Finley's agent rips Rodgers

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ironic that everyone jumps on Finely for something that he doesn't have any control over, but doesn't get on Rodgers for not being as good as he has been since prior to the KC game last year. Even the guys on the radio have noticed he hasn't been as good, something he does have control of.

Nor have they jumped on Nelson for dropping two in the Bears game. :confused:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should get some slack, as should the offense as a whole...but I think too many people are unfairly critical of Finely cuz of some crazy idea that he's a "cancer" on the team. Yes he needs to pick up his game, and quit with the drops, but he's a damn good TE, probably the best we've had since Chumura and Keith Jackson

Is it the potential or the production that put him at that level?

Bubba franks didn't have bad numbers his first 5 years either.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You would think that as an agent he wouldnt want to burn any bridges with players. I feel like burning one with one of the most popular players in the league might be a bad thing.

This guy is also the agent for ... um ... Desmond Bishop, I believe - not 100% on that one.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I chuckled when he implied that Manning and Brady are good leaders because they take the blame. Whenever Manning lost in the playoffs it was always the O-lines fault.

I have to admit, it is true. Even after the SB loss vs. the Saints it was Bill Polian who blamed the o line for the loss.

Both Brady and Manning get plenty of blame directed from them a lot. Receivers, o line, defense, special teams, coaches, the wind, the toilet paper in the locker room......

They are both HOF QBs but they are human too, but the media/fan boys wants them to be GOAT A and GOAT B at times. Sigh.

Oh yeah and Finley's agent is a DB....clearly.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Is it perhaps because of all the self promotion Finley did as opposed to Nelson's quiet blue collar work attitude?
That may be part of it. I did mention Nelson in one of my posts about his bears games drops, but then again his overall production out shines finleys. J. Nelson was our leading WR last season, and was 2nd in the NFL in TD receptions. The 2010 year was also a great year for Nelson as well. The past performances can also be a factor as to why Nelson does not get as much critisism as finley.......

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Buit let's not confuse the latest episode where it was his agent running his mouth and not Finley.

Agree. Agents are sometimes a real bane to a player. I think a certain agent was the driving force behind the indecision of a certain high profile QB a few years back.

Reaction score
I agree "fettpett", but how long do the Packers hang on, waiting for him to pick up his game? I do see Finley as a "me first" personality. He needs to show some maturity. Maybe Rodgers game has been a little rusty but most of his passes to Finley have been catchable. The bottom line is needs to step up and be a player. I don't know if he's a "damn good TE", but he has the potential that he hasn't shown us yet. This is the BIGS, he's got to play like it.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. Agents are sometimes a real bane to a player. I think a certain agent was the driving force behind the indecision of a certain high profile QB a few years back.
Respectfully disagree. I think the certain high profile player wanted out of the Packers, thinking he had a chance to go to a team (Vikings) with better personnel. Funny how things work themselves out.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. I think the certain high profile player wanted out of the Packers, thinking he had a chance to go to a team (Vikings) with better personnel. Funny how things work themselves out.

Well, that could be too. I know his agent is a long time friend and confidant, so I'm just spit balling here.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree "fettpett", but how long do the Packers hang on, waiting for him to pick up his game? I do see Finley as a "me first" personality. He needs to show some maturity. Maybe Rodgers game has been a little rusty but most of his passes to Finley have been catchable. The bottom line is needs to step up and be a player. I don't know if he's a "damn good TE", but he has the potential that he hasn't shown us yet. This is the BIGS, he's got to play like it.

Agree with most of your post. No doubt he neeeds to cure the dropsies. But I'm hopeful he will. Let's not forget that Jordy Nelson (yes I'm bringing him up again) had one of the highest drop rates for WR's before last year. He turned it around to the point where he now drops the ball infrequently. So I see this as something Finley can do. But yes the clock is ticking on him.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Finley is as dumb as a back of rocks and his agent seems to be a giant ****. But Agents are typically scumbag ****s anyway so no real surprise.

Finley's agent should be more adamant about removing the astroglide from his clients hands instead of calling out the league MVP and undisputed leader of this football team.

Everyone here knows I've been incredibly supportive of Finley and I still am. Nobody is going to gameplan for Tom Crabtree or assign two defenders to him like they will with Finley. He's a very well paid decoy at this point and that's about it.

But my patience with him is wearing thin. If was GM, if I could trade him and a few draft picks for Gronkowski or Graham, I would without hesitation.

I can't imagine how Rodgers is feeling about this. He takes blame all the time for the *** ups of our team. Including Finley who he's been defending for a while now as well as singing his praises about how hard he works and that he wanted him to stay in GB. For his agent to come out and say something like this for no real reason, I'll bet it stung him a little bit.

I hope when we play Seattle, Rodgers targets Finley and nobody else. Force him to put up or shut up about not getting enough targets or his QB not giving the ball to his "play maker"

Finley and his agent need to count their blessings because if he gets kicked off the team, no other team is going to pay a guy with stonehands a playmaker's salary. Except maybe Oakland or Cleveland.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Is that a gut feeling or something you are basing that on?

I would assume his agent would frown on him destroying his image and money making area writ the rest of his life. Plus Bus has been around the block a few times.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Hearing things on his official site and forum, reading quotes, and watching interviews for YEARS, I am 99.999% sure it was all Brett..Bus just went along..

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Is that a gut feeling or something you are basing that on?

I would assume his agent would frown on him destroying his image and money making area writ the rest of his life. Plus Bus has been around the block a few times.

Just gut because my heart said the QB wouldn't have done that stuff without some outside influence. But I don't follow his postings and stuff like Longtime does.

Members online

Latest posts