First 53 prediction

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised as well when they re-signed Starks. To me, that means they´re concerned about Harris and Franklin being able to bounce back from their respective injuries. I´m curious if any of them will be participating in next week´s OTAs.

Starks averaged over 5 yds per carry last year. Franklin's injury didn't require surgery, so hopefully he
Is fine. I would rather have us keep four RB's than three QB's

D

Deleted member 6794

Starks averaged over 5 yds per carry last year. Franklin's injury didn't require surgery, so hopefully he Is fine. I would rather have us keep four RB's than three QB's

I was really impressed with Starks last season, but didn´t expect the Packers to bring him back. Do you have any link to a story providing some information on Franklin´s injury??? The team hasn´t provided any information about him.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of all the other teams practice squads in the league and the free agents left, there were no other options? So Myles white was our only option whatsoever? Wow, that's need to me. :eek:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/
None of Tolzien´s interceptions were the result of a WR tipping the ball up in the air or being deflected at the LOS. Take a look at the plays.

I like Tolzien a lot but recent history shows 2QBs and a project on PS. Tolzien can't go PS so it's either him or Flynn as #2. Can't waste a roster spot on someone that will hold a clipboard all year? Too much needed depth available at other positions. Yeah I know the what if ARod gets hurt again. At least the backup options will be better than the start of last year. I expect to see a great battle in camp.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like Tolzien a lot but recent history shows 2QBs and a project on PS. Tolzien can't go PS so it's either him or Flynn as #2. Can't waste a roster spot on someone that will hold a clipboard all year? Too much needed depth available at other positions. Yeah I know the what if ARod gets hurt again. At least the backup options will be better than the start of last year. I expect to see a great battle in camp.

It's possible to keep three QBs on the roster which I think the Packers will end up doing. Right now there 's no developmental guy on the roster worth keeping on the practice squad.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of Tolzien´s interceptions were the result of a WR tipping the ball up in the air or being deflected at the LOS. Take a look at the plays.
Even if that were the case, don't you think going from #3 on the depth chart to being thrown in the fire with in one calendar week might have had something to do with it?

Either way, there's no way the Packers go with only 2 QBs after last year, and the smart money is on those guys being Flynn and Tolzien.

D

Deleted member 6794

Even if that were the case, don't you think going from #3 on the depth chart to being thrown in the fire with in one calendar week might have had something to do with it?

Either way, there's no way the Packers go with only 2 QBs after last year, and the smart money is on those guys being Flynn and Tolzien.

I like Tolzien and hope he makes the team, just wanted to let you know that your statement of balls being tipped by receivers or at the LOS led to interceptions was inaccurate.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer they keep two QBs and use the extra roster spot for someone else or cut Tolzien and find a guy they can keep on the practice squad.

The problem behind Rodgers wasn't the number of guys, it was the quality of play. This season, if it comes down to playing with Tolzien or a guy they pick up if both Rodgers and Flynn go down, it won't be good either way unless Tolzien gets much better.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd prefer they keep two QBs and use the extra roster spot for someone else or cut Tolzien and find a guy they can keep on the practice squad.

The problem behind Rodgers wasn't the number of guys, it was the quality of play. This season, if it comes down to playing with Tolzien or a guy they pick up if both Rodgers and Flynn go down, it won't be good either way unless Tolzien gets much better.

I think Tolzien showed a lot of talent last season, he just has to cut down on his mistakes. Being in the system for a full offseason should help him to do that. If he can´t the Packers should let him walk away.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Tolzien showed a lot of talent last season, he just has to cut down on his mistakes. Being in the system for a full offseason should help him to do that. If he can´t the Packers should let him walk away.

I agree that him getting better decides whether he stays or not. I don't think he's worth a spot if he's the same guy.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really impressed with Starks last season, but didn´t expect the Packers to bring him back. Do you have any link to a story providing some information on Franklin´s injury??? The team hasn´t provided any information about him.

I couldn't find anything definitive regarding J. Franklin's recovery, but a couple of weeks before the draft
on a local sports talk radio show a couple of analysts from the JS (I believe) were reviewing the Packers
draft needs and crossed RB off their list. FWIW, they stated that Franklin's injury didn't require surgery
and should be on track to participate in July's training camp. As you mentioned we should hear more
during the upcoming OTAs.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I agree, Tolzien much stronger arm but depth at other positions will force a tough choice. Would love to see him stick.

Janis won't sit on th PS squad long...too much raw talent for someone not to steal. Dreaming that he can field punts and return. If he can tackle at any level, gunner for sure.

Hawk may be signed but they would have cut him last yr had he not renegotiated. Few years ago didn't start/play one game? Not that gifted..tackles because teams leave him unblocked, easiest to beat, can't cover, plays catchup. Jones hasn't shown his money's worth yet, injury hurt. Lattimore tho quick, undiciplined. Barrington a backup at best. Too many 2nd tier guys to keep them all. Would rather see Perry/Neal get a shot than keeping all of these 4.

Kuhn comes back sure, but so does Flynn, Banjo, (add Guion), no real long term commits here. Don't see either of the later making it and Kuhn came back cheap due to lack of options. Get what you pay for? Would rather carry another TE.

Yeah 3 RBs if a health issue and a PS guy as insurance.

Again, some interesting decisions to come. Hope they make the right ones. Games getting faster and taller at all levels.

This is the one thing that bothers me about drafting all those receivers. With Myles White who is supposed to be developing and adding weight, there is no way all these guys make the roster and will get stolen off the practice squad like Charles Johnson last year.

Makes me scratch my head still why they didn't take a shot at Yawin Smallwood in draft. They must feel real good about UDFA's. I'm thinking Thomas.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Tolzien and hope he makes the team, just wanted to let you know that your statement of balls being tipped by receivers or at the LOS led to interceptions was inaccurate.
I remember what I was thinking of. There were a couple of TD passes that he legitimately threw that ended up not happened by no fault on his part. One was James Jones being unaware of the sideline and long-striding his second foot way out of bounds and the other was a drop by someone else. Either way, overall he performed well given the circumstances.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is the one thing that bothers me about drafting all those receivers. With Myles White who is supposed to be developing and adding weight there is no way all these guys make the roster and will get stolen off the practice squad like Charles Johnson last year.

Makes me scratch my head still why they didn't take a shot a Yawin Smallwood in draft. They must feel real good about UDFA's. I'm thinking Thomas.

Agreed. I'm still bothered that they didn't take a shot at Smallwood with their 7th-round pick as well.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.
Nope, I still see nothing from Worthy in his future... he's the new Justin Harrell IMO.
Harrell, at least, had dominating physical size, strength, when healthy.

Ted and I were apparently wrong evaluating Worthy and his less-than-ideal size/stature for a 3-4.

I admit it, and now turn my devotion to Thornton and Guion to provide some punch there along with Daniels and hopefully Raji.

D

Deleted member 6794

LOL.
Nope, I still see nothing from Worthy in his future... he's the new Justin Harrell IMO.
Harrell, at least, had dominating physical size, strength, when healthy.

Ted and I were apparently wrong evaluating Worthy and his less-than-ideal size/stature for a 3-4.

I admit it, and now turn my devotion to Thornton and Guion to provide some punch there along with Daniels and hopefully Raji.

While Worthy really had a bad rookie season I think it´s too early to call him a bust. He will have to show something in camp though cause otherwise it´s possible he won´t even make the team.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Flynn
Scott Tolzien

RB
Eddie Lacy
James Starks
Dujuan Harris
Jonathan Franklin

FB
Ina Liaina

TE
Andrew Quarless
Brandon Bostick
Richard Rodgers

WR
Jordy Nelson
Randall Cobb
Jarrett Boykin
Davante Adams
Jared Abredarrus
Myles White

OL
David Baktiari
Josh Sitton
JC Tretter
TJ Lang
Bryan Bulaga
Derek Sherrod
Corey Linsley
Don Barclay
Jordan McCray

S
Morgan Burnett
Ha'sean Clinton-Dix
Sean Richardson

CB
Sam Sheilds
Tramon Williams
Casey Hayward
Micah Hyde
Jarrett Bush
Demitri Goodson

LB
Clay Matthews
Nick Perry
Mike Neal
Adrian Hubbard
Carl Bradford
AJ Hawk
Brad Jones
Jamari Lattimore

DL
Julius Peppers
Datone Jones
Mike Daniels
BJ Raji
Khyri Thorton
Josh Boyd
Jerel Worthy

ST
Mason Crosby
Tim Mastay
Brett Goode

I think that's 53

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you got Kuhn being cut, Lyerla not making it, House getting cut, and their rare free agent addition Juion getting cut, while Worthy makes it.

We'll see how it plays out.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you got Kuhn being cut, Lyerla not making it, House getting cut, and their rare free agent addition Juion getting cut, while Worthy makes it.

We'll see how it plays out.

Guion has done nothing to impress. He averages 10 tackles and 1 sack per year. I just have a hunch that Kuhn will finally become a victim of Father Time. House has been the least impressive of the veterans at CB and I see Goodson getting his shot at his expense. And Lyerla... well, I just don't see any evidence thus far of maturation. If he shows some of that, I may change my mind. But if we keep 3 TE (I can't see us keeping more than 9 WR/TE) then Quarless, Bostic and our 3rd round pick win out in my mind right now.

D

Deleted member 6794

Guion has done nothing to impress. He averages 10 tackles and 1 sack per year. I just have a hunch that Kuhn will finally become a victim of Father Time. House has been the least impressive of the veterans at CB and I see Goodson getting his shot at his expense. And Lyerla... well, I just don't see any evidence thus far of maturation. If he shows some of that, I may change my mind. But if we keep 3 TE (I can't see us keeping more than 9 WR/TE) then Quarless, Bostic and our 3rd round pick win out in my mind right now.

I agree that it´s not a given Guion will make the team, it will probably come down to him or Boyd making the team. There´s no doubt in my mind that Kuhn will make the 53 though. It´s possible House is the odd man out at CB, but I think it´s possible either Bush or Goodson (practice squad) won´t make the opening week roster as well. I don´t think the Packers will keep nine OL, which would free up another spot at TE. If Lyerla stays clear of trouble he´ll make the team for sure, he´s by far the most talented out of the group on the roster right now.

Members online

Latest posts