Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a *******!!

Another thing rookies have to get used to is the speed..They cant not practice that until they reach the NFL and it they have to get used to that as well

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Definitely not a *******. A ******* wouldn't have bothered to ask. I had to ask a lot of questions to figure out rugby whenever I first started learning about it. Granted understanding american football was a big help.

Reaction score
Remember Mike McCarthy's first game as head coach.... 0 - 26 home opener.... since then, we've won a superbowl and have had one of the more explosive offenses in the last half decade. Dom is a good coach, he's managed to macgyver us a good'ish scheme that's worked so far, imagine what he'd be able to do in his first 3 years if he had more than just Clay Matthews.

L

Lunchboxer

Untill he starts crapping out again does he have my permission to be fired.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that this thread is ridiculous. Capers is a good defensive coordinator. The only comment that I have about last night's defensive turnaround is that it was less about scheme and more about the players wanting it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think that this thread is ridiculous. Capers is a good defensive coordinator. The only comment that I have about last night's defensive turnaround is that it was less about scheme and more about the players wanting it.

And, I'm not so sure about the secondary yet. Sure the D looked good, but it was the Bears O line and Cutler. That's like the Viking fans bragging they beat the Jaguars in overtime.

Don't get me wrong, if we went 14 and 2 and the only two wins were against the Bears, it would be a great consolation and something to be happy about. But I'm still not sold on the D. I want to see them consistently look like they did last night.

Reaction score
I don't get how TT doesn't hesitate to get rid of players who are not performing. Yet he is keeping Capers around when he is showing mediocre coaching. This defense has talent, but is lacking fundamentals badly. He is over complicating the defense for them and are constantly being caught in the wrong place or blown coverages. Collins and Jenkins helped make Capers in 2010. Now that he has to coach up some new players , this defense is a joke. Get Capers out now while the season is young and we can make something out of it or it will be a long year. Other offenses in our division only got better. We need to go back to the 4-3 defense and toughen this defense up, make other players hurt and think twice before running it up the middle
Funny how you haven't posted anything since the game yesterday. Without the Packers offense turning the ball over, the Packers defense would have let up no touchdowns. And this Bears offense was supposedly better than our offense.

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how you haven't posted anything since the game yesterday. Without the Packers offense turning the ball over, the Packers defense would have let up no touchdowns. And this Bears offense was supposedly better than our offense.
Sorry I don't spend 24/7 on this forum. I admit that defense played pretty good yesterday. But I still don't like and don't want Capers. These defense has had way more crappy games than good games in the last year. So Im not sold.If it wasn't for Mathews Playing like a mad man yesterday and Cutler crumbling like a little girl. Bears had several drop balls that could have easily turned that game around. Still saw some of the trailing receivers and a bit of confusion going on. A good QB would have still picked them apart. (I don't consider Cuntler a good QB)

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry I don't spend 24/7 on this forum. I admit that defense played pretty good yesterday. But I still don't like and don't want Capers. These defense has had way more crappy games than good games in the last year.

This defense has played 2 games. It's a very different defense than they played last year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Too soon, should have waited a few more days. "So, uh, haven't seen you around for a while. Any particular reason?"

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think players make Capers. Even when Mathews was getting double teamed he was a beast. I think someone like the giants and Eli could pick this defense apart. Many times those players were still placed in wrong spots and trailing the Bears receivers. Luckily they had the droppies and Cutler decided to give us plenty of gifts. I dont see Eli giving us all those gifts and many of the Giants receivers dropping that many balls. I use Giants as an example because I think they'll be someone we will have to face again in the post season

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I still think players make Capers. Even when Mathews was getting double teamed he was a beast. I think someone like the giants and Eli could pick this defense apart. Many times those players were still placed in wrong spots and trailing the Bears receivers. Luckily they had the droppies and Cutler decided to give us plenty of gifts. I dont see Eli giving us all those gifts and many of the Giants receivers dropping that many balls. I use Giants as an example because I think they'll be someone we will have to face again in the post season
No you use the Giants as an example because you think it will cause an uproar. Just admit it. Otherwise you would have said Stafford, Ryan, Brees, etc.

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those guys commit too many INTs and try to force the ball too much. I would use maybe Brady. Peyton. Eli as QBs who don't really make stupid mistakes on a regular basis

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

And you know this how, exactly? Do you really think they didn't "want it" when we played the 49ers? That's just preposterous.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Luckily they had the droppies and Cutler decided to give us plenty of gifts. I dont see Eli giving us all those gifts and many of the Giants receivers dropping that many balls

Victor Cruz had three drops last week. Nicks and Hixon had one apiece too.

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cant find Eli's post season stats. But I'm pretty sure when it matters in the playoffs those stats are better off. But if it makes you feel better, I will just say the top 5 QBs in the nfl will pick apart this defense

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Cant find Eli's post season stats. But I'm pretty sure when it matters in the playoffs those stats are better off. But if it makes you feel better, I will just say the top 5 QBs in the nfl will pick apart this defense
That's because Eli reaches into his bag of tricks. I'll give him the title of sneakiest QB in the NFL, he's good at getting defenses to make mistakes. It's really all he's good at. It does make me feel better, petty victories always do. It also makes me smug that you didn't go top 10: I Like my chances against the top 5, since that narrows it down to 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts