FIRE Ted Thompson!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy who started that website was a moron Favre fan who was living in the past and couldn't see that the Packers were never going to win with him anymore as he had turned into a playoff liability. It could be argued that Favre single handedly cost his team five playoff games in the 2000's. Teddy made the right decision to move on with Rodgers and was proven right when they won the Super Bowl three years later.

However, times have changed. Big time. Teddy has been derelict in his duties for years, wasting away the career of a top 10 quarterback of all time surrounding him with mediocre talent. Teddy has become the new Favre in that he's holding the team back from the success you should have with an All Time great quarterback, and he needs to hit the bricks before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Loved this article I just came across. I couldn't have said it better myself.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/early-playoff-elimination-exactly-packers-140603842.html

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy who started that website was a moron Favre fan who was living in the past and couldn't see that the Packers were never going to win with him anymore as he had turned into a playoff liability. It could be argued that Favre single handedly cost his team five playoff games in the 2000's. Teddy made the right decision to move on with Rodgers and was proven right when they won the Super Bowl three years later.

However, times have changed. Big time. Teddy has been derelict in his duties for years, wasting away the career of a top 10 quarterback of all time surrounding him with mediocre talent. Teddy has become the new Favre in that he's holding the team back from the success you should have with an All Time great quarterback, and he needs to hit the bricks before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Loved this article I just came across. I couldn't have said it better myself.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/early-playoff-elimination-exactly-packers-140603842.html

I don't understand the blame MM and TT and ignore anything else arguments.

For example, it's neither of their fault that Bostick blew on onside kick.

Also, you mention Favre cost playoff games, but do you give Rodgers a free pass for the NFC Championship at Seattle? He wasn't very good that game. Yes, his calf was injured, but he already showed many games he was capable of playing well.

He had two picks and missed an open Kuhn near the endzone early.

Also, he wasn't good in a couple other playoff loses too.

In fact, he had an off game in the 2010 NFC Championship too, but was bailed out by the rest of the team.

Could go back last regular season too and Rodgers poor play early on is a big reason they weren't playing the NFC Championship at home.

I agree MM, TT and company could have done better. I just don't see why factors arent considered like the Bostick mistake and Rodgers hasn't always been his great self when it's mattered most and has played a part in seasons ending.

To pre-respond to some likely rebuttals:
Yes, I know Rodgers playoff stats overall are very good and better than Brady. I was just bringing up a few games.

No, I'm not blaming more on Rodgers than anyone else. Just think he's a factor.

Yes, I know that defense often lost playoff games too and Brady has had better
defenses.

More want to get a discussion going on this and see what others thoughts are too than argue about it.

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Facts are this: The last GM to miss the playoffs 3 times in his tenure was Tom Braatz...the gm that was here right before Ron Wolf got hired. Braatz was fired, so should Ted be.

D

Deleted member 6794

Also, you mention Favre cost playoff games, but do you give Rodgers a free pass for the NFC Championship at Seattle? He wasn't very good that game. Yes, his calf was injured, but he already showed many games he was capable of playing well.

In fact, he had an off game in the 2010 NFC Championship too, but was bailed out by the rest of the team.

Could go back last regular season too and Rodgers poor play early on is a big reason they weren't playing the NFC Championship at home.

I agree MM, TT and company could have done better. I just don't see why factors arent considered like the Bostick mistake and Rodgers hasn't always been his great self when it's mattered most and has played a part in seasons ending.

Yes, I know Rodgers playoff stats overall are very good and better than Brady. I was just bringing up a few games.

defenses.

More want to get a discussion going on this and see what others thoughts are too than argue about it.

Rodgers passer rating in playoff losses (87.9) is nearly equal to Brady's overall postseason rating (89.0). Unfortunately the rest of the team hasn't been talented enough to at least pick up the slack once #12 doesn't perform at a level close to perfection. That's on Thompson.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score

defenses.

I didn't think Rodgers played all that bad against Seattle. 22 points against the LOB, I'll take that any day. As far as the Bears game, we won.

As for Favre, when Rodgers, over the next five years, has a six pick game, a four pick game at home and three of the most stupifying interceptions in crunch time in the playoffs, we can revisit this.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't think Rodgers played all that bad against Seattle. 22 points against the LOB, I'll take that any day. As far as the Bears game, we won.

As for Favre, when Rodgers, over the next five years, has a six pick game, a four pick game at home and three of the most stupifying interceptions in crunch time in the playoffs, we can revisit this.
Seattle - Kicked FG’s, didn’t score TD’s in red zone in first half. Should have won that game.

Arizona - Had them in a place to win and walk off the field. Chose OT instead.

2011 - great offense, didn’t adapt and adjust well to KC figuring it out in December. Same guys on defense as the good 2010 defense. Totally opposite results.

Those were our 3 best chances imo. Failed in all 3. Different reasons each time.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that Capers is as good as gone, this thread desperately needs to be bumped. Let's hope this one doesn't last nearly as long as the Capers thread.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Fire that blonde woman who works on the desk at the stadium tours desk !!!!! :mad:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Fire that blonde woman who works on the desk at the stadium tours desk !!!!! :mad:
What you got against Mary Jean? Single mom, 3 kids, oldest a freshman. Husband dumped her for the warehouse clerk at the paper mill about 2 years back. $650/ week job. No benefits. She gets flex time to always be available for family emergencies. She keeps holding out hope that she'll get a super bowl ring with the next one.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Facts are this: The last GM to miss the playoffs 3 times in his tenure was Tom Braatz...the gm that was here right before Ron Wolf got hired. Braatz was fired, so should Ted be.

Not sure if trolling or serious. There are legitimate reasons to replace TT but this is not one. TT is 125-82-1 in the regular season, 10-8 in post season with 9 playoff appearances in 13 years and a SB win, Braatz was 29-49-1 in 5 years and no playoff games.

I want younger blood in at GM too, but please use actual reasons rather than something like this.

I lived through the Braatz years ( and before, and this is nothing like then). TT has given us reasons to want change, no need to throw an emotional tantrum. There are real reasons for us to desire a change.

H

HardRightEdge

I would not miss seeing Ted up in his box, gape-mouthed, staring off into space.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a good reason - **** poor defense for 6 years with a hall of fame qb. Allowing a DC to sleep at the wheel. Draft has been horrendous. Being the youngest team in the nfl and not going after an occaisional proven commodity where weakenesses lie. END RANT.

Gonepackin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're firing the DC and the GM, you have to fire the HC. Time for doughnuts to move on.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers passer rating in playoff losses (87.9) is nearly equal to Brady's overall postseason rating (89.0). Unfortunately the rest of the team hasn't been talented enough to at least pick up the slack once #12 doesn't perform at a level close to perfection. That's on Thompson.
This point cannot be emphasized enough.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What you got against Mary Jean? Single mom, 3 kids, oldest a freshman. Husband dumped her for the warehouse clerk at the paper mill about 2 years back. $650/ week job. No benefits. She gets flex time to always be available for family emergencies. She keeps holding out hope that she'll get a super bowl ring with the next one.

Can she play back up QB ??

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like he gets promoted into a useless retirement position. Just another senile, doddering old fool wandering the halls, harassing the staff, recalling the good old days of putting Brent Faver in his place.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Happy New Year!! Both TT and Capers gone on the same day. What a breath of fresh air for the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts