Finley update

Wpg-GBP#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boys lets not speculate and just wait and see what comes about all this!

Finley was good for us no doubt, no one can say when he was on field last year he didnt contribute. Having a QB like Rodgers makes players great, so im not to "worried" if we lose Finley, love him back but I sure wont be panicing. We dont need vet WR/TE. Rogers has proven that with Cobb and now Boykin and Quarless. Miles White will be next in line, I could see flashes and with year under all there belts they seem to just get better in GB! This is what a GREAT qb does for a team, takes off pressure from the rookies. We got a lot of talent, the least of our worries is the receveing core.

Defense please :)

Wpg-GBP#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im actually Not overly excited about Quarless... Hé seems to drop thé ball a lot. But maybe hé will be better this year with more playing time with Aaron GODgers :p But Im stikl Not worried about receving core

D

Deleted member 6794

Im actually Not overly excited about Quarless... Hé seems to drop thé ball a lot. But maybe hé will be better this year with more playing time with Aaron GODgers :p But Im stikl Not worried about receving core

Quarless has had five drops during his career, I don´t think that´s a huge problem with him.

Wpg-GBP#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well i guess Thats true then, but hé just hasnt Stuck out for me but...... Hé Also hasnt gotten à bigger rôle yet. This year that could changé.

Was he a big player in collège? What is his stats?

D

Deleted member 6794

Well i guess Thats true then, but hé just hasnt Stuck out for me but...... Hé Also hasnt gotten à bigger rôle yet. This year that could changé.

Was he a big player in collège? What is his stats?

Quarless had 87 receptions for 1,146 yards and 8 TDs during a four year career at Penn State.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There´s no doubt the Packers would like to bring him back. His latest scan has been made several weeks ago and there hasn´t been any news about it so far. Don´t think it worked out the way he would´ve liked.
Agreed. No news in this situation is probably bad news for Finley.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone think the TE position has grown enough with lyerla and Rodgers that we might not even look at Finley when/if he's cleared? I guess we need to see them actually take some snaps in the offense but who says Finley is worth the time and risk even if cleared? I mean, he was improving last year, a lot, but he has always had a drop problem and he's the only guy I've really ever heard talk about "chemistry" with AR being a problem. I just don't see GB taking this risk if Rodgers or lyerla emerge or both emerge big in this preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

Does anyone think the TE position has grown enough with lyerla and Rodgers that we might not even look at Finley when/if he's cleared? I guess we need to see them actually take some snaps in the offense but who says Finley is worth the time and risk even if cleared? I mean, he was improving last year, a lot, but he has always had a drop problem and he's the only guy I've really ever heard talk about "chemistry" with AR being a problem. I just don't see GB taking this risk if Rodgers or lyerla emerge or both emerge big in this preseason.

I don´t think Dr. McKenzie will ever clear Finley to play again for the Packers even if some other teams might want to take the risk.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you Dylan. I've never been a huge Finley fan only because he has never been a consistent performer, whether due to injury or chemistry issues. His potential is through the roof but not seen often enough. Personally I'd rather dedicate snaps to some of the younger guys with Quarless - another inconsistent performer - in place. I don't think that we need to spend the money on the TE position as much as defense and O-line.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
One of these days I hope to click on this thread and read an actual update on Finley's status. :D

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
No clue what it means but Finley just tweeted "Awesome News! #I WillRiseAgain" at about 2:00 pm est
Maybe he is able to stand up straight? I'm hoping for the best and unfortunately I feel the best would be him not being able to play yet being healthy enough to live well.

Members online

Latest posts