Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those who want to know who we would replace Capers with, I'd replace him with Keith Butler.

That SHOULD be a pretty seamless transition.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovie is 4-3 guy..

Our players are 3-4 and invested into this scheme..

So what players do we keep, and what ones do we dump..Who do we hire?

Like to know your plan

I like the idea in theory but not reality. He would parlay this into another HC gig after 1 year. He isn't just 4-3 he is tampa 2 and he can't run it without a 3 technique. Clay would have to be traded and again he would leave after 1 year and he won't be a DC anyways when he is getting 5 mil to sit on his *** next year if he doesnt get a HC job.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if Rodgers, Nelson and Jones were out 90% of the year..Would we get as far as we did, or would we only score about 10 points a game???

Think long and hard about that and how it compares to the d and the 3rd stringers we have starting..Then re read your question

Capers had enough talent to at least give the players you mentioned some time on the field tonight.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
For those who want to know who we would replace Capers with, I'd replace him with Keith Butler.

That SHOULD be a pretty seamless transition.

There is an answer instead of the tired fire him..

kaiser7ko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a massive fan of knee jerk reactions but lets be honest this has been chronicled over the last 2 years that Capers Defensive scheming just ain't getting the job done. It seems to feast on incompetent offenses but get feasted on by even semi competent offenses. Just look towards the debacles such as the Giants game earlier in the season and tonight for prime examples. Now I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know who the man to solve this current debacle is but imo that man is no longer Dom Capers.

And the excuse about injuries doesn't wash with me as a reason to keep him here. We had a almost a full team week 1 against San Fran and still couldn't stop them in our own back yard. And that was without the added headache of Kaepernick to deal with. This D just hasn't shown any real signs of improving despite being given 2 years grace I feel. We have been completely bullied the last 2 playoff games we've played and something in that regard needs to change and I feel that starts on defence.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a massive fan of knee jerk reactions but lets be honest this has been chronicled over the last 2 years that Capers Defensive scheming just ain't getting the job done. It seems to feast on incompetent offenses but get feasted on by even semi competent offenses. Just look towards the debacles such as the Giants game earlier in the season and tonight for prime examples. Now I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know who the man to solve this current debacle is but imo that man is no longer Dom Capers.

And the excuse about injuries doesn't wash with me as a reason to keep him here. We had a almost a full team week 1 against San Fran and still couldn't stop them in our own back yard. And that was without the added headache of Kaepernick to deal with. This D just hasn't shown any real signs of improving despite being given 2 years grace I feel. We have been completely bullied the last 2 playoff games we've played and something in that regard needs to change and I feel that starts on defence.

I didnt say keep him here..

I said he didnt have the talent to make it work..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea in theory but not reality. He would parlay this into another HC gig after 1 year. He isn't just 4-3 he is tampa 2 and he can't run it without a 3 technique. Clay would have to be traded and again he would leave after 1 year and he won't be a DC anyways when he is getting 5 mil to sit on his *** next year if he doesnt get a HC job.

That is what I am saying..People want Lovie but dont know how disruptive that would be

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovie is 4-3 guy..

Like to know your plan
Lovie is 4-3 guy..

Like to know your plan

I don't think we are too bad of a start if we went 3-4. We have Picket and Raji who I think could adapt well. Make Mathews a DE and the secondary and CBs I think could adapt easier. A 4-3 defense is a more simple system. 3-4 is too finesse. A defense should not be finesse. We just need a little more size.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So you think Capers needs all pros at every position to make his scheme work. Actually kaiser answered the question very well though.

Still not answering my ?

Your deflecting still

if Rodgers, Nelson and Jones were out 90% of the year..Would we get as far as we did, or would we only score about 10 points a game???

Think long and hard about that and how it compares to the d and the 3rd stringers we have starting..Then re read your question

Nelson and Jones not all pro are they??

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think we are too bad of a start if we went 3-4. We have Picket and Raji who I think could adapt well. Make Mathews a DE and the secondary and CBs I think could adapt easier. A 4-3 defense is a more simple system. 3-4 is too finesse. A defense should not be finesse. We just need a little more size.

Clay a DE?? Seriously?

12theTruth

Starting line up

cj wilson
dez moses
brad jones
Eric walden

Still think thats talent?

Morgan Burnett is a high round pick, Woodson is a number one. Raji, Matthews, Hawk, all number ones. Perry coming back is a number 1. Hayward is a Number 2 pick. Lots of talent with some lesser role players. Lots to work with by no means a talentless roster.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Morgan Burnett is a high round pick, Woodson is a number one. Raji, Matthews, Hawk, all number ones. Perry coming back is a number 1. Hayward is a Number 2 pick. Lots of talent with some lesser role players. Lots to work with by no means a talentless roster.

since it is getting lost..

My point is those players I listed are not starting caliper players..That is ONE reason the D sucks..

Not saying the true starters in there makes this a #1 defense..But it would help a ton..

Since 13 Times Champs keeps deflecting my question he knows the answer..

When you dont have quality starters in key areas the entire unit will suffer...

I.E our defense players that are only good to be back ups IF they are even worthy to be a back ups, should not be asked to be starters on any team.

I am not saying Capers needs all pros...I am saying when his players have no talent the def will suffer..That doesnt mean his scheme would work either..Just dont know how well it might work....

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still not answering my ?

Your deflecting still

Nelson and Jones not all pro are they??

No Jones and Nelson wern't all pros. It is you deflecting from the result. Defense has been a problem going back to last year. Thompson gave him a burp. Yes a couple got injured but do you seriously think a DC that allows nearly 60o yards deserves more time?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting line up

cj wilson
dez moses
brad jones
Eric walden

Still think thats talent?

Every team has some role players, no one has studs across the board.

They've still got one star in Matthews and a number of impact players in Shields, Tramon, Woodson, Burnett, and Raji. Hayward is getting close.

Here's why I blame scheme over execution tonight. Put a healthy Bishop, Worthy, DJ Smith, Perry in the game tonight. Does anything change? I don't think so. They had no answer in their gameplan for Kapernick.

There are some weak spots on defense, but getting 45 hung on you by an average offense in the biggest game of the year is unforgivable. Especially when this isn't the first time that a Caper's-led D hasn't laid a historically bad egg on the big stage for us.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No Jones and Nelson wern't all pros. It is you deflecting from the result. Defense has been a problem going back to last year. Thompson gave him a burp. Yes a couple got injured but do you seriously think a DC that allows nearly 60o yards deserves more time?

Capers sucks,..I have admitted it a few times..and I am okay with him being fired...but want a guy that can use the players we have

Please just read my last post on what I am trying to get at since you rather nit pick with me..

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers sucks,..I have admitted it a few times..and I am okay with him being fired...but want a guy that can use the players we have

Please just read my last post on what I am trying to get at since you rather nit pick with me..

You are the nitpicker. You have zeroed in on my posts when others have said much the same thing as I have. I never said I didn't want to run the 3-4.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You are deflecting posts.

I am the deflector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy now??

But answer my ?

With Jordy, Rodgers, Jones out..Do we score more than 10 points a game...Or do we not skip a beat?

We all know we dont score to much...

is it MM fault?--not entirely all his fault----is the answer

Not enough talent is the reason for not scoring enough---not having talent at key spots hurts a ton..do not know what can be done with quality players in key spots..

Thats all I wanted 13..But you just love to nit pick

So Dom doesnt have quality players in key spots hurts him as his hands are tied..That lands on Ted...However Dom still is to blame for not planning to his players abilities..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts