Fire Mark Murphy?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allegedly he was told to fire Thompson by the BOD. Maybe he does what he is told to when the strings are pulled.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Well, there is a hierarchy and sometimes he has to do what he is told to do. Normally though, his would be the first and last word on those things...I believe. Should be that way.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree with that. Ken (letter writer) was praising Murphy and encouraging him not to let the recent distractions drag him down. What other distraction do you think Ken was referring to? While Murphy didn't say anything new in his response, he has received a ton of letters about the Rodgers situation and this was merely the spot he chose to address all of those letters was all. Read it again....I posted it below.

Dear Mark: You have done a great job. Don't let the bastards drag you down. Washington needs a name. I suggest the Generals.

Thanks, Ken. The situation we face with Aaron Rodgers has divided our fan base. The emails and letters that I've received reflect this fact. As I wrote here last month, we remain committed to resolving things with Aaron and want him to be our quarterback in 2021 and beyond. We are working to resolve the situation and realize that the less both sides say publicly, the better. With regard to the Washington Football Team, it looks like they will be the WFT for at least one more year. I like the Washington Generals name, but it is already taken. Have you ever seen a Harlem Globetrotters game? Also, the Washington Generals don't have a very good record (1 win, 16,000 losses).
First Ginger says the Rodgers dilemma has divided the fan base, then he says the less said publicly the better. He should have taken his advice to begin with. There's nothing to say until either 1) Rodgers shows up, 2) Rodgers is traded, or 3) Rodgers is allowed to sit as long as he wants - well, up to three years. I'm not Ginger, so I think Rodgers will be traded. I'd rather he grows up and shows up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Ginger says the Rodgers dilemma has divided the fan base, then he says the less said publicly the better. He should have taken his advice to begin with. There's nothing to say until either 1) Rodgers shows up, 2) Rodgers is traded, or 3) Rodgers is allowed to sit as long as he wants - well, up to three years. I'm not Ginger, so I think Rodgers will be traded. I'd rather he grows up and shows up.
you're better than using childish names, at least you have been. Don't go down that road.

anyway, he hasn't said anything publicly other than they want him back. and it has divided the fan base, he's not saying anything with that. He's absolutely right when he says the less that's said publicly the better because all fans do is react in irrational manners to every word that is said without having any idea of the complete picture other than what they've imagined.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one including Aaron Rodgers has a beef with what Murphy has done financially...it's his apparent lack of intelligence dealing with people. He couldn't get along with Favre, now he can't get along with Rodgers...

Everything is not about money in life...also you have to admit it's a lot easier to be a financial success when you have the benefit of a fhof qb who has been the face of the NFL for most of your tenure. I'm not saying Murphy would have for sure fallen on his face without that benefit. I'm just saying there's no argument that isn't a huge part of the teams ability to make money
LOL, Farve had his own locker room by the time MMurphy came along. and he'd ended our season on INT's in big games more than a couple times. In his last game for us, he looked old and disinterested. Zero issue moving on. As for Rodgers, he's a fine QB, but he doesn't exactly have a track record of being easy to get a long with either. Regardless, none of that has anything to do with this IMO.

The only people I see saying MMurphy isn't qualified or is lacking in certain things are from fans that do not know him at all. Most people in the football world seem to think pretty highly of him actually.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Murphy wanted Ball as GM?
A good source told me during the selection process that at one point Mark wanted Ball

This article shows why Mark was probably thinking that way.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good source told me during the selection process that at one point Mark wanted Ball

This article shows why Mark was probably thinking that way.

Yeah I get why Ball would be an attractive candidate to Murphy...its all about the bottom line plain and simple

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, Farve had his own locker room by the time MMurphy came along. and he'd ended our season on INT's in big games more than a couple times. In his last game for us, he looked old and disinterested. Zero issue moving on. As for Rodgers, he's a fine QB, but he doesn't exactly have a track record of being easy to get a long with either. Regardless, none of that has anything to do with this IMO.

The only people I see saying MMurphy isn't qualified or is lacking in certain things are from fans that do not know him at all. Most people in the football world seem to think pretty highly of him actually.

Don't need to know him to know he's not good at his job. Which is essentially to manage everyone and everything Packers. I get there's an interesting dynamic when your boss makes less money than some of his employees...but I actually happen to work in an industry where that's often the case as well and it works out fine

Murphy is not more important than Rodgers. Favre having his own locker room while not how I would roll isn't the end of the world...my point treating every employee the same is a nice concept but it's not how it works

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

not condone it, but bretts own locker was to avoid media issues...way to many were there.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree with that. Ken (letter writer) was praising Murphy and encouraging him not to let the recent distractions drag him down. What other distraction do you think Ken was referring to? While Murphy didn't say anything new in his response, he has received a ton of letters about the Rodgers situation and this was merely the spot he chose to address all of those letters was all. Read it again....I posted it below.

Dear Mark: You have done a great job. Don't let the bastards drag you down. Washington needs a name. I suggest the Generals.

Thanks, Ken. The situation we face with Aaron Rodgers has divided our fan base. The emails and letters that I've received reflect this fact. As I wrote here last month, we remain committed to resolving things with Aaron and want him to be our quarterback in 2021 and beyond. We are working to resolve the situation and realize that the less both sides say publicly, the better. With regard to the Washington Football Team, it looks like they will be the WFT for at least one more year. I like the Washington Generals name, but it is already taken. Have you ever seen a Harlem Globetrotters game? Also, the Washington Generals don't have a very good record (1 win, 16,000 losses).

My only point in this is like you say he likely recieved tons of letters/questions on this subject...yet the one he chose to use was the one that implied Rodgers is a bastard. How is that productive to winning football games?

In my opinion it once again illustrates Murphy's lack of ability to understand there's ways you do things and ways you don't...to me the choice of that question couldn't have been an accident. No one proof reading said hey dude you might wanna not choose the question where the guy says "don't let the bastards get you down" to then talk about the Rodgers situation...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My only point in this is like you say he likely recieved tons of letters/questions on this subject...yet the one he chose to use was the one that implied Rodgers is a bastard. How is that productive to winning football games?

In my opinion it once again illustrates Murphy's lack of ability to understand there's ways you do things and ways you don't...to me the choice of that question couldn't have been an accident. No one proof reading said hey dude you might wanna not choose the question where the guy says "don't let the bastards get you down" to then talk about the Rodgers situation...
Maybe he picked that one to try and calm that guy down? Wanted to show how much they want rodgers back.

It is all your own perspective...you might be right..or I might be right..

But you cant say for 100 percent either way

Besides..the pr dept has to approve it..so they discussed all options

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and once again - insufferable fans? More great PR from Murphy...you'd think he clam up when speaking about his bread and butter (fans) and soon to be ex-future HOF qb.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think he was implying Rodgers was a bastard, more so a segment of insufferable fans.

I'm not saying the guy who wrote the question is for sure talking about Rodgers, he might be talking about the fans, I tend to think he's talking about Rodgers and the segment of fans who support him...anyways that doesn't change my point, which is when Murphy chooses that question to talk about Rodgers the optics aren't good...if by some chance Rodgers camp read that...what do you think they're thinking?

Murphy gets a question about bastards and then proceeds to talk about Rodgers it's not hard to connect those dots...just shows a lack of awareness at best and at worst an intentional attempt to troll Rodgers...we don't need sht like that from the president of the team

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he picked that one to try and calm that guy down? Wanted to show how much they want rodgers back.

It is all your own perspective...you might be right..or I might be right..

But you cant say for 100 percent either way

Besides..the pr dept has to approve it..so they discussed all options

Doesn't change my point. I never said 100% murphy's intentions are this...and yeah I mentioned I can't believe someone would proof read that and not be like hey dude you do realize how this is gonna come off to Rodgers camp...maybe not the thing to do if you sincerely want him to be your teams qb...

