Finley update

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would you even offer him? He has been over paid for awhile. Never turned in a great full year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Collins has been ready to play since before we released him. Still sitting by the phone.
“Pat McKenzie doesn't feel the same way about Jermichael as he felt about Nick,” McCarthy said in an interview at in Indianapolis during a break in the NFL Scouting Combine.
So I'm very open and optimistic about Jermichael coming back. I think the specifics of their injuries are different."

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would you even offer him? He has been over paid for awhile. Never turned in a great full year.
One-year, incentive-filled deal.
Low guarantee, HIGH potential if he stays healthy and delivers.
Make that high # potentially as high as the top TE makes.
And let's hope he earns it.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One-year, incentive-filled deal.
Low guarantee, HIGH potential if he stays healthy and delivers.
Make that high # potentially as high as the top TE makes.
And let's hope he earns it.
Sounds like his his last contract. I'm done waiting for the potential everyone talks about.

The only thing that developed last season was his maturity.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can call myself one of the biggest Finley critics over the past couple of years......but the fact is before his injury this year....he suffered one drop in six games...garnering a 2.5 percentage drop rate....pretty low for NFL standards and much better than previous years. He had a total of 300 yds receiving through six games, averaging 50 ypg....0 fumbles and 3 TDs.....not staggering, but not bad either. IMO he was getting better. Don't overpay, but if we can get him at a decent price, I am all for it....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley is so much better than any of our other TE's on the roster.
I wish we still had Tom Crabtree as he'd be our #1 TE if we lose J-Mike.

Where's Zac Alcorn at?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or TT could draft a TE and talk Tony Gonzalez into playing another yr and mentor his successor? I think TG would be convinced to play in GB if Rodgers reached out to him and the defense added some pieces. Ijs. TG has never played with a qb of Rodgers ability...one former Cal Bear to another??

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tony's mentally already checked-out.
He's already a broadcaster now, having gotten Marino and Sharpe booted out the CBS door.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah keeping Finley would be a good idea. If we could get him on another two year deal similar to the last one he signed. I don't think there is gonna be a huge market for him so it seems realistic he would sign a 2 year 15 M deal. That is if the Packers medically clear him which is still up in the air.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah keeping Finley would be a good idea. If we could get him on another two year deal similar to the last one he signed. I don't think there is gonna be a huge market for him so it seems realistic he would sign a 2 year 15 M deal. That is if the Packers medically clear him which is still up in the air.

He would be an absolute fool not to take a deal similar to his last one especially with the guaranteed money he got. I know he has an insurance policy out on himself something like $10M I thought, does anyone know if that voids if he signs another deal?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
finley and Collins... one used his neck as a missle guys who were bigger than himself (many times)... And one was avoiding getting hit by guys who were typically smaller than himself... I believe that is the differences MM is talking about.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think 7 mil for 2 years would be up my alley. But not much more

D

Deleted member 6794

I know this is not likely but if the coaches think Finley can play, what are y'alls thoughts on us putting the tag on him? Sign Shields and tag Finley for about 6.5 mil.

First of all he would have to be cleared by Monday.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is not likely but if the coaches think Finley can play, what are y'alls thoughts on us putting the tag on him? Sign Shields and tag Finley for about 6.5 mil.

Not going to happen. No way he's cleared by Monday

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

IDK exactly how the tagging system works, but from what i remember hearing, you don't get to decide the $ value of the tag. I think it is a collective average of the top TE's from around the NFL..... or something close to being along those lines.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IDK exactly how the tagging system works, but from what i remember hearing, you don't get to decide the $ value of the tag. I think it is a collective average of the top TE's from around the NFL..... or something close to being along those lines.

And I believe the league determines what position that player is to be tagged at. The team only designates who their "Franchise Player" is

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I looked up an article on Jimmy Graham and that was the number for top 5 TE.

D

Deleted member 6794

It is actually the percentage of top five contracts at the position over the last few years in relation to the salary cap over that period.

And I believe the league determines what position that player is to be tagged at. The team only designates who their "Franchise Player" is

That is correct.