Fire Joe Barry -- Updated -- he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Psychologically, it's better for a player to believe he has a shot at getting back on the field sooner than later. If that's what it takes to get them to work their rears off in rehab
Only wanted to add that rehabbing can be a double edge sword. The player has to know when not to push it too much. They need to push it but also need to understand when they push too hard; it can make it worse. A little more each day. Or even back off some days. Personally, I'm looking for Jaire to return. But LaFleur is doing the Belichickando twist.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Funny thing about football, all these guys are getting paid fully on their contracts, no matter if they are playing every Sunday or sitting on IR for the rest of the season. Not saying that they don't have motivation to try and make it back, but in most cases, it is not a financial one. A guy like Jaire actually probably stands to lose more than he stands to gain by playing. A worse injury (achilles, ACL, etc.) might negatively effect his new contract.

Now the guys that have incentives (per game roster bonus, yards, etc.), they might be financially motivated to make it back as soon as possible.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was more referring to the posters who try to predict who will be back and their return dates and such. I will bet the Packers and their medical staff do not even know these things with any confidence. Basically my (unsolicited) advice is to just hope the team and the active players are preparing to finish their run with who is currently available.

Reaction score
Just for the record, Poker, teams are allowed to have a maximum of 16 players on the practice squad this season.

Once again, there's only a single injured reserve list. Teams announce that a player is done for the season because it's obvious to everyone a player won't be activated based on the severity of the injury.

You obviously have no idea how the rules work.

A player being put on injured reserve doesn't count against the 53 roster limit no matter if the team plans on activating him at some point down the road or has deemed him done for the season.

In addition a team can activitate an unlimited number of players from IR this season.

The only rule in place is that a player being put on IR has to miss a minimum of three games.
I just repeated what the article said. You saw the link write the author.
You’re dancing around the argument that YOU started (twice before I could answer!)
I never said players couldn’t be activated from IR and the reason I believe you brought that up? You are skirting your specific rebuttal. Point is you won’t answer the question because it’ll by default prove you are wrong. I’m wrong all the time, but you can’t admit 1 time you made a mistake in your 2 initial responses to my post.

Are teams incorrect in deeming players “Season Ending IR”?? A simple yes or no??

Fire Barry already! Plus please Lord don’t say “Season Ending” though! It’ll drive someone mad because they have nothing better to do than look for something that isn’t there.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a Packets fan, I'm used to seeing a lot of bad defense, but last night was a new low. Over 360 yards of rushing given up! Let that sink in. Pathetic. Joe Barry should clean out his desk when he gets back to Green Bay. He has no adjustments to slow down a running qb and the d line stood up and was pushed around.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I think there is little doubt that Barry will be fired at the end of the season. He was a bad hire to begin with. It never made any sense. I think more than Barry will be gone too. MLF will get another season due to his previous successful seasons, but heads will roll and they should. The tackling in last nights game was pathetic. It almost looked like a video game. Two guys trying to make tackles and just falling off the running back. Hurts breaking guys ankles. I mean, dude is good for sure, but bad angles and just overall IQ. What a disappointing defensive effort. The fish stinks from the head down. See you Barry!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a Packets fan, I'm used to seeing a lot of bad defense, but last night was a new low. Over 360 yards of rushing given up! Let that sink in. Pathetic. Joe Barry should clean out his desk when he gets back to Green Bay. He has no adjustments to slow down a running qb and the d line stood up and was pushed around.
I know the Eagle running offense is mighty powerful. But some teams have found a way to slow them down. So the last time we got run over that bad was the Bears 1977. That means Walter Payton. Frightening. Last night made me think that we were seeing a Class 5A HS team against a 1A.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like plenty of coaches before him he should've been long gone LONG ago but we again decided to stick by our guy until far too much damage is done.

Not saying this season would've gone radically different if he'd been canned sooner but it's hard for me to see it going much worse. Anyone who could merely get us to an *average* run defense would likely see us turn around a handful of our results this season.

In truth maybe it tells you what the FO thought about our championship prospects this season. Perhaps they simply didn't see it as realistic because I have to think that any serious contender would not have continued to employ this guy for nearly as long as we have.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is now almost a month old article, but it speaks volumes for what was and continues to be the problems with Barry. The fact that his players are complaining, is enough for me. I mentioned the way Alexander looks like he is doing the bare minimum weeks ago, that hasn't changed. Now it looks other guys are just going through the motions. They need a DC that will light a fire under them and spark some enthusiasm, that unit looked dead for most of the game last night.

“According to sources close to members of the Packers’ defense, players have grown frustrated with the defensive scheme and playcalling,” Demovsky wrote. “One source said there has been ‘a declining confidence in the defensive scheme and what’s being called, and it’s led to overall frustration with the defense.’ Another source confirmed that sentiment.”

