1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Capers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by azrsx05, Sep 9, 2012.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Not a dumbass!!

Another thing rookies have to get used to is the speed..They cant not practice that until they reach the NFL and it they have to get used to that as well

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Definitely not a dumbass. A dumbass wouldn't have bothered to ask. I had to ask a lot of questions to figure out rugby whenever I first started learning about it. Granted understanding american football was a big help.

3. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,383
    You'd have to be a Bears fan to be a dumbass.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    Remember Mike McCarthy's first game as head coach.... 0 - 26 home opener.... since then, we've won a superbowl and have had one of the more explosive offenses in the last half decade. Dom is a good coach, he's managed to macgyver us a good'ish scheme that's worked so far, imagine what he'd be able to do in his first 3 years if he had more than just Clay Matthews.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    So..............

After ONE game Capers is an idiot?

What is he now

• Like Like x 2
  6. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Improving? Sorry, couldn resist lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    He rules right now.

Until the Packers defense shows struggles again in some game then he can be fired again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Untill he starts crapping out again does he have my permission to be fired.

9. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,472
    I think that this thread is ridiculous. Capers is a good defensive coordinator. The only comment that I have about last night's defensive turnaround is that it was less about scheme and more about the players wanting it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,383
    And, I'm not so sure about the secondary yet. Sure the D looked good, but it was the Bears O line and Cutler. That's like the Viking fans bragging they beat the Jaguars in overtime.

Don't get me wrong, if we went 14 and 2 and the only two wins were against the Bears, it would be a great consolation and something to be happy about. But I'm still not sold on the D. I want to see them consistently look like they did last night.

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    love the overreaction of the board.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Funny how you haven't posted anything since the game yesterday. Without the Packers offense turning the ball over, the Packers defense would have let up no touchdowns. And this Bears offense was supposedly better than our offense.

13. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Seems like not as many people post when we win. :D

14. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    Sorry I don't spend 24/7 on this forum. I admit that defense played pretty good yesterday. But I still don't like and don't want Capers. These defense has had way more crappy games than good games in the last year. So Im not sold.If it wasn't for Mathews Playing like a mad man yesterday and Cutler crumbling like a little girl. Bears had several drop balls that could have easily turned that game around. Still saw some of the trailing receivers and a bit of confusion going on. A good QB would have still picked them apart. (I don't consider Cuntler a good QB)

15. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    This defense has played 2 games. It's a very different defense than they played last year.

16. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Too soon, should have waited a few more days. "So, uh, haven't seen you around for a while. Any particular reason?"

17. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    I still think players make Capers. Even when Mathews was getting double teamed he was a beast. I think someone like the giants and Eli could pick this defense apart. Many times those players were still placed in wrong spots and trailing the Bears receivers. Luckily they had the droppies and Cutler decided to give us plenty of gifts. I dont see Eli giving us all those gifts and many of the Giants receivers dropping that many balls. I use Giants as an example because I think they'll be someone we will have to face again in the post season

18. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    No you use the Giants as an example because you think it will cause an uproar. Just admit it. Otherwise you would have said Stafford, Ryan, Brees, etc.

19. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    Those guys commit too many INTs and try to force the ball too much. I would use maybe Brady. Peyton. Eli as QBs who don't really make stupid mistakes on a regular basis

20. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5526/eli-manning. Because averaging a pick per game isn't a regular basis. Fail.

21. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    And you know this how, exactly? Do you really think they didn't "want it" when we played the 49ers? That's just preposterous.

22. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Victor Cruz had three drops last week. Nicks and Hixon had one apiece too.

23. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    Cant find Eli's post season stats. But I'm pretty sure when it matters in the playoffs those stats are better off. But if it makes you feel better, I will just say the top 5 QBs in the nfl will pick apart this defense

24. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    That's because Eli reaches into his bag of tricks. I'll give him the title of sneakiest QB in the NFL, he's good at getting defenses to make mistakes. It's really all he's good at. It does make me feel better, petty victories always do. It also makes me smug that you didn't go top 10: I Like my chances against the top 5, since that narrows it down to 4.

25. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Such a lier! The forum shows when the last time you were on the page, and what forum you are reading. I saw you on the forum after the game was over.