Fire Joe Barry -- Updated -- he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I too have been AMAZED at how much better the Defense has played. I join the others in eating my share of the crow pie. I think the disappointment in past Packer defenses have caused a lot of the snap judgment of Barry. I do wish the injury bug has bitten the Packers a bit too much so far this Season. Hope that turns around after the bye. See I can play nice—-of course just having an emergency appendectomy last Friday mellowed me out some too!!! Lol

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Joe Barry was hired, I was glad Petine was gone but didn't know much about him and reserved my judgement. Before he is either denigrated or crowned, give the guy a chance to prove himself. That takes an entire year IMO. So far so good but it may be prudent to wait until the chips fall over the entire season and playoffs to proclaim him either a failure or success.

Reaction score
A Packers win all but guarantees the Vikings won't win the division but with them currently being only a half game out a playoff spot it hardly eliminates them from contention.
No it doesn’t eliminate them

However let’s be realistic. A 4-6 season start and they are back against the wall

Last year, in the AFC, Miami was eliminated with just 6 losses. Only 1 team in the league made it into postseason with more than 6 losses (Chicago) them’s not good odds.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Joe Barry has some tricks for this week. The offense is so banged up getting 20 points will be tough. The defense will need to carry the team on Sunday.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hope Joe Barry has some tricks for this week. The offense is so banged up getting 20 points will be tough. The defense will need to carry the team on Sunday.
I think the Defense is more banged up than the offense.

It is time to get the offense moving and scoring more than 21.6 pts/game.

Reaction score
How 'bout something like "The evolution of opinions on Joe Barry"
That would probably open it up to death threats. Lets just keep it at a simple hiring or firing or occasional beating :whistling:

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We dropped 4 pickable balls. D did not win it for us but I don’t put it on them any more than the O not playing well at key times or Crosby missing a chip shot…. Team loss. I think both the offense AND defense flashed potential that with a few guys back they CAN compete in the post season tournament … gotta get healthy and hot at the right time just like we did in 2010…. Very doable

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The quickest way to lose a football game is to drop an interception. Savage dropped the ball and the game. Defense was torched but without Akexander, that is what happens withour a #1 cb that can shut down a #1 wr. Joe Barry gets a free ride for the rest of the season in my opinion. His best players are on the bench.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We dropped 4 pickable balls. D did not win it for us but I don’t put it on them any more than the O not playing well at key times or Crosby missing a chip shot…. Team loss. I think both the offense AND defense flashed potential that with a few guys back they CAN compete in the post season tournament … gotta get healthy and hot at the right time just like we did in 2010…. Very doable
Sorry, but the gotta get healty wish just aint happenig. The team gets less healthy every week. Face it, injuries are just decimating this team.

Reaction score
Sorry, but the gotta get healty wish just aint happenig. The team gets less healthy every week. Face it, injuries are just decimating this team.
Well we’ve certainly been spoiled with injuries. We have 1 more home contest vs Rams and then a much needed bye week (followed by 3 of 5 at Lambeau)
We have several players that didn’t play today that are not designated season ending. Aaron Jones, Rashan Gary, Za’Darius Smith, J’aire Alexander, David Bakhtiari to list a few. You give any team the bulk of those players down the stretch and it changed the entire dynamic

That said. This game was played @US Bank stadium with a QB still recovering from covid..cough cough… I mean a hurt toe :whistling: We played without several key members, including 1 of our best Offensive AND best Defensive players. The mere fact we just went toe to toe is impressive. This was one of our hardest 3 remaining contests of the last 7 weeks and we played very evenly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Every week teams have injuries… get past them or go home
Obviously no one knows what the future holds. Ill be praying for Elgton, he’s a big part of our success upfront. Beyond that, if we can get through next week without losing anyone for once? We should have 4+ starters back going down the final 5 game stretch, plus possibly another one in the playoffs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously no one knows what the future holds. Ill be praying for Elgton, he’s a big part of our success upfront. Beyond that, if we can get through next week without losing anyone for once? We should have 4+ starters back going down the final 5 game stretch, plus possibly another one in the playoffs.
Believe he has acl

I am not sure we get anyone other than Jones and Gary back

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every week teams have injuries… get past them or go home

Id agree but at this point theyre stacking up at the top of our roster.

If you were to ask me who our top 10 players are in no order I would say: Rodgers, Adams, Jones, Bak, Jenkins, Jaire, Z, Clark, Amos, and Gary. Half of those guys were missing today and one went out in the game. Rodgers has missed a game. Adams has missed a game. Thats not including our depth being taken out at positions all at once like MVS being down with Adams and Lazard out, Mercilus out already down Z and Gary. Jones out when we just lost Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts