1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

First game at Lambeau

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BrianOuellet, Aug 1, 2011.

1. BrianOuellet

BrianOuellet Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Heys guys ! I'll be doing a 12 hour drive for my first ever NFL game at Lambeau this year ! I was wondering if some of you can give me some tips on how the tailgate works etc. What time does it usually start ?? Can we bring our own beer in the parking lot ?? Thx alot for the info !!! Cant wait for the new season to start :D

2. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Tailgaitin' usually 'starts' around 6 a.m... even for the later games....even when its -20 degrees
    and NO
    NO beer is allowed in the parking lot....sorry

HAHAHA J/K bro its Wisconsin... u can bring in all the beer u want....and its wicked cheap

3. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    It used to be 1st come - 1st served as far as parking in the Lambeau lot. Is this till the case or do you now need a permit or some kind of ticket?

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Depends on the game. But tailgating starts about Wednesday for most games ;)

Saints game I think they are warming now

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    This came right from

Packers.com | Parking

6. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Other good places to park / tailgate:
    1) Boyscouts / cubscouts usually have parking for $15 (cheapest I've seen / found) near BWW's
    2) BWW's will give u coupons for wings if u park there and dont have your own grill set up....
    3) K-Mart Parking lot is usually where we go... I think thats still first come first serve... lots of ppl show up the night before there and get the prime spots and camp though.... (ie vikes / bears fans) so beware...
    4) Locals have parking BEHIND KMart for around 15-20
    5) The Bar..... Cause its... THE BAR

7. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    You need a permit. The place I tailgate for everygame is a vacant lot directly south of the stadium, and still in the shadow of Lambeau. This is the best place to get a parking lot type experience if you can't get in the lot. If you are going north on Oneida, take the last left you can before the stadium....its called Stadium Dr. Tailgating starts as early as you want. I wouldn't recommend getting there any later than 8AM. After tailgating is done I always like to hang out at one of the many Leinie's Lodges inside the stadium before making my way to my seat. Enjoy your first game!

8. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I tell ya, the whole Oneida/Lombardi/Ridge traffic thing is the toughest to deal with. I just resign myself to biking everywhere on game day.

If you can't get into Lambeau to park, try crossing Lombardi. Shadow down to Biemeret has free street parking/cheap(er) lawn parking and some residents include tailgating.

Have fun! There's nothing like GB on game day.

9. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339

Very true. The area around the stadium is easy getting into...but if you park around the stadium, expect to sit in your car for a few hours. This is why I always continue tailgating for a few hours after the game!

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    There ya go!
    And I bet they have bike racks and it's free too.

That's one of the things I love about bicycling to events. Parking is never a hassle.

11. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339
    Although if he wants to tailgate its gonna be pretty difficult to bring a grill, food, and a cooler on a bike.

12. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Well if he brought three friends then it would be no problem!! Haha

13. Fred E

Fred E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For parking, I always go down St Agnes Drive. Just 2 or 3 blocks from the atrium you can park for $10 or less, especially for a "gold" game. Easy to get out after the game, too, because of fewer cars around there. Is this a local secret?