Fire Mark Murphy?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is a problem for both sides. I think the problem has been caused by both sides. There seem to be a few that completely blame Rodgers while a few others blame only the FO. For most of us we blame, or we see both sides, just to different varying degrees.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything Mark picked as a question, EVERYONE knew it was about the drama.

Didnt need a single word to make a connection.

Didnt you make a fire mark web site yet?

I got no time to be making websites haha but I haven't liked Murphy since the way he handled the Favre situation. It's been no secret you can probably find posts from years ago by me stating the same as I am now...just putting my opinion on the record that's really all there is to it...

Here's an article from pro football talk that was written after I put my opinion on the record...I'm not the only one that doesn't think Murphy's comments were productive to resolving the situation...

It essentially just repeats everything you guys have been giving me sht for here haha. Don't think it'll change your opinions but maybe it'll make you realize other people see it this way as well

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I got no time to be making websites haha but I haven't liked Murphy since the way he handled the Favre situation. It's been no secret you can probably find posts from years ago by me stating the same as I am now...just putting my opinion on the record that's really all there is to it...

Here's an article from pro football talk that was written after I put my opinion on the record...I'm not the only one that doesn't think Murphy's comments were productive to resolving the situation...

It essentially just repeats everything you guys have been giving me sht for here haha. Don't think it'll change your opinions but maybe it'll make you realize other people see it this way as well

You found one guy who shares your opinion...how many here have the opposite??

axeman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy should have fired Capers years before he did. Thompson should have insisted on it. It was both of them’s biggest failure.
Capers won the super bowl, not Rodgers or McCarthy , if anything McCarthy should of been fired first.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was replying to another poster suggesting it's Rodgers' problem that he wants out of Green Bay.

Yes, I include Rodgers in the group responsible for the current situation. I don't exclude the front office like many others though.

You were the one suggesting that's it's Rodgers problem he wants out of Green Bay. In reality it's a far bigger issue for the Packers.
Well it's Rodgers AND it's Gluten's horrible management/communication style. Gluten as an incompetent GM is a huge issue for GB. And Rodgers childish tactics don't help.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Gluten as an incompetent GM is a huge issue for GB.

Curious as to what makes Brian Gutekunst incompetent in your eyes? His record since arriving in GB? His free agent signings? His draft picks? It even sounds like from what James Jones is saying, Rodgers himself doesn't have a problem with Gute, but it might be more with Murphy?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutekunst might not be great in some eyes, but I think he's easily proven to be a very capable GM. Draft moves, in season moves, hit rate in FA, number of hit draft picks etc all proof he's not incompetent.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers won the super bowl, not Rodgers or McCarthy , if anything McCarthy should of been fired first.
Kevin Greene (RIP) won the SB but Capers and the defense played a huge role in the NFCCG and SB. McCarthy was always the weakest link and he single-handedly cost us at least 1 more SB appearance, if not multiple.

But anyway...I have also contended from 2007 that Murphy is (or would be) a disaster

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think quick12 is being singled out here and has to some degree been taken out of context. We should all be careful about judging too quickly. lol. Stepping into another's shoes can do nothing except understand them better. I enjoy the banter...there is no right or wrong opinion.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You found one guy who shares your opinion...how many here have the opposite??

How many here are on the FO backing Aaron Rodgers should honor his contract tip...

The national attention to this situation whether from media, fans, or players has backed Rodgers overwhelmingly. It's only among Packers fans that the FO has significant support it seems

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutekunst might not be great in some eyes, but I think he's easily proven to be a very capable GM. Draft moves, in season moves, hit rate in FA, number of hit draft picks etc all proof he's not incompetent.

I've consistently said exactly this...he's a great talent evaluator/scout but he apparently lacks the communication/management skills required. As GM I think the talent evaluation part is equal to the management part. If you're just a scout then you can concentrate soley on that but when you're GM you gotta pay attention to alot of other stuff....it seems Gute did not do that to a sufficient degree

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I promise you there is more than one guy...without different outlooks we are all cattle herding into a barn...how much fun is that?! LOL
What i meant was he seems to be only one here that thinks he was calling rodgers a bastard. And there are more than a handful here that dont believe that.

So he found a guy to finally think like him

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
but he apparently lacks the communication/management skills required....it seems Gute did not do that to a sufficient degree
I think you have hit the crux of the debate with these 2 combined thoughts. Did Gute communicate sufficiently and as excepted of him, by the Packers organization, with Aaron Rodgers? Some like yourself seem to be answering that with a definitive "NO!" I understand your response, because you think Rodgers deserves/earned more. However, is that how the Packers organization wants Gute to act with players?

So yes, maybe 4 or more years ago the Packer organization may have been able to avoid this train wreck by pulling Aaron Rodgers into more management decisions, but would that have been good for the organization or created more issues? What would have happened when Rodgers said "You can't cut Jordy" and they did? "I don't like this LeFluer guy, his offense doesn't fit my style?"...and so on and so forth. Where do you draw the line of Rodgers involvement in decisions that the rest of the players aren't involved in?

Hard to fault Gute if he was doing his job and that job was designed not to give any player input our control of decisions. If that is the case and Aaron is mad that he didn't deviate from his job, then that is on Aaron and as he stated to Kenny Mayne, where maybe his and the organizations philosophies differ.

Reaction score
The way I see things currently (life is evolving and people do change) is we had a guy that had specialized in player evaluation and the long term roster outlook and some financial dealings with fitting the player puzzle pieces (Gute)
Gute is new GM though, and therefore I give the FO more leeway than most on individual player moves, as long as they are showing signs of success and improvement, which we absolutely are.

That said, I think the FO has to be reasonable and understand when to pick and choose their battles. They can make whatever moves they want, but they can do that and still give a small voice to our HOF QB, I think he does deserve some recognition. I think Aaron is trying to say he’s not being heard whatsoever.

The game plan goes beyond the playbook and a generational QB, who by the way is a pretty intelligent guy in his own right, could be used to help us in decisions that affect the Offense. I don’t really see the harm in that.

Unfortunately, the damage is done. Its my opinion that this FO will go into self preservation mode well before admitting they could’ve handled things better from a communication standpoint
I could be wrong, but that type posturing won’t fix the situation at hand. This FO will likely wait things out as I think they’ve already considered the strong possibility that Aaron doesn’t budge.

Last edited:

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
What i meant was he seems to be only one here that thinks he was calling Rodgers a bastard. And there are more than a handful here that dont believe that.

I also find it odd at the very least that Murphy picked that question to poorly segue into the Rodgers situation. Not the question I would have chosen as it is ambiguous as to who the bastards are. Is it a percentage of the fan base, the press, or Aaron? Not exactly a smart decision by someone in charge.

“The enemy of accountability is ambiguity” - Patrick Lenconi in the book "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team"

D

Deleted member 6794

Murphy mentions Rodgers is kind of a complicated guy.

That doesn't seem to be smart in the current situation.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s fairly obvious who the bastards are. Besides, if he was talking about Rodgers, he would have said bastard not …tards

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s fairly obvious who the bastards are. Besides, if he was talking about Rodgers, he would have said bastard not …tards

Still missing the point man...doesn't matter who the bastards Ken was referring to are. It's further illustrated by this "complicated fellow" comment....there's just no reason for it as a guy in his position. If you or I does it who cares but when the guy that's ultimately in charge does it...its puzzling to say the least as to what he could' be hoping to accomplish

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What i meant was he seems to be only one here that thinks he was calling rodgers a bastard. And there are more than a handful here that dont believe that.

I think it's more even than you think between those that think Murphy's actions/words and lack of professionalism aren't helping the situation and your side...in fact like I said outside of packer fandom land the majority see it the way I do

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's more even than you think between those that think Murphy's actions/words and lack of professionalism aren't helping the situation and your side...in fact like I said outside of packer fandom land the majority see it the way I do
My side? OK. And HERE is what I was referring too? I cant speak for entire nation..since you are claiming packer nation is on your side can you supply this proof?

Reaction score
We’ll then. There’s only 1 solution and it’s found between 1:00 and 2:00 on this clip
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My side? OK. And HERE is what I was referring too? I cant speak for entire nation..since you are claiming packer nation is on your side can you supply this proof?

Haha yeah your side vs my side right? We are on opposite sides of this debate correct...did you read my comment? I didn't say packer nation was on "my side" (Rodgers side) I actually said only within Packer nation is it split pretty evenly between people who wonder what Murphy is doing and people that say what you say...

I said amongst the national media, fans, and players most are among the "what is Murphy doing' crowd...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still missing the point man...doesn't matter who the bastards Ken was referring to are. It's further illustrated by this "complicated fellow" comment....there's just no reason for it as a guy in his position. If you or I does it who cares but when the guy that's ultimately in charge does it...its puzzling to say the least as to what he could' be hoping to accomplish
Lol, he is a complicated fellow, it’s not new news.

Latest posts