@Pokerbrat2000 and yes I did read it prior to you posting it as well as again after you posted it. The way it comes across to me has not changed

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't change my point. I never said 100% murphy's intentions are this...and yeah I mentioned I can't believe someone would proof read that and not be like hey dude you do realize how this is gonna come off to Rodgers camp...maybe not the thing to do if you sincerely want him to be your teams qb...

@Pokerbrat2000 and yes I did read it prior to you posting it as well as again after you posted it. The way it comes across to me has not changed
Believe you are 100 percent wrong.

I normally dont react this way, but I think you skimmed over, saw Rodgers and bastard and didnt look back.

No way was this a dig to rodgers..this was a fan calling other fans bastards

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe you are 100 percent wrong.

I normally dont react this way, but I think you skimmed over, saw Rodgers and bastard and didnt look back.

No way was this a dig to rodgers..this was a fan calling other fans bastards

You're missing my point dude...the fan may not of been talking about Rodgers... But when Murphy picks that question and then immediately talks about Rodgers the connection is made

At the least it shows murphy and the pr staff are oblivious at the worst it's intentional trolling

Kinda like Miles Teller tweeting out "congratulations on signing with the Packers"

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying the guy who wrote the question is for sure talking about Rodgers, he might be talking about the fans, I tend to think he's talking about Rodgers and the segment of fans who support him...anyways that doesn't change my point, which is when Murphy chooses that question to talk about Rodgers the optics aren't good...if by some chance Rodgers camp read that...what do you think they're thinking?

Murphy gets a question about bastards and then proceeds to talk about Rodgers it's not hard to connect those dots...just shows a lack of awareness at best and at worst an intentional attempt to troll Rodgers...we don't need sht like that from the president of the team
I don't think people are making that connection at all. I think it's a pretty big reach to try and connect those dots. and it kind of speaks to his point. Saying anything in the public helps nothing as nothing will help. All it does is give people license to stretch things as far as they want and keep the divide going. And they will. Even complete honesty and transparency of every though or action will be mutilated by the fans and media.

anyway, I don't think most people are connecting Rodgers as a bastard from his answer. I'm sure some might think it, but they did before the question was answered and had nothing to do with that.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think people are making that connection at all. I think it's a pretty big reach to try and connect those dots. and it kind of speaks to his point. Saying anything in the public helps nothing as nothing will help. All it does is give people license to stretch things as far as they want and keep the divide going. And they will. Even complete honesty and transparency of every though or action will be mutilated by the fans and media.

anyway, I don't think most people are connecting Rodgers as a bastard from his answer. I'm sure some might think it, but they did before the question was answered and had nothing to do with that.

I bet Rodgers is saying oh you choose a question referring to bastards and choose to talk about me...ok I see...you gotta know who your dealing with and that's been my problem with Murphy's management of the Favre and now Rodgers situation. Murphy seems to have a power trip problem...he seems to think he's the most important guy in the organization and that's just not true. For all Murphy has done take away Rodgers and then what ? Gb is Jacksonville north without the weather and no state income tax thing. How many free agents do you think they get?

Also was weird when Murphy spazed out and fired SB winning, street named after coach, MM with 4 games left... something that had never occurred in franchise history

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt they even get woodson without Rodgers

Also was weird when Murphy spazed out and fired SB winning, street named after coach, MM with 4 games left... something that had never occurred in franchise history
Woodson only came because of aaron?

yeah..2006 aaron was lighting it up

I hope you didnt post anything saying you wanted MM fired

Will have to look

D

Deleted member 6794

hogwash...look at the hand he was dealt. The crown jewel franchise of the NFL, huge tradition, nfl profit sharing. I can go on and on. Murphy has been average at best, and his communication skills obviously are not in the best interest of the organization.

Once again, Murphy has been great at securing the financial future of the Packers, mostly for creating the Titletown district to create revenue not having to be shared with other teams in the league.

He should leave football decisions to someone else though.

Latest posts