FINS CUT CULPEPPER

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from profootballtalk.com

POSTED 4:11 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 4:43 p.m. EDT, July 17, 2007

FINS CUT CULPEPPER

The Miami Dolphins have announced that the team has terminated the contract of quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

The news was disclosed in a one-sentence release from the team.

Culpepper's grievance against the team was scheduled to be heard on July 18. We assume that the grievance will not proceed, given that the goal was to force the franchise to allow him to participate in team drills during training camp, which opens later this month.

The move ends Culpepper's rocky tenure with the Fins after only one season. Acquired in a trade for a second-round pick, Culpepper was ineffective in four starts, and ultimately was benched. He required further surgery on a knee that was shredded in November 2005, and did not return.

His fate in South Florida was sealed after the team landed Trent Green. But instead of merely cutting Culpepper loose, the Dolphins hoped to finagle a draft pick for his services. At a mandatory minicamp last month, the team refused to allow Culpepper to participate in team drills, since a serious injury would have put the team on the hook for his entire $5.5 million salary. The move prompted Culpepper's grievance.

We previously heard that the Dolphins were suspicious that Culpepper's "cut me don't trade me" stance was the result of tampering by one of the teams that could be interested in acquiring his services.

Some league insiders believe that Culpepper is destined to land in Jacksonville, where he'd have a good shot at becoming the starter in 2008. We've heard that he's interested in joining the Packers, too.

With Rams quarterback Marc Bulger recently hinting about a possible holdout, St. Louis coach Scott Linehan might be toying with the possibility of bringing Culpepper in with a one-year deal aimed at protecting the franchise against the worst-case scenario with Bulger, whose financial expectations surely have increased in the wake of the Dwight Freeney deal.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow....

Vick....Culpepper...bad day for QBs! Someone keep Favre locked up for the day!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Wow....

Vick....Culpepper...bad day for QBs! Someone keep Favre locked up for the day!

Culpepper wanted to be released and with the Vick news actually makes Culpepper being cut even better for him as the Falcons surely understand that Goodell is gonna punish Vick and will try to get Culpepper.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Atlanta will go after him. After all, is sure looks like they will need a QB. I bet they are wsihing now that they hadn't traded away Matt Schaub!

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Atlanta will go after him. After all, is sure looks like they will need a QB. I bet they are wsihing now that they hadn't traded away Matt Schaub!

They already have Joey Harrington. Why would they need Culpepper? How long is going to be until Culpepper is ready to play?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
cheesey said:

They already have Joey Harrington. Why would they need Culpepper? How long is going to be until Culpepper is ready to play?

Exactly. I couldn't imagine ATL needing Harrington AND Culpepper.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they go after Culpepper? of the two who has ever shown they can succeed at this level?

I would take Culpepper over Harrington anytime.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hearing they are considering Culpepper. Culpepper helps the race issue. Falcons have a huge black fan base and if the falcons 'turn' on vick, it will look racist. Culpepper, a successful(in 2004) black QB being brought in, could neutralize some things.

I laugh at Atlantas problems...thats what they get for sticking with that tool for so long AND trading Matt Schaub! SILLY BUNS!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol

Joey would be pissed. I think.

Didn't Joey back up Daunte at Miami? He'd be doing the same at Atlanta if Daunte signed with them. lol

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol

Joey would be pissed. I think.

Didn't Joey back up Daunte at Miami? He'd be doing the same at Atlanta if Daunte signed with them. lol

ya he did at Miami and it would be cool to see it happen again lol

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hearing they are considering Culpepper. Culpepper helps the race issue. Falcons have a huge black fan base and if the falcons 'turn' on vick, it will look racist. Culpepper, a successful(in 2004) black QB being brought in, could neutralize some things.

I laugh at Atlantas problems...thats what they get for sticking with that tool for so long AND trading Matt Schaub! SILLY BUNS!
I don't know how even the most racist black person can try to push this off on race. If Vick was involved in abusing dogs in this way, then he deserves punishment. I don't care WHAT color his, or anyone else's involved skin color they are.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I don't know how even the most racist black person can try to push this off on race. If Vick was involved in abusing dogs in this way, then he deserves punishment. I don't care WHAT color his, or anyone else's involved skin color they are.

I don't believe you will see the Reverend Jesse Jackson coming in to defend him anytime soon.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
tromadz said:

I don't believe you will see the Reverend Jesse Jackson coming in to defend him anytime soon.
Good point! Where ARE Jackson and Al Sharpton at a time like this???
Hmmm.....do i hear crickets??? :rotflmao:
I guess there's no good publicity for their hate mongering in this case, so we won't hear from them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Chris Landry who is a well known NFL scout and owns a company that helps out NFL teams for the draft, said Dc looks to be heading to Atlanta now.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Chris Landry who is a well known NFL scout and owns a company that helps out NFL teams for the draft, said Dc looks to be heading to Atlanta now.

That would not surprise me.

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
tromadz said:

It´s strange that the Falcons would be forced to ahve black QB just because they had one before. What if all teams thought like that, so if a team had white QB before who leaved the team, so they had to replace him with a new white QB, because the fans wanted it like that.
That is in a way racism in it self to choose QB for his skin color.

I dont know what you others think but that sounds stupid to me.

By the way why are there almost no asian footballplayers?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ahh Raider Pride... Culpepper to Raiders?

Raiders | Team expected to sign Culpepper
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:01:23 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports the Oakland Raiders are expected to sign free-agent QB Daunte Culpepper (Dolphins), according to a source familiar with the situation.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
longtimefan said:
tromadz said:

It´s strange that the Falcons would be forced to ahve black QB just because they had one before. What if all teams thought like that, so if a team had white QB before who leaved the team, so they had to replace him with a new white QB, because the fans wanted it like that.
That is in a way racism in it self to choose QB for his skin color.

I dont know what you others think but that sounds stupid to me.

By the way why are there almost no asian footballplayers?

Lynch, since you are from Sweden we will give you a free pass on this one.
Do you realize how big these football players are. The vast majority are 6ft or taller. Some of the offensive and defensive lineman are alot taller.
Plus, they are huge. There are not very many 6ft asian men running around out there. Enough said.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd signing. Him and Russell are essentially the same type of QB.

Aren't they committed to Russell starting the season? Culpepper will tear his ACl/MCL/PCl again if he plays. Mark my words.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
LOL he goes from a crap team to an even worse team LOL

He turned down a 3 year deal worth 15 million from the Jaguars. What a moron.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts