1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Fire Capers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by azrsx05, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    all good points and to some it was more obvious than to others.. i just thought it was a good little tidbid of info, take what you want from it

2. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I'm not a blind homer but I'm not a child ranting for the firing of a man after that man took the worst statistical defense in one year and making it the top 3rd in the league with a bunch of rookies the next.

Damned right I'm a flag worshipper and a veteran to boot. I don't deny you the right to whine about the greatest country in the history of the world but I'll look at you as a fool when you do.
    And more to the point I don't give one dipsy damn if you find me annoying. It's interesting you've never served the country but take full advantage to complain about it. You've also never worked for the Green Bay Packers but you sure as heck do take full license when being critical of both.
    To me? People like you are annoying.

So because I don't shout, stomp my feet and scream for the firing of a good man's job I need to have my head examined? Overreact much?

I say it with the confidence in a team that has shown regular success over the past several years. There isn't any single reason to doubt it.
    You're the type of person that expect the worst out of everybody aren't you? You don't like your mama and papa and your teachers didn't know squat and your boss is a nitpicky jerk right?
    Everything else in the world is full of garbage but ole' Southpaw has it correct.
    Your overreaction to a normal part of the NFL life is juvenile champ. Only one team wins the championship each year. Admit it, you don't think expecting the Packers to win the title every year isn't a bit unrealistic? It seems that if anybody is juvenile it's those fans who didn't watch the Packers through all the 70's and 80's. It would have taught you some appreciation for what a fine organization the Packers are and what a fantastic franchise and great fanbase it is. Most don't rant like you, we get it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,790
    Whoa........I didn`t watch the Packers in the 70`s either. Everybody is entitled to express an opinion. I really enjoy this forum, but aren`t we all supposed to follow the same team ?? why do things have to get so personal ?? lighten up guys please ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    It's been over 3 weeks. How are the staff evaluations going?? It shouldn't take 3 weeks to make a decision on parting ways with Lovat and the same with Campen. Capers may legitimately take longer to evaluate as there was some good here and there to consider along with the very bad but the other 2 should have hit the road long ago.

5. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,790
    Why Lovat and Campen ?? Kevin Greene didn`t exactly inspire anybody this year either. The WHOLE organisation needs to look at itself in my opinion or we will always be the bridesmaids and never the bride. The 3 - 4 defence worked for us originally, but obviously not now teams can adapt to it. Don`t ask me how I would change things because I honestly don`t know, but I think its a bit lousy to make those two the sacrificial lambs IMHO

6. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    There have been way too many soft tissue injuries in Lovat's 3 years. The players also look a step slower and smaller than other teams. The injuries though are inexcusable. Yes some of them are freak and will happen but the hamstring pulls are bs and unacceptable.

The o-line has been average to poor over Campen's tenure. I don't want to hear the injury excuse. There are still communication problems with blocking assignments and a lack of overall development with many of the guys. I can't tell you how many times the lineman blows an assignment mentally and then turns around and throws a lookout block. He has been around for years and has done absolutely nothing to warrant returning....except be friends with MM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,790
    but soft tissue injuries will occur all the time in a contact sport like football surely ? I take your point about the Campen situation, but I still believe they ALL need to look at themselves and ask "did I do enough ?", and if they are honest, no they didn`t. We`ll have to agree to disagree on the sacking situation, although I do believe right from the top downwards, next season you`re job is on the line. And as regards players being smaller ?, isn`t that the scouts fault for choosing them in the first place ?

8. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    Contact injuries happen but the hamstring stuff has become an epidemic and is generally from undertraining, overtraining, improper training, uneducated supplement usage or inability to recover from training. Those things are all under Lovat's umbrella.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    So was Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year in 2011

10. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    You are aware that most times the athletic training staff of the year/conditioning coach of the year go to the team that won the super bowl or had a great playoff run. It has very little to do with how good they are at there job as there is no tangible measurement.

11. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    So what are you using as a measurement?

12. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    You can add up all the negatives and it shows your are not doing a good job.

It's kind of like if you don't know the name of a ref or umpire it usually means they are doing a good job. The same really holds true with your strength staff. When things are good you only hear about them in a fluff/feelgood story.

13. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    OK, but you're using injuries in the NFL as a yardstick for negatives? Who hasn't been conditioned this year? Who hasn't been at their strongest? Injuries happen no matter how you prepare for it in workouts. Just part of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    The hamstring epidemic is not part of the game. That comes from the preparation.

15. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,790
    But what conditioning training could stop hamstring injuries ? I don`t know of any sorry. Some humans are prone to certain injuries. I`m no athlete but I`ve had two hamstring injuries that I know of. I`m not disrespecting your opinion, but I dont think anything can help this kind of thing, even stretching exercises.

16. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    There's some truth in both positions regarding hamstrings. Getting muscle bound can make it more likely, but mostly they just happen - and yes, more to some people than others - for no obvious reason.

As for the base topic - Firing Capers, I would liken Capers and his schemes to an addiction at this point. With the front 7 personnel that the Packers have, they need his gimmicks and weirdness just to be competitive on D. We need more toughness and meanness. I thought a few years ago that Raji would help, but he has turned out to be mostly blubber and finesse. If Capers needs to be fired, it's more because of his possible influence on personnel decisions than his schemes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    As players get bigger and faster, the forces on the musculotendinous units increase. Add to this the emphasis on weight lifting and the forces are even greater. The result is increasing muscle pulls and tears, including hamstring, quadriceps, biceps, triceps, pectoral, etc. Maybe supplements play a role as well. I believe all trainers emphasize flexibility exercises to minimize the possibility of tears, but they are common in all current athletes involved in running, jumping, and cutting activities. The Packers have been hit hard by them, and have changed their strength and conditioning director 4 times since 1999. Lovet is well educated and knows as much as anyone about the business. I suspect he spends all of his time trying to prevent soft tissue injury. I think we've just had a string of bad luck the last few years.

18. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Didn't someone indicate Greene was getting a gig somewhere else? :)

19. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,790
    Don`t know mate. Didn`t hear anything at the time of posting the post in question.

20. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,434
    It seems too long since someone was up in arms about firing Capers. Come on!

21. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,777
    Wait for the first play in SF game that Kapernick picks up a yard.

Who am I kidding? Wait for the first play in our first preseason game where Jones doesn't sack the QB and is called a bust and Capers should be fired.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  22. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    That's not enough. I say fire every single coach, every single player and start to grab FAs to make the team. A healthy overhaul can do wonders for a roster.
    Amazing draft so far. How the heck can you doubt this guy? I don't care about the rest of the doubters, watch tomorrow's haul. Goodness, people have to recollect how poor it can be to be a fan of a poor team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,040
    People should be required to follow the jets for a few seasons.

Wait... I used to see a lot of those jets hats around wi ... I wonder what happened

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +357
    The prima donna with the Messiah complex who fell in love with the sound of his own name quit again, then came out of retirement again and joined the Queens. Then the Favre sycophants started wearing Viking jerseys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +965
    I see alot of brand new 9er's, hats, decals and license plate frames here in So Cal. Niners fans are much like Cicada's, They only crawl out of the ground when the team starts winning. I really Really need for us to beat them.