First game at Lambeau, need a few helpful hints

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Denmark in the northern part of Europe
Hi guys,

So exited, I just booked tickets for my first game at Lambeau. I live in Denmark, a small country in northern Europe, so I don't come by Green Bay often :)

I have been to tow Packers games before, back in 1991 week 11 and 13 against the Bills and the Colts. Those games were played at Milwaukee County Stadium, so I haven't been to Lambeau.

Now, business brings me to Chicago and I have booked tickets for the preseason game against the Browns. So this raises a few questions:

1. Can you recommend a reasonably priced nice hotel close to Lambeau and the other intersting parts of Green Bay (Downtown?)? I will be arriving by car, but plan to walk to the game...

2. Any "must-not-miss" things I should see or do in Green Bay? Is the HOF, Tours of Lambeau, Pro shop, etc. open on gameday? I will propably be arriving on Saturday (Gameday) and leave Sunday around two in the afternoon. If this makes me miss some important sights, I have the option of rarriving a day earlier.

3. Any other important things I need to know before I arrive?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best regards

Peter - the cheesy Dane :happy0005:

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh field level seat, nice! That is going to be a good time. Just make sure to rent the cushion seat things you can put over the bleachers since the seats you are going to be sitting in are bleachers.

You are going to have a great time, I am jealous!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on your first game at Lambeau Peter! Most, if not all hotels in Green Bay require a two day minimum when the Packers are in town.(Plus they jack up the rates for game days)

However, for pre-season games, some hotels do not require a two day minimum or raise the rates. For instance, the Motel 6 about 2 miles from Lambeau, (about a 45 minute walk)is $119 + tax for a regular season home game weekend, but only $33 a night for a pre-season weekend.(I just checked their website) Motel 6 - Green Bay - Green Bay, WI Motel

I would also try the Bay Motel, which is 1 mile north of Lambeau. (about a 20 minute walk) Bay Motel & Family Restaurant, Green Bay WI

I have stayed here for a few regular season games and it is a nice motel. The rooms are smaller than other hotels but it is well kept and clean. Plus the employees are really nice.

Their rates are $100 a night for a regular season home game weekend, but I am not sure if they require the same 2 day minimum at the higher rate for a pre-season weekend. Click the link above for their number.

They have Lambeau Field tours every day except for gameday. Tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis for each day's available tours. Click here for more info:

LambeauField.com » Stadium Info » Stadium Tours

The Lambeau Field Tour is a MUST for all Packers fans. I have been to Lambeau four times, and I do the Lambeau tour every tome I go. One of the coolest parts of the tour, is you get to walk through the same tunnel the the players walk through. It will give you goosebumps. It gives me goosebumps just talking about it. Here are a few pictures I took last year:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And a few from the Packers Hall of Fame, which is located at Lambeau Field:

Replica of Coach Lombardi's office:

Also, if you want to tailgate, but don't want to worry about setting up and finding a parking spot, titletown tickets has a really good tailgate party for $25 which includes all you can eat and drink brats, burgers, beer, soda, and other stuff, and is located right across the street from Lambeau! Its starts 3 hours prior to kickoff, and ends 30 prior to kickoff.

I have attended their tailgate party more than once. It is well worth it. Here is their website: Green Bay Packers Tickets - Green Bay Packers Tours - Titletown Tickets

My last bit of advice would be to have an awesome time! If possible, stay a few nights instead of just one. If you are going to drink, stay at a hotel within walking distance of Lambeau, and DON'T DRIVE.

I hope you have a great time!

-David

OP
OP
fcs

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Denmark in the northern part of Europe
GREAT pics, thanks for sharing them as well as your good advice, I'll definately look into the different possibilities. The tour is a must, so I'll do that - no question about it.

I'm getting excited just writing about going, so I can imagine how I'll feel once I get there.

Thanks again

Peter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts