Fire Joe Barry -- Updated -- he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Ill tell ya, you'd think with Wikipedia being invented people around here would know how to at least use that to look up Barry's history
Hey, if you`re going to snipe, at least be a man and do it directly to me. I don`t give a **** about previous jobs, I`d prefer to give a damn chance. You have a nice day though.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, if you`re going to snipe, at least be a man and do it directly to me. I don`t give a **** about previous jobs, I`d prefer to give a damn chance. You have a nice day though.

Exactly and that is your problem. Barry has had his chance so ohhh ohhh he gotta go!!!

KaChingggg

D

Deleted member 6794

The middle linebackers need to be lined up in a traditional manner. That is not too deep and both in the middle. They need to be looking for holes in the line both for stopping the run and blitzing. And they need to be able to move laterally for the end runs. But I think the linebackers have to be in the middle and not too deep to begin with. Barnes will be good. If we keep those inside linebackers in pass mode; then I don't think they will look very good and you will say that we just don't have talent.

While the Packers lining up that way would most likely improve their defense against the run it would make them more vulnerable against the pass and opponents would take advantage of it.

By inside I mean basically within or on the two DEs. And I disagree we can only use one. I think, for example, that Tampa Bay uses two middle linebackers. We need one to cover one side and the other to cover the other side imho.

Unfortunately the Packers don't have inside linebackers anywhere near as talented as the Bucs.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Packers don't have inside linebackers anywhere near as talented as the Bucs.
The Bucs have a couple of great linebackers for sure, especially White. But imho we are gonna have to rely on ours to make up for the interior line. And I think we need two. We will also have to take some calculated risks with blitzing. And if the D line can at least spread the blockers out a little; one of the linebackers could blitz. We'll see how they are positioned this next game and of course, going forward. What we did last game is not going to make it...against anyone.

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously what the f***king hell is with this stupid "first day at work" bulls**t? THIS IS NOT JOE BARRY'S FIRST ANYTHING!!!

Enough of this BS already and man, some posters really need the word "retread" bashed into their heads with
Seriously what the f***king hell is with this stupid "first day at work" bulls**t? THIS IS NOT JOE BARRY'S FIRST ANYTHING!!!

Enough of this BS already and man, some posters really need the word "retread" bashed into their heads with a 2x4.
Sorry guy! I was just kidding around. You really need to take a chill pill or something. You seem to be wound a little too tight. I am sure the D will get this figured out and get much better starting on Monday.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If the Lions run up a big score then its going to be a huge problem. Then it will be like it was before, Rodgers needing to score on every possession to win a game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Lions run up a big score then its going to be a huge problem. Then it will be like it was before, Rodgers needing to score on every possession to win a game.
Could have to happen.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In some games coming up I definitely think we're looking at it. Not sure about Detroit but wouldn't rule it out.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Bucs have a couple of great linebackers for sure, especially White. But imho we are gonna have to rely on ours to make up for the interior line. And I think we need two. We will also have to take some calculated risks with blitzing. And if the D line can at least spread the blockers out a little; one of the linebackers could blitz. We'll see how they are positioned this next game and of course, going forward. What we did last game is not going to make it...against anyone.

I agree the Packers would hugely benefit from having inside linebackers capable of making up for a lack of talent on the defensive line. Unfortunately I don't believe the team has an ILB talented enough to do so, let alone two of them.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The FO has hardly invested in the DL or ILB spots over the last few years and yet some fans still believe we're loaded with talent.

The Panthers aren't scrubs on D. That's for sure.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The FO has hardly invested in the DL or ILB spots over the last few years and yet some fans still believe we're loaded with talent.

Would not say we are loaded with talent there. But I hate that we are the worst (it seems like) for making in game changes. And honestly, I don't think we use our players in the best way. And that is not just this year though I'm plenty worried. We out think ourselves. Play chess and should be playing checkers.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I ask myself. We gave Pettine 3 years. He was not great. Sometimes completely beaten up and sometimes not too bad. But how many seasons did we give Capers? His defense had only one decent season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ask myself. We gave Pettine 3 years. He was not great. Sometimes completely beaten up and sometimes not too bad. But how many seasons did we give Capers? His defense had only one decent season.
That was because of McCarthy imo

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers had a top 10 defense twice under Capers. Aside of the 2010 season the unit finished seventh in points allowed in 2009 as well. Unfortunately they failed to get the job done in the playoffs against the Cardinals that year.

Sadly, the team hasn't featured a defense that ranked that high ever since.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers had a top 10 defense twice under Capers. Aside of the 2010 season the unit finished seventh in points allowed in 2009 as well. Unfortunately they failed to get the job done in the playoffs against the Cardinals that year.

Sadly, the team hasn't featured a defense that ranked that high ever since.
Capers inherited some of the players when he came. Woodson, Collins, Hawk, Tramon, Pickett, and I believe Bishop. Was fortunate to get Matthews in 2009. 2009 and 2010 our offense was developing. Our D went downhill right after.

D

Deleted member 6794

Capers inherited some of the players when he came. Woodson, Collins, Hawk, Tramon, Pickett, and I believe Bishop.

While that's true the defense struggled before Capers arrived, finishing 22nd in points allowed the previous season.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of of fans wanted the last 2 DC's fired, and many are already calling for the head of Barry. That being said, is the reason for our sub-par defense because of the DC's or lack of good defensive players?
Bingo!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers inherited some of the players when he came. Woodson, Collins, Hawk, Tramon, Pickett, and I believe Bishop. Was fortunate to get Matthews in 2009. 2009 and 2010 our offense was developing. Our D went downhill right after.

Wimm subscribes to the idea that it was a lack of talent bedeviling Capers, but he ignores that despite the offense receiving a minority of the overall draft picks and really not receiving any first round selections after Derek Sherrod in 2011 that for some strange reason superb talent was developed out of that limited pool of offensive draft picks. David Bakhtiari went on to become arguably the best LT in the league and became the first Packer since Forrest Gregg to receive 5 All American nods. Davante Adams is if not the best wide receiver in the league the second best. Corey Linsley became an All Pro Center. Aaron Jones is widely regarded as a top 5 running back.

Then you have the merely effective offensive players drafted like:

Eddie Lacy, Jamaal Williams, Randall Cobb and JC Tretter among others.

For some bizarre reason the FO forgot how to draft, but only routinely failed when drafting defensive players.

The REALITY is that FOs and Sports journalists refer to draft and DEVELOPMENT for a reason. Drafting is only part of the equation, the other part is what a coaching staff does with its players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts