Ted Thompson Era Should Be Over

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I don't know. I gotta agree with a lot of people here that there is just something holding this team back from getting over the top and it just seems to be coming from the front office. I think Ted has been a highly successful GM for most of his time here, but I really think he needs to step down and pass the torch onto someone else that might bring just a few more methods to town for filling needs.

Much has been made about MM going stale, and maybe he is, but I haven't given up on him still being able to coach and win a big one. But I think TT should retire and take the staleness out of the front office. Do that and I think the product on the field will change.

Elliot Wolf, you're up man.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed.
Despite the hype during our mad win streak over the last few weeks, I didn't buy into the hype where I changed my tune.
I still feel like TT needs to go.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm definitely for blowing up our scouting department. We can't be drafting any more DBs out of the Pac-12, they don't play defense in that conference.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much it's going to matter until they figure out why these injuries keep happening. This has gone on for nearly the entirety of Mike McCarthy's tenure.

Now I'm not saying injuries were the reason for this performance; this defense would've been shredded at full health. But it's hard to watch these games anymore because I'm just hoping another one doesn't bite the dust.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agency must be used this year... the defense has so many holes to be filled. The draft can only assist that, but it is really necessary to actually be involved this year in OTHER TEAMS FA's. With Shields and Peppers most likely coming off the books AND hopefully CM taking a restructure on his contract, the amount of money to go get some players to grab. Get a new DC, a new defensive scheme, and a new GM. This team needs to be replenished on defense quickly before AR is completely wasted.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably a 0% chance TT is gone. Does he need to go? If he is not going to dip into free agency to re-tool this defense, then yes, he needs to be gone. Unfortunately the offseason will be same same. Talks of 2nd and 3rd year jumps, hope of injuries playing a part of the defensive woes and TT just burying his head into the draft and ignoring the obvious. Not that they need to dip into free agency and spend big, but they need to dip into free agency and get competent parts. Not DBs with 4.7 speed.

PackerFanInChicago

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agency must be used this year... the defense has so many holes to be filled. The draft can only assist that, but it is really necessary to actually be involved this year in OTHER TEAMS FA's. With Shields and Peppers most likely coming off the books AND hopefully CM taking a restructure on his contract, the amount of money to go get some players to grab. Get a new DC, a new defensive scheme, and a new GM. This team needs to be replenished on defense quickly before AR is completely wasted.

I agree 100%. I blame Ted Thompson for the lose. He's so bent on doing it his way (UDFA) that he must now go down with the ship. You need to acquire depth via free agency. Injuries happen to every NFL team. The difference here is that we have a GM that won't spend money on free agents . Yes, Evans didn't catch that gimme interception. Of course he didn't catch it...he's barely in the league. He's an UDFA and he's playing like one. Ted Thompson has to go!!!!!!
He's wasting A. Rodgers. It like watching Michael Jordan on those early bulls teams. = no support from the front office.

realist4pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for change at who picks the players. Coaching change for DB coach only. McCarthy and Capers stay.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary Ellerson on radio defending TT. Says that Ted's job is tough with Rodgers salary. Ted must be paying him off for compliments.

I don't see how that's the case. Surely Brady's getting paid way more than he is yet Bellicheck has no problems in the front office. I just can't buy this reasoning right now.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I don't see how that's the case. Surely Brady's getting paid way more than he is yet Bellicheck has no problems in the front office. I just can't buy this reasoning right now.

Actually Brady is known to (relatively often) re-negotiate his contracts to be more team friendly ... Brady is still getting paid, but his contracts allow for better cap management ...

https://www.google.dk/amp/nesn.com/...is-one-of-the-biggest-bargains-in-sports/amp/

This is from the earlier re-negotiation ...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/30/tom-brady-contract-nfl-patriots-salary-cap

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Brady is known to (relatively often) re-negotiate his contracts to be more team friendly ... Brady is still getting paid, but his contracts allow for better cap management ...

https://www.google.dk/amp/nesn.com/...is-one-of-the-biggest-bargains-in-sports/amp/

This is from the earlier re-negotiation ...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/30/tom-brady-contract-nfl-patriots-salary-cap

It's still not like Rodgers is the highest paid QB in the league though. Sorry, but Mr Ellerson is copping out on this one.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"We just gotta make sure we're going all in every year to win, and I think we can take a big step this offseason"

Aaron Rodgers concluding his post game presser just now. Can you say passive aggressive?

Paging Teddy Thompson....

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has got to go, I also think if MM cant get rid of capers and this training staff I also think MM needs to go ASAP it time to stop being friendly and do what needs to be done before arod turn into dust. I am getting tired of seeing this team lose in the same fashion every year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From seeing their losses in the last few playoffs, I honestly think the only way they can win it all is with a first round bye week and all playoffs at Lambeau.
In order to get there, they have to have a winning season.
And that starts at the top bringing in the right players to get them there.
Yeah, we need a change.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I come to the conclusion that after the 2018 season when TT retires completely. The next GM will draft his QB in 2019, and get a fresh start. Rodgers will have 6 more years to play under that plan...

txj

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The #1 job of TT is to put the pieces together that AR needs to win.

We have a HOF QB on our hands and year after year we are nickeling and dimeing...

Members online

Latest posts