Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense did NOT lose this game. MM and AR did. 3 plays. 3 lousy plays cost the packers. right before half Mm call TO. The AR throws ball OB. leads to a 63 yard FG. Then AR throws int right after packers get ball back after Cobb return and defense forcing 3 and out. costs 7 points. Total of 10 points. packers lost by 8. Again it all falls on MM and AR. To think otherwise means you wear rose colored glasses

Did you watch the game? The Packers offense could barely move the ball on the 49ers defense all day...

Cali's#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KNEEJERK!

49ers are probably the best team this year. We'll demolish the Bears in 4 days.

Hope we don't blow coverages like we did on moss on several occasions, otherwise Marshall will get off on us.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh yea, add 3rd and 1 and throw 70 yards, and 4th and 10 and throw 40. great percentage there.

Lol, the 49ers only allowed 15 points on the defensive side...while the Packers defense ALLOWED 30 points. Your argument fails...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its sad when you have a db put more pressure on the qb then anyone on the dline. If woodson or matthewss dont hit home then we make average qbs look all pro. Oh and i forgot to mention we cant stop the run either. Pathetic

We had 4 sacks against possibly the best OL in the NFL. What more do you want? Woodson has always been a part of our pass rush, so that's nothing new.

W

wxman2005

Lol, the 49ers only allowed 15 points on the defensive side...while the Packers defense ALLOWED 30 points. Your argument fails...
Yea, when you throw 70 yards on 3rd and 1 and 40 on 4th and ten, you likely wont give up many points.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, when you throw 70 yards on 3rd and 1 and 40 on 4th and ten, you likely wont give up many points.

You are taking things on context, the 49ers defense DOMINATED the line of scrimmage all day...

You can only find 2 measly plays...

T

TheLogoApproach

Hope we don't blow coverages like we did on moss on several occasions, otherwise Marshall will get off on us.
Marshall and Cutler were getting in a rhythm today once Freeney left the game. Cutler needs to be constantly pressured, and then he will turn into the stereotypical Bears quarterback, sack, incompletion, interception.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It doesn't look like the loss of Collins has been adequately addressed and the Niner receivers were open all over the place. Bush couldn't cover a picnic table with a checkered cloth. Send him back to special teams and bring in some real talent.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Cali's#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense did NOT lose this game. MM and AR did. 3 plays. 3 lousy plays cost the packers. right before half Mm call TO. The AR throws ball OB. leads to a 63 yard FG. Then AR throws int right after packers get ball back after Cobb return and defense forcing 3 and out. costs 7 points. Total of 10 points. packers lost by 8. Again it all falls on MM and AR. To think otherwise means you wear rose colored glasses

I cant believe you lasted that long. I nearly threw my recliner at the tv by the 3rd quarter.

We stopped them in their first series, then they scored on 6 consecutive drives. Tha'ts all defense my friend.

W

wxman2005

You are taking things on context, the 49ers defense DOMINATED the line of scrimmage all day...

You can only find 2 measly plays...
Um, more than 2. add bad call at end of first half using TO. AR throwing ball away on third down to stop clock. AR int in 4th. And how many bad calls did 9ers makes? zero. 10 points. bad calling cost packers 10 points. This is not brain surgery. it is very very simple.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Were you not aware that the 49ers have the best defense? We have a lot of young blood on defense. They will improve throughout the season. The pass rush is already MUCH improved over last year. Last year we would have been lucky to get ONE sack against their OL.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, more than 2. add bad call at end of first half using TO. AR throwing ball away on third down to stop clock. AR int in 4th. And how many bad calls did 9ers makes? zero. 10 points. bad calling cost packers 10 points. This is not brain surgery. it is very very simple.

Either way you look at it though, the Packers still lost.

W

wxman2005

I cant believe you lasted that long. I nearly threw my recliner at the tv by the 3rd quarter.

We stopped them in their first series, then they scored on 6 consecutive drives. Tha'ts all defense my friend.
When offense puts defense on field all day because they cant catch balls, have penalties, turnovers and still only lose by 8, sounds like defense did all they could. MM was horrendous at play calling. Kept trying to run Cedric the entertainer, didn't even bother with hurry up offense and so on

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were you not aware that the 49ers have the best defense? We have a lot of young blood on defense. They will improve throughout the season. The pass rush is already MUCH improved over last year. Last year we would have been lucky to get ONE sack against their OL.

Yeah I am well aware the 49ers have a better defense...that is why they won today.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Officiating wasn't why we lost. Did you forget the missed block in the back on Cobb's TD? BTW, the "pro" refs miss calls too. And likewise, there's always a few asshats who blame them after every game too. Nothing new. I've seen far worse officiating than today. The 18 penalty game against the Bears comes to mind.

Cali's#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Very good point. I hope your right.

I think what it comes down to is their dominant defense. Being able to put 4 in the box and still collapse the pocket on us.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't look like the loss of Collins has been adequately addressed and the Niner receivers were open all over the place. Bush couldn't cover a picnic table with a checkered cloth. Send him back to special teams and bring in some real talent.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
True but what effect do you think the Packer offense had to do with the outcome?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nick perry was bought in to help the pass rush so unless hes blitzing he needs to be on the sideline until he can cover sombody. He looked terrible in coverage. Id attack him every time.

Until Morgan Burnett learns to tackle, perhaps he should sit too. He could have tackled Gore at the 3 yard line. He didn't even try. Instead, he bumped him with his shoulder. I hope he got an ear full for that one.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any chance we switch back to the 4-3?

We have better personel for it this year and it appears that the Packers and Patriots (both 3-4's) are falling behind teams on defense like the 49ers (4-3's)

But where my argument gets thrown out the window is the Steelers. Though they have struggled in the playoffs.

W

wxman2005

Jeff Saturday...great signing. Cedric the entertainer...great signing. TT should have retired.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the Pack don't win Thursday night, it is definitely time to panic. Can't open the season 0-2 with both losses coming at home.

I get the impression that you don't understand just how good SF is this year. A lot of people have them winning the Super Bowl. This game could have gone either way and today it went theirs. There is absolutely NO SHAME in losing to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts