FIRE #28!!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it's funny that everyone wants to blame the brand new coaching staff for a guy that is bad enough to get 3 penalties and torched for 12 points in two quarters of play. He sucks, and if anyone's head should roll, it should be his. Great 1st rounder, kinda makes me think of Joey Harrington. What a joke.

Reaction score
You know I really agree with you, that Carroll isn't improving the way he should as a first rounder. Three years and this is how good he is? That is very sad.

However the main thing I have against letting Carroll go is that there is no one to replace him. We have no #3 CB who is ready yet. Release Carroll and you are basically playing with fire given Woodson's injury history.

Once again tonight I am left scratching my head at TT. He should have had us more depth, so if a situation like Carroll's came up we could cut ties and move on without having any major ramifications. Unfortunately that isn't the case. :(

Reaction score
Isn't it sad that Blackmon still merits a place over other players we had even though he is injured.

Once again a real decline in talent level for the packers from just a couple of seasons ago.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not know why Carroll is being blamed for the second TD. Woodson released him to the safety {manual} and Manual was nowhere around. Could be on Woodson but most likely Manual.

On the first TD Carroll got burnt but he had no Safety help over the top. Nick Collins wasn't even in the picture until the ball was there.

Hawk was also not very good tonight. He has to make that play on McNabb on the sideline. Barnett needs to start being a force in the middle and I'm tired of seeing Pickett not blowing up the interior. He gets stood straight up and droven back way to often.

This again was a total defensive team breakdown. Pinning it on Carroll is only stating half the fact. Woodson only missed a few plays and was on the field for the last two TD's.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're right pyle that it was a total team effort in ineptitude, but how many holding and pass interference calls does 28 need before we see the light (2 more tonite in addition to giving up at least one td)? A street free agent, horton, someone has to be at least as good as carroll

Reaction score
musccy, I can see that the first holding call might have been unfair, but it just goes to prove that Carroll has gotten a rep with the refs and even a little contact on his part can lead to a penalty.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carrolls biggest blunder was his *****ing to the ref over what he perceived as a drop when the ball was in fact live. This kid's head will never be on straight.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Carrolls biggest blunder was his ****** to the ref over what he perceived as a drop when the ball was in fact live. This kid's head will never be on straight.
That kinda chapped me too. He can't be so stupid that he forgets to simply touch someone on the ground, can he?

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
On the first TD Carroll got burnt but he had no Safety help over the top. Nick Collins wasn't even in the picture until the ball was there.

You're right, he had no safety help. But its not like he was covering T.O. or Marvin Harrison or Torry Holt or something. It was Reggie Brown. If you're letting guys like Reggie Brown blow 10 yards past you, there is a very big problem. I run the 40 in about 9 seconds flat and i still think i could get seperation from Caroll. I never thought i would see somebody worse than Terell Buckley but Caroll is much worse. Buckley didnt really get beat like that. He was just too short to catch the jump balls against bigger receivers and constantly got toasted like that.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game changed drastically when Woodson got hurt and went out...then our defence fell apart or should say Carroll fell apart like he was together anyways...NOT

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been giving AC rope and rope and rope, never really complaining about his performance... and last night he hung himself. I am sick of him, his performance was... just **** poor. I understand there are 11 guys on the field and that it's a team effort but you are still only as strong as your weakest player, and he showed up well for that position last night.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
The game changed drastically when Woodson got hurt and went out...then our defence fell apart or should say Carroll fell apart like he was together anyways...NOT

Woodson was out for like 5 plays.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I do not know why Carroll is being blamed for the second TD. Woodson released him to the safety {manual} and Manual was nowhere around. Could be on Woodson but most likely Manual.

Hawk was also not very good tonight. He has to make that play on McNabb on the sideline. Barnett needs to start being a force in the middle and I'm tired of seeing Pickett not blowing up the interior. He gets stood straight up and droven back way to often.

This again was a total defensive team breakdown. Pinning it on Carroll is only stating half the fact. Woodson only missed a few plays and was on the field for the last two TD's.

You're absolutely right about the first TD. I thought the way Carroll ran his coverage (on the outside shoulder) meant that he was supposed to have help over the top. Carroll had nothing to do with the second TD.

Let's not also forget that our supposed shut down corner had three penalties last night as well (one holding, one pass interference and one 15 yard facemask).

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that is maddening is that it is more often than not our vets who are killing us, while the rookies continue to improve week-to-week.

Ending on a positive note, in all the darkness of last night, Greg Jennings was a bright light.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spot on digs. Driver and Harris were as responsible as anyone for last night. They may get a little leeway given their past performance, but we really couldn't afford for them to have an off night like they did yesterday.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another bright spot was Morency. Yes, he had a fumble, but he is just beginning to work with Favre and developing a feel for wher the ball will hit him. But, he has great burst and cutback ability, sees the field well, and has a pad level at contact about as low as Ahman.....dishes instead of receives punishment. Something to be excited about to be sure.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll struggled and he'll continued to get picked on as long as he's in a Packer uniform. Philly exploited a weakness and I expect the Rams to continue to use it against the Pack.

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, when I said Carrol gave up 2 TDs last nite, I was tired and a little buzzed. I was thinking of the big pass he got embarassed on, but it wasn't a TD.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
So, when I said Carrol gave up 2 TDs last nite, I was tired and a little buzzed. I was thinking of the big pass he got embarassed on, but it wasn't a TD.

It don't matter if it's technically one or two the guy stunk. He gave up a second big pass and like a play later they score so he takes the bulk of it for that one as well. Nobody to blame on that one. His guy all the way.

Maybe Carroll should have seen some help from Collins but he was covering a very AVERAGE receiver that should not have been able to burn him like that.

He not only gave up another big play he was called for holding back down the field. It's sad when you cannot stop a big play when your holding the guy.

I'm still not sure who blew the coverage on the second TD that receiver caught when Woodson cut him loose. It had to be a zone for Woodson to let him go like that but somebody screwed up bad there.

Key stat of the game:

Joe Average-WR 2 catches, 75 yards, 2 TD's. And nobody's touched him yet and it's Monday morning.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I just think it's funny that everyone wants to blame the brand new coaching staff for a guy that is bad enough to get 3 penalties and torched for 12 points in two quarters of play. He sucks, and if anyone's head should roll, it should be his. Great 1st rounder, kinda makes me think of Joey Harrington. What a joke.

I think it's funny that all preseason, posters here were praising AC's "development" last year, and predicting he would be better than Harris by the end of the season (Trom, myself and precious few others excluded). IIRC, some people were even suggesting cutting Harris altogether and starting AC alongside Woodson.

Now, as the defense struggles to stop a 5 year old, everyone is screaming for AC's head, and seem glad he is gone. For the record, I was sick of his lacklustre play and holding penalties. However, there were many people on this forum that insinuated that I did not know what I was talking about, and that Carroll was "looking better" than Harris by the end of the season.

What happened?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts