2. Datone Jones
3. Mike Daniels
4. BJ Raji
5. Khyri Thorton
6. Josh Boyd
Special Teams (3)
1. Mason Crosby
2. Tim Mastay
3. Brett Goodwin (can't remember his name but same LS as last year)
Practice Squad (8)
CB Demetri Goodson
S Charles Clay
LB Joe Thomas
WR Kevin Dorsey
LB Jayrone Elliot
WR Chris Harper
RB Rajoin Neal
OL John Fullington

D

Deleted member 6794

There´s no way the Packers only keep six defensive lineman on the 53. In addition they´ll keep more guys on defense than on offense and won´t commit 14 roster spots to a combination of QBs, RBs and WRs.

Edit: After thinking about it for a while, I agree with the original post that it´s possible the Packers only keep six DL.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They only had 6 the years previous to last season on DL. Kept 7 on DL last year. Also Mike Neal could be DL if needed. And by seasons end last year they had 13 QB 3 WR 6 RB 4, on the 53. Only other DL would like to have on 53 is Guion, guess could get rid of Kuhn and use a TE as FB but idk. It's too bad none of these ol can long snap, it's a shame wasting a spot on a LS every year, maybe Linsley can? That would create a spot for Guion. Worthy is done for unless he plays really well in camp/pre season. Only guys on offense could be cut are Tolzien or Flynn and Richard Rodgers and don't think they cutting Rodgers. And I doubt they cut Tolzien or Flynn after what happened last season but maybe one of them will go. Everybody else is too good to give up on, Maybe if Janis can't catch they sneak him onto the practice squad. But in that scenario I think chris Harper or Myles white takes the 6th WR spot.

D

Deleted member 6794

They only had 6 the years previous to last season on DL. Kept 7 on DL last year. Also Mike Neal could be DL if needed. And by seasons end last year they had 13 QB 3 WR 6 RB 4, on the 53. Only other DL would like to have on 53 is Guion, guess could get rid of Kuhn and use a TE as FB but idk. It's too bad none of these ol can long snap, it's a shame wasting a spot on a LS every year, maybe Linsley can? That would create a spot for Guion. Worthy is done for unless he plays really well in camp/pre season. Only guys on offense could be cut are Tolzien or Flynn and Richard Rodgers and don't think they cutting Rodgers. And I doubt they cut Tolzien or Flynn after what happened last season but maybe one of them will go. Everybody else is too good to give up on, Maybe if Janis can't catch they sneak him onto the practice squad. But in that scenario I think chris Harper or Myles white takes the 6th WR spot.

Here´s how I think it will work out:

Worthy and Guion will make the team. Harris will be cut. The Packers keep only five WRs, with Janis being the odd man out (if they keep six I expect White to make the team, Janis is a longshot at best). Flynn and Tolzien both make the 53.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us only keeping 2 QBs

Also, dont be shocked if Goodson beats out House.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tolzien won't make it. Only reason last yr was an issue was the backup was no good. 2 at QB.

I'm assuming Hyde is the 4th S? UDFA Miller has nice measurables but there's a reason not drafted.

Bush may not not make it if the young guys show they can tackle. This will be Tramon's last year.

I've got Barrington/Lattimore out and someone moving inside like Jones did a few yrs back. Have to get someone some time in there as this is last yr for both AJ and BJ. Peppers in the elephant opens a spot for Guion or Worthy. A few one year players here.

Janis makes the team for kick returns and the 6th WR.

Kuhn worth a spot? One play every 8-10? Both he and Bush special teamers but come on...

May go with only 3 RBs depending on health of Harris and Franklin.

25 on each side of the ball. Should be some great comps in camp this year!

D

Deleted member 6794

Tolzien won't make it. Only reason last yr was an issue was the backup was no good. 2 at QB.

I think the Packers really like Tolzien and I expect him to make the team. While he produced too many turnovers last season he has better arm strength than Flynn and should be able to be a solid backup when he´s up to speed with the system.

I'm assuming Hyde is the 4th S? UDFA Miller has nice measurables but there's a reason not drafted.

I expect Hyde to be the primary backup both at safety and at nickel corner in addtion to being the dime corner.

I've got Barrington/Lattimore out and someone moving inside like Jones did a few yrs back. Have to get someone some time in there as this is last yr for both AJ and BJ.

Both Hawk and Jones are signed through 2015, so it´s premature to think this will be their last season. Especially as we don´t have anybody on the roster right now capable of replacing them.

Janis makes the team for kick returns and the 6th WR.

I would be surprised if Janis makes the team, think he´ll be a good fit for the practice squad.

Kuhn worth a spot? One play every 8-10? Both he and Bush special teamers but come on...

May go with only 3 RBs depending on health of Harris and Franklin.

