1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Finley's agent rips Rodgers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    If you guys think Finley is nothing above average then we should release him an see how many teams would offer him a huge contract? More than you would think I'm guessing.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Getting a big contract offer doesn't make you a great player, sorry.

Everyone talks about how good he is, I'd love to actually see it on the field consistently, not once a season.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Aaaaand at the very bottom of the list....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Not sure if mentioned, but Finley stuck up for Rodgers Tuesday morning

5. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Isn't he tied for the team's reception leader for this season?
    Not top 10?
    He really does need a new agent, one that has a basic grasp on reality and doesn't fill his player's heads with garbage. "You're worth more money than that, It's not you so it must be chemistry, It must be the quarterback." Ain't that the truth, watch, as soon as he goes somewhere else he puts up and we wonder "Why didn't he do that here?" and some of the insecure ones wonder "maybe he was right and it was all Rodgers..."
    His brain. He worries too much about too many things. Contracts, injuries, etc. He is just like Lebron was: mentally soft. He has all the tools, all the potential, but none of the mindset.

6. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    You know, I found this on another forum and thought you would enjoy it. Also, page 13 says a lot about Finley, 23 says a little.

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/williams_not_too_green_8ED8l0i303MJJBnJ0wzOMK
    Giants must deal with Packers Finley
    Either way, Williams will be critical this week. He will be both helping the Giants offense get set for Matthews, and preparing himself to defend one of the Packers’ toughest weapons: tight end Jermichael Finley.
    In the Week 13 meeting, Finley was a nightmare for the Giants, catching six passes for 87 yards and a touchdown. Of his catches, every one either went for a first down or a touchdown, including a 24-yard catch that opened the Packers’ game-winning drive. Finley’s numbers would have been even more impressive had it not been for his three drops.
    Williams was matched up with Finley at times, and both he and fellow linebacker Michael Boley will be the Giants who figure to draw him again. Those two are the Giants’ most athletic linebackers and tend to draw tight end coverage. The Giants have fared well recently against tight ends, most recently holding Atlanta’s Tony Gonzalez to four grabs for 44 yards.
    “[Finley’s] a speed guy. I’m a speed guy,” Williams said. “It was a good matchup. He’s a good athlete. But we’re coming to play football.”
    Boley was part of the Giants’ defense against the Packers in Week 13, but it was his first game back after missing two games with a hamstring injury. He said yesterday he was “about 70 percent” in that game, and he played far fewer snaps than normal because of the injury.
    With his speed, the 6-foot-5, 247-pound Finley, who caught 55 passes for 767 yards and eight touchdowns, is a glorified receiver, according to Giants safety Kenny Phillips.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/tag/_/name/jermichael-finley
    Last week, the Giants put an emphasis on shutting down Jermichael Finley, who torched them for six catches and 87 yards as well as a touchdown in their meeting on Dec. 4.
    On Sunday, the Giants held Finley to just four catches for 37 yards despite being targeted nine times in the game. Finley was third among all tight ends in touchdowns this year.

8. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    I watch pretty much every interview that is posted.. And last year Finley was asked about Rodgers leadership and he said nothing but positive things about him.

9. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Lebron WAS... That is the keyword! If lebron could change his ways, why not Finley?

10. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    It's why I used him as a comparison. Remember, Fin worked out with the Fitz this offseason

11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ WOW...really? Larry Fitzgerald, IMO, has the best hands in the NFL. To bad that mojo didn't rub off on Finn.

12. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    and Fitz is best friends with Jennings... Which means Finley + Fitzgerald = Amazing Finley?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^lol....your football mathematics are funny.

14. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Funny or not, it's just simple algebra!

15. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    I chuckled when he implied that Manning and Brady are good leaders because they take the blame. Whenever Manning lost in the playoffs it was always the O-lines fault. I love Manning but it is true: Manning would get sacked like 15 times a season (which is probably somewhat from him able to read a D so well but mostly from his great O-line) and when they had a mediocre game and he had to step up he wouldn't and would blame the O-line. And Brady has complained plenty in his career.

I hope Finley gets rid of the Clown town agent of his.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Lol @Fin+Fitz. But seriously, think of Finley with Fitzgerald's hands! Plus Fitzgerald has the mindset needed to reach that next level, he's been called the hardest working receiver in the game. I know Fin has been working hard and gets frustrated with himself, its just a matter of being able to finally take the step back to being himself. It's not impossible. As Oshkosh has said though, he still hasn't fully broken his habit of cradling passes.

He won't fire his agent, he has publicly stated how much of an impact his agent has had on his life and how much he loves the guy. People are unfortunately human, and humans have faults. Fin's agent has just shown a few faulty lapses in judgement

And we hired one of those linemen Peyton thinks was at fault...

• Like Like x 1
  17. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Btw, Bishop has the same agent. Decent agent, but should have known better than to speak out. Discretion is the greater part of Valor. If we've learned anything from Bus Cook and Alan Herman it's that we shouldn't know an agent's name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    This is probably more about Rodgers not lobbying hard enough for his client to have gotten a bigger contract than he did last year.

This guy should have just said that autocorrect put arod in place of Cutler and he didn't proof his tweet.

19. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,329
    Brady doesn't have to call out his receivers. His wife does it for him.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  20. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    This agent also thinks Michael Jordan is a terrible leader...

21. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    I really really really wanna see Travis the Chimp locked in a small room with Skip Bayless.... Throw in the Miami Face Zombie as well... and some Nickaloadeon green slime crap.

22. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Ironic that everyone jumps on Finely for something that he doesn't have any control over, but doesn't get on Rodgers for not being as good as he has been since prior to the KC game last year. Even the guys on the radio have noticed he hasn't been as good, something he does have control of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    He wasn't exactly the model teammate... Punching teammates in the mouth and generally being a complete a hole all around

24. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    The offense has sucked the past 3 games. No doubt about it. Being the reigning MVP he gets cut some slack, but it's going to come down hard if things don't improve soon.

25. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    He should get some slack, as should the offense as a whole...but I think too many people are unfairly critical of Finely cuz of some crazy idea that he's a "cancer" on the team. Yes he needs to pick up his game, and quit with the drops, but he's a damn good TE, probably the best we've had since Chumura and Keith Jackson

• Like Like x 1