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is now almost a month old article, but it speaks volumes for what was and continues to be the problems with Barry. The fact that his players are complaining, is enough for me. I mentioned the way Alexander looks like he is doing the bare minimum weeks ago, that hasn't changed. Now it looks other guys are just going through the motions. They need a DC that will light a fire under them and spark some enthusiasm, that unit looked dead for most of the game last night.

“According to sources close to members of the Packers’ defense, players have grown frustrated with the defensive scheme and playcalling,” Demovsky wrote. “One source said there has been ‘a declining confidence in the defensive scheme and what’s being called, and it’s led to overall frustration with the defense.’ Another source confirmed that sentiment.”

To be honest for me I thought this had been overstated a bit previously but last night I have to say that I was finally starting to notice the same (maybe just was not looking so closely before).

Small thing but one that really jumped out to me was on Walker's fumble recovery/return. I don't know if he was worried about getting a penalty or just misjudged it but it looked like Jaire was just a little scared/apprehensive to put a good block on Hurts. If he gets a good block there Walker's scoring a TD without question. Instead Jaire looked to hesitate a bit and basically whiffed which caused Walker to have to adjust back inside and ended up not scoring. Of course we ended up scoring a few plays later so ultimately ended up being largely inconsequential but I don't know, that just disappointed me to see.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To be honest for me I thought this had been overstated a bit previously but last night I have to say that I was finally starting to notice the same (maybe just was not looking so closely before).

Small thing but one that really jumped out to me was on Walker's fumble recovery/return. I don't know if he was worried about getting a penalty or just misjudged it but it looked like Jaire was just a little scared/apprehensive to put a good block on Hurts. If he gets a good block there Walker's scoring a TD without question. Instead Jaire looked to hesitate a bit and basically whiffed which caused Walker to have to adjust back inside and ended up not scoring. Of course we ended up scoring a few plays later so ultimately ended up being largely inconsequential but I don't know, that just disappointed me to see.
Glad to know someone else is noticing it too. Honestly, I haven't been able to not see it for most of the season. Not sure if he is afraid of getting injured or he has just decided to only be responsible for the area of the field he is assigned to. Even that part, he didn't do all that great last night. I still think he is a good CB, but best in the NFL? Not with what I am seeing out of him.

Meanwhile you have Ford and Blankenship (Eagles) running around like their jobs depended on it.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought he was trying to tell Q where to go and Q was not listening/hearing/seeing. And then Jaire was completely confused as to where Q was going to go. As was I. Would have been best if he could have handed the ball to Jaire early in the runback.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't with MLF anymore. If he can't see the problem that everyone outside of 1265 Lombardi Ave. can, he needs to go as well.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holding out hope that that's just a bit of a non-answer (i.e. he didn't exactly say "No, we won't be making any changes" either). If not...where does the accountability start? Someone has to take responsibility and I'm tired of hearing the same old tired out "We have to be better and it starts with me" or whatever.

LaFleur's loyalty to Drayton cost us a playoff game last year and if he doesn't make some changes his loyalty to Barry may well end up costing him his job.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
At some point something has to change. Capers, Pettine and now Berry they all suck or sucked.

The last two were part of 0-16 teams its time to STOP. If someone was part of ****** record dont hire them....

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry is a clueless loser. I wonder what the Packers' record for most yards given up in a game. Barry has got to be close if not the worst. He needs to go NOW!

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to know someone else is noticing it too. Honestly, I haven't been able to not see it for most of the season. Not sure if he is afraid of getting injured or he has just decided to only be responsible for the area of the field he is assigned to. Even that part, he didn't do all that great last night. I still think he is a good CB, but best in the NFL? Not with what I am seeing out of him.

Meanwhile you have Ford and Blankenship (Eagles) running around like their jobs depended on it.
In Jaire's defense he did have a serious shoulder injury last year. I think he's not interested in going back on the IR.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently from his press conference comments MLF doesn't think there's a problem with Barry.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In Jaire's defense he did have a serious shoulder injury last year. I think he's not interested in going back on the IR.
Given the massive amount of money he is being paid, playing soft and scared the rest of his career, isn’t a player I'd want to have on my team.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not just 364 rushing yards…
500 total yards
29 first downs
79 offensive plays (to Packers 49)

A complete disappointment. I don’t know how MLF can keep defending it (no pun intended).

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a coaching fraternity. When are any of these guys going to throw any other coach under the bus mid season for coaching performance at a press conference.

Pretty sure Joe Barry would have to literally eat a puppy on the 50 yard line at halftime to be fired midseason by MLF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts