he's been having a nagging shoulder injury since freshman year and red flags start to pop up. I know he improved his 40 time on his pro day but the track that colleges use are so much more different.
I feel the same way. McCluster at 3? GREAT.

But we have more pressing needs, and I think we can get better players at 2...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the same way. McCluster at 3? GREAT.

But we have more pressing needs, and I think we can get better players at 2...

I've been doing some research about the returners in this draft and boy there are plenty of them. For us I've narrowed down two prospects that could make an impact immediately: Trindon Holliday and Jacoby Ford. We all know about Holliday as a RB and a great KR/PR. But Jacoby Ford strikes me as a really dangerous threat that could put our offense over the top. A lot of Clemson fans say that he's prone to dropping passes and getting tackled easily but I've read differently on his scouting report. He's more like a Percy "Parvinder" Harvin type of player who can make YAC plays and has strong hands. Plus he has lots of returns for TD's and lots of 50+ yard returns, he's definitely the type of player we're looking for,

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I am thinking like TT, I don't think he spends it on the O-line, his past shows the O-line is not his priority, he believes in finding that diamond in the ruff concept later in the draft or off practice squads. His 2nd round pick of Colledge frustrates him and I believe he goes back to his old ways. He is gambling that Tauscher and Clifton have enough for one more year with the likes of Lang as an able backup.

CBs are deep in the draft and the safety position is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The main thing that hurt the defense as a whole, both when our secondary was healthy and when it was not, was the fact our front 7 could not get consistent pressure on the QB. Given the events with Jolly and Jenkins contract coming due next year would not surprise me if we chose a defensive lineman if one where to drop to us worthy of a 1st round pick.

The other obvious pick would be OLB, yet again there are some pretty good OLB to be had in the later rounds. If a stud ILB becomes available I can see TT going after that, as they are few in this years draft. Hawk can not cover a TE, Barnett is not that much better so a true all around ILB would be a welcomed upgrade for that position, only if a Ray Lewis type player is there.

Thinking like TT, I see him trading down, get as much as we can get for additional picks in the 3rd and 2nd rounds. The drop off in this draft is at the 20th pick, 21 through 75 are all pretty even, few are heads and tales better than the rest.

Members online

Latest posts