FIRE MM and our whole offensive LINE!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Santa is watching to see who is naughty and who is nice...I am wondering if desperate times called for desperate measures...4th & 1 and throw the bomb? Totally unpredictable call, shades of Bart Starr.

A lot of naughty people on this thread, I was thinking of committing suicide for being dumb enough to follow and love such a lousy crappy team. I do not know what you want...will only a 16-0 record make you happy? If you are so freaking smart, apply for the coaching positions.

OldSchoolFan, Bart would throw the bomb on third and 1 which I am sure you remember....but it really worked for Bart because our run game was so great.

You people want to be unhappy after a loss and pessimistic about the next game, I am sorry for you. You are missing the joy and unpredictability of the game.

But you are young and I give you a pass....talk to me after you have seen, watched or listened to 800 games....things are cyclical. Now put a smile on your face.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I do not know what you want...will only a 16-0 record make you happy?

Because wanting to win every game is just a horrible thing to aspire to.

We lost to the Detroit Lions. Something's wrong. I don't know why it's so horrible that we talk about that.

There'd be no purpose to this place if every post was "We lost to Detroit? Oh well, it'll all be fine next week.".

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

We lost to the Detroit Lions. Something's wrong. I don't know why it's so horrible that we talk about that.

There'd be no purpose to this place if every post was "We lost to Detroit? Oh well, it'll all be fine next week.".

Jess, once again we meet. You have power, I don't. If you posted a couple hundred words, and I only chose to quote one sentence of what you said, how would you feel. As far as my experience with mods go , Lord Acton had it right, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Every year the Packers lose a game that on paper they should win. All NFL teams lose games that on paper they should win. I hate to break the news too you that even Lombardi lost games that on paper, he should have won.

So why after a loss to Detroit are we getting a thread "Fire MM and the whole O-line". Seems overboard and I think even a mod should see that.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is not going to be fired. If we make the playoffs with all these injuries he'll be coach of the year.

The guy who needs to go is Campen.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The appropraite poem for the Patsies game is GK Chesterton's LePanto.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Santa is watching to see who is naughty and who is nice...I am wondering if desperate times called for desperate measures...4th & 1 and throw the bomb? Totally unpredictable call, shades of Bart Starr.

Yes, I guess a good throw wins the game, but it was a lot to put on Flynn (as MM admits) when our short passing game was moving us down the field. I'm still more upset about the 2nd and short run call, when we hadn't been able to pick up a yard running all game.

Still, we win 2 of the last 3 we still win the division, imo.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The appropraite poem for the Patsies game is GK Chesterton's LePanto.

OK, you have proved you are smart. I've heard of G K Chesterton...but LePanto no.

What brought this up? Kittens reference to The Charge of the Light Brigade ?

Myself I would like to see Belichick as the devil in The Screwtape Letters

or as the fool in The Man Who Would Be King.

dgreen1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think Mike & Teddy should be put on thin ice if the Packers dont make it to the playoffs. Mikes play calling was horrible and Teds inability to properly address our running game is a serious problem. Unfortunately I think all that will be overlooked and attributed to all of our injuries. The serious problem is our inconsistency, we play really good for a game or two and then we blow what should have been an easy win. Maybe the Packers dont know how to deal with success, but then again that falls on the coaches shoulders.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I really think Mike & Teddy should be put on thin ice if the Packers dont make it to the playoffs. Mikes play calling was horrible and Teds inability to properly address our running game is a serious problem. Unfortunately I think all that will be overlooked and attributed to all of our injuries. The serious problem is our inconsistency, we play really good for a game or two and then we blow what should have been an easy win. Maybe the Packers dont know how to deal with success, but then again that falls on the coaches shoulders.

REASON for being inconsistent, might be injuries to key positions?

There was a reason why Bishop could never beat out Barnett

Reason why Crabtree, and Quarless couldnt beat out Finley

Reason why Jackson couldnt beat out Grant

Reason why Lang, and Spitz couldnt beat out Colledge

Shall I go onto defensive line? and lb? or does it make more sense now?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score

i feel like even tho we are 8-5 making the playoffs would be a work of God

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

So the purpose is to turn Chicken Little when something unexpected happens? I thought it was to have objective discussions. Hmm...

Yes. We lost to the Lions. Their DL is better than our OL. How hard is that to understand? They're also 15 points shy of being 8-5 team. I'm not sure you're aware of this, but they stand a good chance of winning the division in the next couple years.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the injuries the Packers have this year, they wouldn't even be in the mix for the playoffs if it weren't for McCarthy's coaching. Sure there were a couple bad calls, but had we won everybody wouldn't be saying a word. No one can be perfect all the time, and I still believe wholeheartedly in McCarthy and the Pack.

bob111

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree with all the above comments. MM is the poorest excuse for a head coach that I have ever seen. I never played a down of football in my life, but I can tell you exactly what is going to happen when. If I can do this, do you think that maybe the other team can also. The only exception was our last play of the game! Even I could not imagine a play that STUPID! With more than a minute left and we are moving down the field, to throw a bomb on 4th and 1 was assine! What the hell was he thinking? It would have made no sense even if we would have had Rogers in there, but to put Flynn under that pressure was idiotic. I would fire MM now and he can take Ted with him! To not give us a chance by getting a running back after Grant was injured, makes no sense. We are starting to smell like the Brewers..that is to say, just a second rate team waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen. Bob111

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Jess, once again we meet. You have power, I don't. If you posted a couple hundred words, and I only chose to quote one sentence of what you said, how would you feel. As far as my experience with mods go , Lord Acton had it right, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Every year the Packers lose a game that on paper they should win. All NFL teams lose games that on paper they should win. I hate to break the news too you that even Lombardi lost games that on paper, he should have won.

So why after a loss to Detroit are we getting a thread "Fire MM and the whole O-line". Seems overboard and I think even a mod should see that.
I'm not trying to use my mod powers for anything here. For you to suggest my power (I'm a section mod on a forum, I don't have all that much power in the grand scheme anyways) has in some way "corrupted" me is offensive. Just because I have a different point of view doesn't mean I'm trying to abuse my power. I was trying to have conversation. I only quoted one part of your post because I only had issue with one part of your post. I don't really care if you choose to only respond to one sentence of this post. Good God, stop taking everything so damn personally.

And yes, you're right. This particular thread's ridiculous. I'm just sick of every time something remotely negative is brought up people come out and chastise the others for having a negative point of view. They question their fandom for having a negative point of view. There's pessimists in this world as well as optimists, and we have an equal say. I'm sick of people being mocked for that. It's driving me further away from this forum. There's days I feel like leaving it altogether (which I'm sure some of you would love). I just wish we could stop judging each other. Stop looking down on other people for being negative, because that's just how some people are. I get sick of seeing it, and that's why so many of my posts lately have been standing up for those kinds of people. Reminding the many optimists that we have here that it's okay to have a negative view. And yes, it's okay to be an optimist too. Good even. Hell it's probably better than being a pessimist. But we don't have to judge one another. We don't have to mock one another. We can get along if everyone just accepts that some people have different ways of reacting to losses instead of mocking them and questioning whether they're a "real fan" or not.

And please don't think I'm singling you out here. I'm not. This has basically just turned into a post where I'm venting. I'm not singling you out, your post just served as the thing that drove me to feeling like I have to get this off my chest.

dgreen1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually it doesn't. Most of our Starters have been out for most of the season. My point was that we play a great game or two and the following game we completely fall apart. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if our starters or back-ups are playing, MM is still responsible for the performance of our team.

I hope this makes more sense to you. :pardon:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Actually it doesn't. Most of our Starters have been out for most of the season. My point was that we play a great game or two and the following game we completely fall apart. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if our starters or back-ups are playing, MM is still responsible for the performance of our team.

Take into account our opponents. Until this past week (where you can consider ARod going down an excuse), our losses either came right after major injuries or to strong opponents, and we still only lost by less than a TD. We thrived against down and out teams.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure the Pack should have beat Detroit with or without Rodgers. But they also beat healthy teams they had no business beating. Yes, McCarthy has a big share of responsibility, it comes with the job. But unless he can run out on the field and play all the positions, I don't know how anything is 100% his fault. The Packers wouldn't even have to worry about a playoff spot with a lesser coach. They would be 3-10. Kudos to both the team and the coaches.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My point was that we play a great game or two and the following game we completely fall apart.

3rd stringers are inconsistent, thats why the team is inconsistent

Does that make sense now?

RayNitschke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep McCarthy but hand the play-calling job to someone who is better at it. That would have to be a fairly large pool I would think.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Jess, dude, don't even sweat it....You power-hungry internet mod!
Guy is off his meds, leave him be.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
You guys really think Mike is THAT bad? Hell, we could have Marvin Lewis or something...chew on that for a minute...

Members online

Latest posts