1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Finley's agent rips Rodgers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Sep 18, 2012.

1. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Nor have they jumped on Nelson for dropping two in the Bears game. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Is it the potential or the production that put him at that level?

Bubba franks didn't have bad numbers his first 5 years either.

3. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
  5. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    yeah, gotcha. Finely has been better than them when healthy, even when coming off major injury he was better. He does need to be better about catching the ball.

6. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    This guy is also the agent for ... um ... Desmond Bishop, I believe - not 100% on that one.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I understand that to be correct as well.

8. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    You sir are correct

9. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I have to admit, it is true. Even after the SB loss vs. the Saints it was Bill Polian who blamed the o line for the loss.

Both Brady and Manning get plenty of blame directed from them a lot. Receivers, o line, defense, special teams, coaches, the wind, the toilet paper in the locker room......

They are both HOF QBs but they are human too, but the media/fan boys wants them to be GOAT A and GOAT B at times. Sigh.

Oh yeah and Finley's agent is a DB....clearly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Is it perhaps because of all the self promotion Finley did as opposed to Nelson's quiet blue collar work attitude?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    That may be part of it. I did mention Nelson in one of my posts about his bears games drops, but then again his overall production out shines finleys. J. Nelson was our leading WR last season, and was 2nd in the NFL in TD receptions. The 2010 year was also a great year for Nelson as well. The past performances can also be a factor as to why Nelson does not get as much critisism as finley.......

12. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    But let's not confuse the latest episode where it was his agent running his mouth and not Finley.

13. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Agree. Agents are sometimes a real bane to a player. I think a certain agent was the driving force behind the indecision of a certain high profile QB a few years back.

14. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    I agree "fettpett", but how long do the Packers hang on, waiting for him to pick up his game? I do see Finley as a "me first" personality. He needs to show some maturity. Maybe Rodgers game has been a little rusty but most of his passes to Finley have been catchable. The bottom line is needs to step up and be a player. I don't know if he's a "damn good TE", but he has the potential that he hasn't shown us yet. This is the BIGS, he's got to play like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Respectfully disagree. I think the certain high profile player wanted out of the Packers, thinking he had a chance to go to a team (Vikings) with better personnel. Funny how things work themselves out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Well, that could be too. I know his agent is a long time friend and confidant, so I'm just spit balling here.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

17. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Agree with most of your post. No doubt he neeeds to cure the dropsies. But I'm hopeful he will. Let's not forget that Jordy Nelson (yes I'm bringing him up again) had one of the highest drop rates for WR's before last year. He turned it around to the point where he now drops the ball infrequently. So I see this as something Finley can do. But yes the clock is ticking on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Finley is as dumb as a back of rocks and his agent seems to be a giant ****. But Agents are typically scumbag ***** anyway so no real surprise.

Finley's agent should be more adamant about removing the astroglide from his clients hands instead of calling out the league MVP and undisputed leader of this football team.

Everyone here knows I've been incredibly supportive of Finley and I still am. Nobody is going to gameplan for Tom Crabtree or assign two defenders to him like they will with Finley. He's a very well paid decoy at this point and that's about it.

But my patience with him is wearing thin. If was GM, if I could trade him and a few draft picks for Gronkowski or Graham, I would without hesitation.

I can't imagine how Rodgers is feeling about this. He takes blame all the time for the fuk ups of our team. Including Finley who he's been defending for a while now as well as singing his praises about how hard he works and that he wanted him to stay in GB. For his agent to come out and say something like this for no real reason, I'll bet it stung him a little bit.

I hope when we play Seattle, Rodgers targets Finley and nobody else. Force him to put up or shut up about not getting enough targets or his QB not giving the ball to his "play maker"

Finley and his agent need to count their blessings because if he gets kicked off the team, no other team is going to pay a guy with stonehands a playmaker's salary. Except maybe Oakland or Cleveland.

19. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    A corner or a safety? ;)

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Both. I hear the Packers are interested. He might be good depth for later in the season.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Is that a gut feeling or something you are basing that on?

I would assume his agent would frown on him destroying his image and money making area writ the rest of his life. Plus Bus has been around the block a few times.

22. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983

Hearing things on his official site and forum, reading quotes, and watching interviews for YEARS, I am 99.999% sure it was all Brett..Bus just went along..

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Just gut because my heart said the QB wouldn't have done that stuff without some outside influence. But I don't follow his postings and stuff like Longtime does.

• Funny Funny x 1