Packers will keep Kuhn, otherwise they wouldn´t have brought him back. Don´t expect Harris to make the team if Franklin is cleared.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Tolzien much stronger arm but depth at other positions will force a tough choice. Would love to see him stick.

Janis won't sit on th PS squad long...too much raw talent for someone not to steal. Dreaming that he can field punts and return. If he can tackle at any level, gunner for sure.

Hawk may be signed but they would have cut him last yr had he not renegotiated. Few years ago didn't start/play one game? Not that gifted..tackles because teams leave him unblocked, easiest to beat, can't cover, plays catchup. Jones hasn't shown his money's worth yet, injury hurt. Lattimore tho quick, undiciplined. Barrington a backup at best. Too many 2nd tier guys to keep them all. Would rather see Perry/Neal get a shot than keeping all of these 4.

Kuhn comes back sure, but so does Flynn, Banjo, (add Guion), no real long term commits here. Don't see either of the later making it and Kuhn came back cheap due to lack of options. Get what you pay for? Would rather carry another TE.

Yeah 3 RBs if a health issue and a PS guy as insurance.

Again, some interesting decisions to come. Hope they make the right ones. Games getting faster and taller at all levels.

D

Deleted member 6794

Janis won't sit on th PS squad long...too much raw talent for someone not to steal. Dreaming that he can field punts and return. If he can tackle at any level, gunner for sure.

Janis lasted until the 7th round, it´s not like a lot of teams were interested in drafting him. Packers won´t commit a roster spot to him if he can´t do anything as a WR.

Hawk may be signed but they would have cut him last yr had he not renegotiated. Few years ago didn't start/play one game? Not that gifted..tackles because teams leave him unblocked, easiest to beat, can't cover, plays catchup. Jones hasn't shown his money's worth yet, injury hurt. Lattimore tho quick, undiciplined. Barrington a backup at best. Too many 2nd tier guys to keep them all. Would rather see Perry/Neal get a shot than keeping all of these 4.

There´s no denying both Hawk and Jones should be replaced. We don´t have any other options at ILB though on the roster at the moment though (assuming Doughty and Thomas won´t be ready to start week 1). Perry and Neal can´t play inside.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree with that.

Tho
Driver
Ryan Taylor
CJ Wilson
Scott Wells
Mark Tauscher
MATT FLYNN
BRAD JONES

Give you pause for thought. We both have UDFA and tryout players making it...here's hoping the buzz on Janis blossoms.

You don't have Guion making it?

D

Deleted member 6794

I can agree with that.

Tho
Driver
Ryan Taylor
CJ Wilson
Scott Wells
Mark Tauscher
MATT FLYNN
BRAD JONES

Give you pause for thought. We both have UDFA and tryout players making it...here's hoping the buzz on Janis blossoms.

The only guy of the ones you listed that had even a similar impact than Driver is Tauscher. 7th-round receivers have a hard time making it in the league (since 2005 only Marques Colston and Stevie Johnson have more than 200 career receptions as a 7th-round pick). In addition the Packers are deep at the position so it will be tough for Janis to make the roster.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My belief is they go with 6 and Janis is better than White or Harper. At least more upside and will be claimed if sent to PS.

And not stating impact, stating making the 53.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I hope Worthy makes it! Too many wasted picks on D to not hope otherwise. Be the 53rd! But that would mean who doesn't make the cut on the line...Boyd, Guion, Jones? Good comp! Someone please step up to your expectations.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"He's a remarkably gifted athlete," said Packers general manager Ted Thompson. "We do testing results of all the 40s and jumps and bench presses and shuttles and all that of every player in the draft that is eligible; it's like 1,000 guys. Of all the receivers in that group, he was the second-rated athlete according to his testing.

Not a guy you hide on the PS. Was projected 5th(some 4th) round and fell to Packers.

Thank you Santa.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Packers keeping at WR:

Jordy Nelson
Randle Cobb
Jarrett Boykin
Davante Adams
Jared Abbrederis
Jeff Janis

Reason being that nearly all of them could provide return abilities, all three WR's in this draft have the ability to step in here and make contributions because we have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball. I'd rather try and develop Janis than say Myles White purely because of Janis' build in comparison. This looks like it could be a very efficient group if they all get some playing time.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My belief is they go with 6 and Janis is better than White or Harper. At least more upside and will be claimed if sent to PS.

And not stating impact, stating making the 53.

Why would you think Janis is better than white? Or Harper? You haven't even seen Janis play yet??? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taller, faster, drafted (again, projected higher in a deep draft) obviously someone Ted wanted.

White is shorter, slot guy, UDFA that was a small surprise last year. (Keep another UD over a pick?)

Harper a bust at this point...3rd team...talk about not wanted. Not sure where his place is given the position changes.

If you are sold on these two and last years 7th, why draft another WR?

Tell me something I'm not seeing?

Members online

Latest posts